collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Villa Park Redevelopment by AV82EC
[Today at 11:16:36 AM]

Gordon Cowans by Nunkin1965
[Today at 11:01:49 AM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by Nev
[Today at 10:25:19 AM]

FFP by thick_mike
[Today at 10:19:47 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Baldy
[Today at 10:14:15 AM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Ian.
[Today at 10:01:07 AM]

Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by AV82EC
[Today at 11:16:36 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 11:11:04 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Clampy
[Today at 11:07:39 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by langleylions
[Today at 11:05:52 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Nunkin1965
[Today at 11:01:49 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Richard E
[Today at 11:00:08 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 10:58:06 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by ChicagoLion
[Today at 10:54:17 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa V Wolves - Post Match Thread  (Read 12032 times)

Offline LukeJames

Re: Villa 0 - Dingles - 0 Post Match Thread
« Reply #60 on: March 06, 2021, 08:22:53 PM »
Living in wolverhampton, I will take 4 points over the season, shuts the biggest bellends you are ever likely to meet up for a while.

We miss Jack hugely, Traore looks more dangerous aswell when Jack plays due to the space Jack creates.

My main 2 signings next season are a quality right winger and a quality 10, spend £30m on both.

Leon Bailey please.

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #61 on: March 06, 2021, 08:23:37 PM »
 Martinez 8 Match winning Save .
Frustrated. Though why he continued playing out from the back -which never got Villa up the field and rolled one out to Douglas who was caught on possession and conceded foul just outside area I mark him down. The Kicking wasn't great could have done with getting Villa up the pitch second half. Made save from Neto wolves counter and Hardly troubled but probably man of match for the save. Slightly marked down for my observations on his distributing the ball. But clearly a wonderful keeper who save reactions the best and helped the point. Wonderful hands.

Elmo 8
A superb showing defending. Didn't let Adana Traroe get a sniff. So sound and experienced quick in tackle . Only one silly foul on Jimmy in dangerous position , but a great performance by him. Really got forward in first half and like team hardly played any football in wolves half in second but distribution general let down.

Targett 7
mixture though mainly solid. Neto gave him a real challenge and unable to totally handle his threat. Was beaten on counter Martinez saved. But made a couple of vital challenges and was part of a solid back 4.

Mings 8.5
Another captains performance outstanding . Solid and composed worried he now may be injured but most assured.

Konsa 8
would have been player of match if he scored. Actually unlucky with his chance that his woodwork because Dendoncker got a block in which deflected to bar and therefor Konsa woild actually have scored. Should have scored at the end!! Over into holte end instead

Douglas Luiz 6
First half a good contribution second not so much totally non existent

McGinn 7.5
Quality of the 3 in midfield won many a tackle and was very good passing balls forward. He did make some loose passing but was generally decent if lacking any real goal threat.

Sanson 6.5
Booked fo foul chasing back. Showed a few nice pieces with a lovely run and beat players along left side.
Signs of promise but not of wave length at times of other players

Traore 5
 Outside the cross from the left after taking pass from Targett and setting chance for Konsa was really poor and that's 3rd in a row. Came off rightly so maybe injured. Didn't see much for an attacking player disappointing , Anonymous for much of the game and opening wasn't apparent at all. Contributor little and continues underwhelm

Trezeguet 5
toss up between Bert and Trez as the worst performing today. Both wide forward lacked any goal threat or decent movement on and off ball. As bad if don't worse than Bert. Rightly subbed. Poor.

Watkins 7.5
unluckiest striker in league . Has now hit woodwork 7 (Seven) times this season most in league. Never stops trying and had outstanding effort which came off the bar as well as a shot on target right at end .unlucky

Subs
Barkley 4
Nearly gave away a goal! Mis control shocking. Lacked any spark

Davis 5.5
Tried too much by touch line. Dwelled on ball. Nothing much shown

Ramsey 6
. Showed some good energy unfortunately offside and also tracked back well. Solid in cameo appearance. Far better than Barkley.

Villa
Defence 7/10 and as a team very difficult to beat and very solid defence.

Excellent first half 7.5/10
outside of not scoring were the dominant team and only one poked like winning. Could have been a few goals up.

2nd Half 5.5/10
Villa unable to get into Wolves half let alone penalty box majority of time. Sometimes caused by own poor , slow and backwards passing and play.

But as an attacking entity, quality of play and entertainment has to be 6.5/10 overall.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2021, 08:27:13 PM by Footy-Vill »

Offline Luke8

« Reply #62 on: March 06, 2021, 08:23:52 PM »
Agree with all the positive posts about points tally
However, reality is that since the Burnley first half we have struggled.
Pessimistic Brummie trait coming through, but should not be ignored. S.Utd  had fantastic 1st season but are going down (after beating us)
Claret and Blue glasses need polishing to not ignore problem areas.

I don’t think it’s a case of ignoring the problems, just acknowledging that overall significant progress has still been made. Injuries/fatigue are starting to affect us (as you can also see with several other teams) and showing that the squad/back up players aren’t quite up to the standard required. To be fair to the management/club they have done a pretty good job of identifying and improving our weakness so far. I’m certain they are aware of this and it’ll be the next area worked on in the summer.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #63 on: March 06, 2021, 08:24:16 PM »
We need a striker and a wide player of real quality. Pretty well stocked middle of the park. Need a young centre half to understudy for Mings/Konsa.

Keep what we have, which we will, we'll be top 6 again.

Offline colin69

« Reply #64 on: March 06, 2021, 08:24:19 PM »
A draw was a fair result I think.
Excellent first half, but a poor second with our midfield disappearing with the Sanson injury.

If there is money available in the summer, we need to be spending big on a striker. No pissing about.
That’s no reflection on Watkins who was superb in the first half, and worked his bollocks off is the second, but the kid needs help. Davis is not that help and who knows if Wes will ever play again.

Smith should be developing Archer instead of sticking with Davis who has failed to produce time after time after time.

I actually think Davis has something but whether we ever see it is another matter. I personally don’t think Dean’s handled him correctly.
Sorry but Davis gives us nothing and never will. It’s not the managers fault, he’s just nowhere near PL quality. I dread the day Watkins gets injured

We may never know because he’s never had a proper chance. If he’s not up to it then it is the managers fault that he didn’t send him out on loan and get a replacement in. Either play him or sell him, it’s not doing him or us any good with a few minutes here and there.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #65 on: March 06, 2021, 08:33:34 PM »
who's going to pay money for him? He's a striker that never scores. Loan him out dor a season and see what he can do in a lower league because if there isa level for him that's it.

Offline Bermuda Villa

« Reply #66 on: March 06, 2021, 08:38:19 PM »
We are having a rough period and struggling for goals but look on the bright side in the last 8 games we have scored 5 goals but taken 11 points.

All teams have a dip in form but we are winning games despite being below our best. I would love to see Dean start to blood the youngsters and give them game time and then have a clear out of Elmo, Taylor, Davis, Trez and El Ghazi while adding a couple more quality additions.

I am happy with our progress and the great thing is the back 5 are young and will continue to get better. Keep the faith folks.

UTV

Offline colin69

« Reply #67 on: March 06, 2021, 08:41:22 PM »
who's going to pay money for him? He's a striker that never scores. Loan him out dor a season and see what he can do in a lower league because if there isa level for him that's it.
[/quo

Perhaps the lower leagues is his level, and if it is let him go as we are just stifling his career. But I just feel he does have something to offer us if used correctly.
Anyway i guess this is the wrong thread for this debate.

Offline RichardBatchelor

« Reply #68 on: March 06, 2021, 08:42:21 PM »
Criticism of Davis is absurd. He never gets more than 15 minutes and often far less. I’d like to see him up top with Watkins out wide (but interchangeable with movement) for two whole matches before I write him off. Especially as our wingers are unreliable. Trez is ok coming off the bench to help protect a lead but he can’t dribble. El Ghazi is great 40% of the time, Traore 25%.

Offline colin69

« Reply #69 on: March 06, 2021, 08:47:30 PM »
Criticism of Davis is absurd. He never gets more than 15 minutes and often far less. I’d like to see him up top with Watkins out wide (but interchangeable with movement) for two whole matches before I write him off. Especially as our wingers are unreliable. Trez is ok coming off the bench to help protect a lead but he can’t dribble. El Ghazi is great 40% of the time, Traore 25%.

Hallelujah....

Online Nunkin1965

• This is only a problem.
« Reply #70 on: March 06, 2021, 08:50:59 PM »

Hallelujah....

Agree.
5 minutes here. 10 minutes there. If there's no Jack for the next game I'd give him a start and play Ollie out wide.

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #71 on: March 06, 2021, 08:51:17 PM »
Like the game it's a post match thread of 2 halves. This one had 0-0 written all over it really. It's a point and another clean sheet, beat Newcastle please and then hopefully Jack's back for the run-in

Offline AlwaysVilla

« Reply #72 on: March 06, 2021, 08:53:22 PM »
Absolutely agree that consistently going after Davis is ridiculous.  The guy has never been given a chance at this level and only gets 10 minutes here and there when we are chasing a game and have often become clueless. He may not ever be good enough at this level but how he is judged so with so few minutes on the pitch is appalling. Its almost like he is the scapegoat because we didn't buy another striker. I hope for his sake the kid goes out on loan and proves more than a few people on here wrong.

Offline Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #73 on: March 06, 2021, 08:53:57 PM »
I suppose if you’re internet connection is going to screw up before a game starts then this is the one where you’d want it to happen. We got a point more than I expected so not a bad outcome having not seen a kick.

Offline colin69

« Reply #74 on: March 06, 2021, 08:56:25 PM »
I suppose if you’re internet connection is going to screw up before a game starts then this is the one where you’d want it to happen. We got a point more than I expected so not a bad outcome having not seen a kick.

Damn that AOL dial up....😂😂😂

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal