collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa v The Dogheads Match Thread  (Read 14106 times)

Offline Behind Bluenose Lines

• Location: Hanging on in Quiet Desperation During a Global Pandemic
  • GM : 28.06.2024
Re: Aston Villa v The Dogheads Match Thread
« Reply #375 on: March 06, 2021, 07:31:13 PM »
As I’m sure the management realise, another striking option is a priority in the summer.
Oh Tammy! Tammy!

Offline hipkiss92

« Reply #376 on: March 06, 2021, 07:31:16 PM »
It feels like this team has reached its ceiling. That with Jack we have a little more but without him we are entirely predictable. And the same with Dean Smith. Without better players he is also limited. He’s squeezed all he can out of this group. We will still win games and we have days like this but realistically this is now a mid table team at best.

Way over the top

Agreed. TV reel it in, we are on a journey, it will be bumpy but it’s going in the right direction. We have some fantastic kids to come though and we are the youngest team in the league. It’s only going to get better

Reel what in? What in the last few weeks provides you evidence that might just have run out of steam this season. I know we are on a journey, and that journey won’t always be smooth. This is the bumpy part.
Thankfully we have enough  points on the board as I see this season petering out after so much promise ...Smith has done well to get us up and stay up but is he the man to take us to the next level ? Despite a few good results this season he is constantly out thought by other coaches

But has also done the job on Belsay, Klopp, Nuno and Rodgers. Or do managers only get out thought when they're.in our dug out?

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #377 on: March 06, 2021, 07:31:34 PM »
It feels like this team has reached its ceiling. That with Jack we have a little more but without him we are entirely predictable. And the same with Dean Smith. Without better players he is also limited. He’s squeezed all he can out of this group. We will still win games and we have days like this but realistically this is now a mid table team at best.

100%

It's been a decade since we were mid-table. Did you really expect anything better this season?

Offline Nunkin1965

• This is only a problem.
« Reply #378 on: March 06, 2021, 07:32:12 PM »

100%

I agree to a point but you wouldn't be saying that if Grealish and Cash were fit.

Offline jcsutv

« Reply #379 on: March 06, 2021, 07:34:23 PM »
It’s still good progress.

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #380 on: March 06, 2021, 07:38:37 PM »

100%

It's been a decade since we were mid-table. Did you really expect anything better this season?

No.

Injuries and lack of striker options were always going to hamper us eventually.

Offline Bermuda Villa

« Reply #381 on: March 06, 2021, 08:16:18 PM »
We are having a rough period and struggling for goals but look on the bright side in the last 8 games we have scored 5 goals but taken 11 points.

All teams have a dip in form but we are winning games despite being below our best. I would love to see Dean start to blood the youngsters and give them game time and then have a clear out of Elmo, Taylor, Davis, Trez and El Ghazi while adding a couple more quality additions.

I am happy with our progress and the great thing is the back 5 are young and will continue to get better. Keep the faith folks.

UTV

Offline Hockley Lion

• GM : 24.05.2022
« Reply #382 on: March 06, 2021, 08:19:42 PM »
Seems a decent enough result to me. We nicked the first game against them with Jack and took a point off them without him. Without Jack's creativity and record for assists, not to mention his goals it was always going to be tough. 4 points from a possible 6 against them and limiting them to 1 against us is creditable I'd say.

Utv!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal