collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Ads
[April 28, 2024, 11:47:33 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by David_Nab
[April 28, 2024, 11:20:28 PM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by PaulWinch again
[April 28, 2024, 11:19:47 PM]

Moussa Diaby - Confirmed by Axl Rose
[April 28, 2024, 11:15:52 PM]

Loanwatch 2023/24 by AV84
[April 28, 2024, 11:09:51 PM]

MOTD by PeterWithe
[April 28, 2024, 11:07:30 PM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Steve67
[April 28, 2024, 10:58:00 PM]

Robin Olsen by Somniloquism
[April 28, 2024, 10:54:37 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Ads
[April 28, 2024, 11:47:33 PM]

Re: Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Skerra
[April 28, 2024, 11:28:45 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by David_Nab
[April 28, 2024, 11:20:28 PM]

Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by PaulWinch again
[April 28, 2024, 11:19:47 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Toronto Villa
[April 28, 2024, 11:16:07 PM]

Re: Moussa Diaby - Confirmed by Axl Rose
[April 28, 2024, 11:15:52 PM]

Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by VillaTim
[April 28, 2024, 11:14:59 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Rudy Can't Fail
[April 28, 2024, 11:14:18 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Villa Park Redevelopment  (Read 551378 times)

Offline Villan82

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment
« Reply #6690 on: March 29, 2024, 08:34:31 AM »
Why cant the club release a statement actually telling us their plans ffs , it cant possibly to just stay as we are and rinse 20% increases every year out of us , they must have a plan for something !!

I think this is exactly Heck's plan so the numbers look good and screw the future. Think about it. We were months away from starting and he just cancelled it. It took three years to get the project to where it was the day he announced it wasn't happening.

Some interpreted his cancelling of the new development as a sure sign a new stadium was in the works. But coldly looking at the events of this week without claret and blue glasses I can't see it. the whole point of a new build would be to fill a wider gap in the city's offerings but the rags seem to have that in the works now. Yes, their new stadium might be crap like everything else they do but that site is massive if they want to go big on other offerings alongside.

Edit, and most importantly, I have no doubt it would have leaked if it was simply a case of something better being planned.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2024, 08:37:00 AM by Villan82 »

Offline langleylions

« Reply #6691 on: March 29, 2024, 08:38:11 AM »
But i cant see naz & wes being happy with that , aston villa has & always will be the shining light for our city and i cant see them wanting the shit to be seen as more ambitious

Offline Villan82

« Reply #6692 on: March 29, 2024, 08:43:09 AM »
But i cant see naz & wes being happy with that , aston villa has & always will be the shining light for our city and i cant see them wanting the shit to be seen as more ambitious

I agree. NSWE are incredible owners. But they got rid of Purslow for this dude. This dude will have been keen to put his stamp on things. He was the one who got rid of the round badge before it was even launched - a whole big event was planned for the Brighton game last May and he over-ruled it. Literally days after arriving.

He probably demanded that he could review the whole operation and they had to back him. He probably has been doing power point presentations with them since day one showing what Chelsea squeeze out of a smaller stadium than ours. Look at his words 'we are adding too many seats too fast'!!

Anyway, that's just my take based on 25 years of experience seeing execs like this guy come and go always out to make an impression around while they are there.

I really, really hope I am badly wrong by the way!

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #6693 on: March 29, 2024, 08:47:18 AM »
Sorry what? If the Noses build a new tinpot sithole in B9, that stops us building the best ground in the country in the city centre because...? Do we ration football stadia?

Offline langleylions

« Reply #6694 on: March 29, 2024, 08:53:52 AM »
No but i cant see the council however cash strapped they are flogging off another piece of land to build another football stadium ,

Offline Villan82

« Reply #6695 on: March 29, 2024, 08:57:00 AM »
Sorry what? If the Noses build a new tinpot sithole in B9, that stops us building the best ground in the country in the city centre because...? Do we ration football stadia?

Not impossible but definitely less likely.

We flip flopped on our own redevelopment also. Important to keep that in context. We wasted a lot of time for other stakeholders already.

We spent 5 years charging forward with purpose and we have spent the last year doing u-turns. We are fans of the club, obsessive ones at that, and we no longer have any clue what they are going to do next
« Last Edit: March 29, 2024, 08:59:55 AM by Villan82 »

Offline Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #6696 on: March 29, 2024, 09:24:14 AM »
Sorry what? If the Noses build a new tinpot sithole in B9

B8

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #6697 on: March 29, 2024, 09:38:02 AM »

It's funny how a few people are flipping out because a team on the verge of falling into the 3rd tier, that haven't had a gate over 30,000 in nearly 40 years and used to get gates of 6k when they were last at that level are going to somehow steal a march on us and possibly prevent us from redeveloping.

Offline Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #6698 on: March 29, 2024, 09:45:57 AM »

It's funny how a few people are flipping out because a team on the verge of falling into the 3rd tier, that haven't had a gate over 30,000 in nearly 40 years and used to get gates of 6k when they were last at that level are going to somehow steal a march on us and possibly prevent us from redeveloping.

I don’t think it is them that’s the worry its more to do with the goodwill of the council and the city’s capacity to have two city centre venues targeting the same revenue streams.

Offline langleylions

« Reply #6699 on: March 29, 2024, 09:51:04 AM »
People aint flipping out about that shower of shit , they are flipping out because our ceo seems intent on absolutly fleecing us and forcing out fans with prices when at the same time killing all the momentum and good feeling we have had since promotion with his pathetic backtracking and cancelling the redevelopmet cuz in his words , ' too many seats too quickly bullshit !! That is whats narking fans , the shite can build whatever they want , they will still be the shite , but what are WE  doing to get better & bigger besides price after price increases

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #6700 on: March 29, 2024, 09:54:22 AM »
Right, you see Leicester, Southampton and Middlesborough? That dull, soulless, 30k ish type almost identical bowl set up for mid range clubs?

If they end up building a new stadium that will be the absolute limit of it.

Online Gareth

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #6701 on: March 29, 2024, 09:57:19 AM »
For all the moaning about Heck on here it is exactly that…a coupe of hundred online getting vexed…if you were to do a survey at the ground on Saturday most wouldn’t even know who he is and what he has / hasn’t done since being in post.

I agree thag I would like to know what is / isn’t planned but know it will only happen when they want to tell the customers

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #6702 on: March 29, 2024, 09:59:18 AM »
People aint flipping out about that shower of shit , they are flipping out because our ceo seems intent on absolutly fleecing us and forcing out fans with prices when at the same time killing all the momentum and good feeling we have had since promotion with his pathetic backtracking and cancelling the redevelopmet cuz in his words , ' too many seats too quickly bullshit !! That is whats narking fans , the shite can build whatever they want , they will still be the shite , but what are WE  doing to get better & bigger besides price after price increases

You said earlier that Wes and Naz won't want 'the shit' to be seen as more ambtious. So you do care about them. Bloody hell, calm down.

Offline FrankyH

• GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #6703 on: March 29, 2024, 10:19:07 AM »
Fulham will have a rooftop swimming pool on their new stand:

https://archive.ph/mS3Xi

I'm sort of hopeful that we'll go for something similar at Villa Park. Obviously not an infinity pool overlooking Witton, which might not be as attractive to visitors, but it'll give Fulham a pretty unique looking stadium with the cottage and that stand. Still feel the 'new' North Stand was a bit bland and we need something .... spicy?
The pool thing is old news so I'm not sure why its being reported now.

I hope our lot come up with outside of the box ideas. Not a pool though.

I'm sure when small heath build this new mega stadium , they will steal a march on us (yet another one !) , I can hear the marketing blurb now.

"Relax in our beautiful infinity pool in the heart Bordesley Green as pool and Digbeth Branch Canal merge into one.  Unwind as you enjoy the beautiful scenery of  upturned shopping trolleys and 2lb black ribbed knoblers floating in the famous Brummie landmark."

Offline langleylions

« Reply #6704 on: March 29, 2024, 10:32:30 AM »

You said earlier that Wes and Naz won't want 'the shit' to be seen as more ambtious. So you do care about them. Bloody hell, calm down.
I dont need to calm down m8 ,  anybody with any brains would know that they would not want to be seen as less ambitious , what we all want to hear is what are WE  gunna do to either expand or move , not for us to be fobbed off with  bullshit and price rises

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal