collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Ollie Watkins by Somniloquism
[Today at 11:59:17 AM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by Nii Lamptey
[Today at 11:57:56 AM]

Re: Ollie Watkins by Footy-Vill
[Today at 11:57:13 AM]

Re: Ollie Watkins by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 11:54:44 AM]

[Today at 11:51:46 AM]

[Today at 11:49:30 AM]

Re: Season Tickets - 2023/24 by dalians umbrella
[Today at 11:49:23 AM]

Re: Ollie Watkins by KevinGage
[Today at 11:48:39 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Villa Park Redevelopment  (Read 550677 times)

Offline Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
Re: Villa Park Redevelopment
« Reply #6720 on: March 29, 2024, 11:35:30 AM »
They’ve gone from having a stadium that was “The Old Trafford of the Midlands” - Baroness Brady. It was nothing like it in reality until it started falling apart. Now the excitement levels are high as they dream of a scaled down version of the much derided London Stadium. That’s if it’s ever actually built.

Online Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #6721 on: March 29, 2024, 11:45:03 AM »
Just look at the very first post on our Small Heath thread - which 15 years old now - and stop worrying.

Offline Villan82

« Reply #6722 on: March 29, 2024, 11:48:09 AM »
With respect, this thread would be entirely different if Mr Heck had taken a leaf out of his predecessor's book and been a bit more upfront about what's happening.

His announcement in December was a shitshow. If you announce something big that was planned isn't happening but don't give any indication what's the Plan B this is what the result will be.

What is the result? That Blues have bought some wasteland? I don't have any time for Heck based on his performance so far, but I don't think he can take the blame for some vulture capitalists taking Blues for a ride.

Look, you are being disingenuous there. I don't give a damn about the rags.

Quite obvious I mean all of the uncertainty about what we are actually doing and whether we are just going to keep 42k and jack up prices every year.

We all know FFP means we have to increase revenue and we cancelled our original plan for doing it.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #6723 on: March 29, 2024, 11:52:46 AM »
With respect, this thread would be entirely different if Mr Heck had taken a leaf out of his predecessor's book and been a bit more upfront about what's happening.

His announcement in December was a shitshow. If you announce something big that was planned isn't happening but don't give any indication what's the Plan B this is what the result will be.

What do you want them to say if there's nothing to say or been decided?

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #6724 on: March 29, 2024, 12:48:46 PM »
Right, you see Leicester, Southampton and Middlesborough? That dull, soulless, 30k ish type almost identical bowl set up for mid range clubs?

If they end up building a new stadium that will be the absolute limit of it.

Exactly. They're an absolute shower. If we want to build something, it will be to build the best ground in the country. They can get fucked, quite why folks are bringing them up is bizarre.

Offline Demitri_C

« Reply #6725 on: March 29, 2024, 12:51:31 PM »
Just look at the very first post on our Small Heath thread - which 15 years old now - and stop worrying.

But the difference now is they seem to have owners who are actually ambitious and have half a brain cell. Dont get me wrong i dont think there will be global domination like their brain dead fans think. But their owners seem to have more wealth than most of that league so wouldnt suprise me if they are challenging in next few years

Ergh i need a bath

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #6726 on: March 29, 2024, 12:57:59 PM »
I think that within a few years they'll be challenging for a trophy. It will be for whatever the Leyland Daf Cup is called these days though.

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #6727 on: March 29, 2024, 01:03:06 PM »
They’re requoting Ads on that thread about us!

I think Monty may have joined for a laugh.

Harbsbleu
bluearmyfaction
Tom TheProject Brady

Do we ration football stadia?

Knowledge of the second-declension neuter plural? Am impressed.

Is it not third declension? Mensa 1st, Dominus 2nd , Bellum 3rd - Stadium. I should recall as I went to school where Latin was beaten into you repeatedly

No, it's 2nd declension neuter. 3rd declension is a ragbag of consonontal stems but distinguished by the genitive singular in -is. (nomen/nominis, rex/regis, hom-o/hominis.)

Online algy

• GM : 23.03.2025
« Reply #6728 on: March 29, 2024, 01:05:47 PM »

But the difference now is they seem to have owners who are actually ambitious and have half a brain cell. Dont get me wrong i dont think there will be global domination like their brain dead fans think. But their owners seem to have more wealth than most of that league so wouldnt suprise me if they are challenging in next few years

Ergh i need a bath
Oh, pull yourself together.

The only league title Small Heath might challenge for in the next few years is League One. I'd be surprised if they built a new stadium on the Wheels site at all, and if they do there's no case for making it bigger than their current ground since they couldn't fill that (except against us) when they were in the Premier League. And Blues having either St Andrews or a ground that's a similar size and in a similar location to St Andrews will have no more effect on the commercial viability of either Villa Park or a new Villadrome elsewhere.

More likely the present owners will flip the Wheels site for an easy buck. Small Heath won't see a penny of it, and they'll continue to play in a dilapidated ground, but muddling around the middle of league one.

Offline Ads

« Reply #6729 on: March 29, 2024, 01:17:42 PM »
They’re requoting Ads on that thread about us!

The silly twats have a thread that starts with "Aston Villa we're coming for you". The Carnian Pluvial Period where it quite literally rained for 2 million years would be shorter measure of time for how quickly that shower is coming for us. Quote me all they like, if you're under 20, you've never seen your side beat us in the league. Embarrassing fucking twats.

Offline Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #6730 on: March 29, 2024, 01:18:45 PM »
The Rooney appointment certainly indicates the presence of half a brain cell.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #6731 on: March 29, 2024, 01:31:43 PM »
I’d argue when they first wanted this super mega bowl it was under the best owners they ever had.

Offline Ads

« Reply #6732 on: March 29, 2024, 01:35:13 PM »
I’d argue when they first wanted this super mega bowl it was under the best owners they ever had.

Like Chico said, the first page of the thread about then is said best owners begging for the Council to build them a Dildo Dome.

If they build anything at all, it would just be the Kop/Tilton style shite replicated where the Main Stand and Agbonlahor Ends are. Oooooh.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #6733 on: March 29, 2024, 02:02:31 PM »
They're currently being talked about on four threads, which is at least 3 1/2 too many.

Offline amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
« Reply #6734 on: March 29, 2024, 02:38:53 PM »
Personally I think it’s very telling that there appears to be not one of them with any emotional attachment to St Andrews! It s all just ‘Yay The Vile will be rattled!’

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal