collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Gordon Cowans by CT Villan
[Today at 02:12:50 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 01:07:18 AM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by VillaTim
[March 28, 2024, 11:45:01 PM]

COLD BLOW LANE ... 1967 to 1975 ... Did anyone (dare to) visit the Den? by dcdavecollett
[March 28, 2024, 11:02:33 PM]

Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by Somniloquism
[March 28, 2024, 10:54:34 PM]

FFP by AV82EC
[March 28, 2024, 10:36:39 PM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by Demitri_C
[March 28, 2024, 10:29:02 PM]

GUESS THE CROWD R22: ASTON VILLA v Wolves, Saturday 30th March! 🥧 by ironmaidenmania
[March 28, 2024, 08:43:00 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by CT Villan
[Today at 02:12:50 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by JD
[Today at 01:37:32 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 01:07:18 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 01:05:25 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by The Left Side
[Today at 12:52:12 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by tomd2103
[Today at 12:47:19 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by edgysatsuma89
[Today at 12:33:09 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by KevinGage
[Today at 12:22:56 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa V Wolves - Post Match Thread  (Read 12025 times)

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
Re: Aston Villa V Wolves - Post Match Thread
« Reply #90 on: March 06, 2021, 10:37:06 PM »
I think this is the least frustrating year in 11 seasons.

Offline BC54 VFC

• GM : 29.05.2015
« Reply #91 on: March 06, 2021, 10:40:34 PM »
He's the Marlon F. Harewood of this generation but with less ability.

Let’s hope Cameron Archer gets his chance eh?
I detect more than a hint of sarcasm in that response  ;)

Offline nick harper

• GM : Feb, 2012
« Reply #92 on: March 06, 2021, 10:41:21 PM »
Criticism of Davis is absurd. He never gets more than 15 minutes and often far less. I’d like to see him up top with Watkins out wide (but interchangeable with movement) for two whole matches before I write him off. Especially as our wingers are unreliable. Trez is ok coming off the bench to help protect a lead but he can’t dribble. El Ghazi is great 40% of the time, Traore 25%.

Absolutely agree with this. He needs a run of games. The club clearly rate him but he needs to be given the opportunity over an extended period. I think he is top drawer with his back to goal.

I don’t think he will be a prolific goalscorer but he may yet make us a better team.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #93 on: March 06, 2021, 10:46:56 PM »
He's the Marlon F. Harewood of this generation but with less ability.

Let’s hope Cameron Archer gets his chance eh?
I detect more than a hint of sarcasm in that response  ;)

I chose not to rise to it. Davis is simply not good enough. Archer will be.

Offline nick harper

• GM : Feb, 2012
« Reply #94 on: March 06, 2021, 10:49:29 PM »
I thought Trez did ok, worked hard and had better match than Traore. Barkley and Ramsey came on and you could see the difference, bags of energy from Ramsey while Barkley had all the energy and mobility of a corpse.  Beat Newcastle on Friday and the table will look pretty good before those games with Spurs and Everton.

Trezeguet is a terrible footballer, always has been. Don’t mistake hard work for an inability to make his brain and his feet do what he wants. He’s just all over the place, mostly ineffective and just occasionally does something that you don’t expect. Traore is the same but just a little more productive.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #95 on: March 06, 2021, 10:51:44 PM »
I thought Trez did ok, worked hard and had better match than Traore. Barkley and Ramsey came on and you could see the difference, bags of energy from Ramsey while Barkley had all the energy and mobility of a corpse.  Beat Newcastle on Friday and the table will look pretty good before those games with Spurs and Everton.

Trezeguet is a terrible footballer, always has been. Don’t mistake hard work for an inability to make his brain and his feet do what he wants. He’s just all over the place, mostly ineffective and just occasionally does something that you don’t expect. Traore is the same but just a little more productive.

No, I am a terrible footballer. They both play for us in the Premier League. Bit of a difference.

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #96 on: March 06, 2021, 10:56:05 PM »
Read the Wulvs forum because I'm pathetic. Fucking hell, they're an ungrateful shower of Hi-Tec trainers-wearing, mullet-sporting, sister-shagging dog-fanciers. They've been in the top flight for two seasons, finished 7th last year and half of them want the manager sacked. It's like they've forgotten that they support Wulvs, not Bayern Munich.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #97 on: March 06, 2021, 11:01:18 PM »
I think Summer I'd be prioritising a wide right player, move Watkins wide left, get a center forward in and play Jack in the hole (McCarthy approves).

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #98 on: March 06, 2021, 11:13:08 PM »
If you put the best bits of Traore (unpredicatability), Trez (work rate) and El Ghazi (shooting) together, you'd get one decent winger. As it is, we've got three very mediocre ones, who are inconsistent and mostly shite.

Barkley added to the evidence that he's not worth buying. Sanson, McGinn and Watkins did OK and the defence was sound other than the two chances they had second half. We're really crap to watch at the moment though.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #99 on: March 06, 2021, 11:19:51 PM »
Sanson McGinn Luiz Grealish El Ghazi Watkins for the next game if possible please.

Offline ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
« Reply #100 on: March 06, 2021, 11:20:17 PM »
Traore has been a huge disappointment, another winger who cannot beat a man. We gave the ball away so easily the Wolves players must have thought it was Christmas.
The defence were their usual dependable selves but midfield and forward of centre were were clueless. We need more creativity going forward, it seems without Grealish we can't score.
Ramsey was very tidy when he came on and i would rather see the younger players be given fifteen minutes than the usual players whom we know will not make a difference.

Offline Rory

• GM : PCM
« Reply #101 on: March 06, 2021, 11:20:23 PM »
I'm happy with 4 points from Wolverlona. We're not in a great run of form, so I'm not going to complain about a clean sheet and a point.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #102 on: March 06, 2021, 11:35:42 PM »
If we have Cash, Grealish, El Ghazi and Sanson all fit for Newcastle then I can see us really doing a number on them and getting back to out early 3-0 victory ways. Disappointed with a scoreless game again but glad to see we've tightened up again and there really is a solid foundation being made for next season. Sanson looks tidy. A clinical finisher and a more consistent threat than Traore and we could be looking at having a very serious side.

Offline Nii Lamptey

« Reply #103 on: March 06, 2021, 11:37:57 PM »
A draw was a fair result I think.
Excellent first half, but a poor second with our midfield disappearing with the Sanson injury.

If there is money available in the summer, we need to be spending big on a striker. No pissing about.
That’s no reflection on Watkins who was superb in the first half, and worked his bollocks off is the second, but the kid needs help. Davis is not that help and who knows if Wes will ever play again.

Smith should be developing Archer instead of sticking with Davis who has failed to produce time after time after time.

I actually think Davis has something but whether we ever see it is another matter. I personally don’t think Dean’s handled him correctly.

Apparently, he's brilliant at FIFA on the Playstation. so maybe he should stick to eSports? Had enough chances in a Villa shirt and flattered to deceive. Not good enough and a waste of a substitution - Give that spot on the bench to a reserve/youth player who knows where the goal is.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #104 on: March 06, 2021, 11:39:29 PM »
Come back 2020, all is forgiven. This year we continue to struggle, other than our brilliant defence we are so far away from the team that finished last year. Today once again the back 5 were excellent but Ollie deserves a special mention, he looked right up for it today and worked his balls off chasing everything. Love him. A very mature PL performance. He deserves better than being supported every week in attack by one-trick ponies.

Summer can't come soon enough.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal