collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by pablo_picasso
[Today at 08:07:11 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by The Edge
[Today at 07:51:24 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 07:47:37 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 07:39:18 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by OCD
[Today at 07:39:18 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Nev
[Today at 07:38:29 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Ian.
[Today at 07:37:07 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 07:36:44 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Villa Park Redevelopment  (Read 528726 times)

Offline oldhill_avfc

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2021, 04:24:59 PM »
There has to remain a separate identity for each of the stands, at least in the upper tiers.  You can fill the corners with boxes, corporate seats, restaurants, craft breweries, cheese rooms or whatever else we want, but whatever we do it needs to remain recognisably as Villa Park.  As good as Tottenham's new ground may be, when it is filled with fans three quarters of it looks no different to the Emirates or Etihad, or any number of large new builds in other countries.

Your point regarding the Spurs stadium is right.  It's main assets are the single tier stand and it's location , ie existing White Hart Lane.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2021, 04:27:48 PM »
It's wrap around stadium for me, lose too much capacity having 4 stands. Spurs stadium I reckon is superb.

Build a copy of the Spurs stadium somewhere just north of Worcester and move Villa there

Sorted

Coldstream is North of Worcester?

Offline VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2021, 04:35:39 PM »
I hate wrap around stadiums. Redo the North stand to make it a similar size to the Holte (there's plenty of space) and then we can look at the options for Witton Lane because the concourses in there are a massive problem, it would be tough though as we'd need to have the road moved to stand any chance and I can see a lot of opposition to that.

Or build over the road for the witton  lane

Offline Pat Mustard

« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2021, 04:47:11 PM »
I hate wrap around stadiums. Redo the North stand to make it a similar size to the Holte (there's plenty of space) and then we can look at the options for Witton Lane because the concourses in there are a massive problem, it would be tough though as we'd need to have the road moved to stand any chance and I can see a lot of opposition to that.

Or build over the road for the witton  lane

Although thanks to Doug's penny-pinching, there is a large chunk of unused space at the front of the lower tier - a fairly shallow rake for the seats here and a decent overhanging upper tier and we might not have to go as far back as we think.  I always thought the bigger problem was that if the stand went any higher then it blocks the light to the houses over the back.

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2021, 04:48:22 PM »
As I dont want the people in Wellington Road forced out. I suggest the one stop retail park in Perry Barr is demolished and we build a brand new stadium there. Four seperate stands all built similar to the present Holte End but incorporating as much of the old Trinity as present building regulations allow, all with the facade and steps behind. The present Holte holds just under 13.5k so I would estimate a total capacity in the region of 70k with such structures along both sides and ends. One would be called the William McGregor stand, one would be called the Eric Houghton stand, one would be called the Graham Taylor stand, and one would be called the Ron Saunders stand.
As we are pushing out the retailers, there would be a little shop outside on the corner. This would be called the Doug Ellis.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2021, 04:50:36 PM by Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air »

Online The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2021, 04:48:53 PM »
Whatever we do we cannot lose the essence of what Villa Park is in terms of its aesthetic appeal and most importantly the football environment it creates. I don’t disagree aspects of the ground need to be brought up to date. Man U fans are saying much the same thing about Old Trafford.
Absolutely. I'd hate them to make Villa Park just another stadium. Its got history and character. They could keep that style and bring the capacity up to around 50,000 which I think would be ideal for us.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2021, 04:50:25 PM »
As I dont want the people in Wellington Road forced out. I suggest the one stop retail park in Perry Barr is demolished and we build a brand new stadium there. Four seperate stands all built similar to the present Holte End but incorporating as much of the old Trinity as present building regulations allow, all with the facade and steps behind. The present Holte holds just under 13.5k so I would estimate a total capacity in the region of 70k with such structures along both sides and ends. On would be called the William McGregor stand, one would be called the Eric Houghton stand, one would be called the Graham Taylor stand, and one would be called the Ron Saunders stand.
As we are pushing out the retailers, there would be a little shop outside on the corner. This would be called the Doug Ellis.

You'll do for me, have a bronx hat

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2021, 04:51:16 PM »
As I dont want the people in Wellington Road forced out. I suggest the one stop retail park in Perry Barr is demolished and we build a brand new stadium there. Four seperate stands all built similar to the present Holte End but incorporating as much of the old Trinity as present building regulations allow, all with the facade and steps behind. The present Holte holds just under 13.5k so I would estimate a total capacity in the region of 70k with such structures along both sides and ends. On would be called the William McGregor stand, one would be called the Eric Houghton stand, one would be called the Graham Taylor stand, and one would be called the Ron Saunders stand.

You'll do for me, have a bronx hat

Cheers Tom

Offline nigel

« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2021, 05:02:41 PM »
As I dont want the people in Wellington Road forced out. I suggest the one stop retail park in Perry Barr is demolished and we build a brand new stadium there. Four seperate stands all built similar to the present Holte End but incorporating as much of the old Trinity as present building regulations allow, all with the facade and steps behind. The present Holte holds just under 13.5k so I would estimate a total capacity in the region of 70k with such structures along both sides and ends. One would be called the William McGregor stand, one would be called the Eric Houghton stand, one would be called the Graham Taylor stand, and one would be called the Ron Saunders stand.

If we built a complete new stadium it would certainly be a wrap around like the Emirates

« Reply #39 on: March 03, 2021, 05:06:04 PM »

If we built a complete new stadium it would certainly be a wrap around like the Emirates

Build it in the city centre then. On the site of the old library !

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2021, 05:09:54 PM »
I think one big single tier stand at the North Stand end, with boxes in towers either side would be my shout. The sooner the better, too.

Offline VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #41 on: March 03, 2021, 05:11:56 PM »
Haven’t they just refurbished the boxes in the north stand ? Would they potentially just extend the north stand?

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #42 on: March 03, 2021, 05:30:46 PM »
There has to remain a separate identity for each of the stands, at least in the upper tiers.  You can fill the corners with boxes, corporate seats, restaurants, craft breweries, cheese rooms or whatever else we want, but whatever we do it needs to remain recognisably as Villa Park.  As good as Tottenham's new ground may be, when it is filled with fans three quarters of it looks no different to the Emirates or Etihad, or any number of large new builds in other countries. 

Indeed.  Not a fan at all.

If we go the route of replicating other club's designs I'd bulldoze the Witton Lane carbuncle and look at something similar to the new main stand at Anfield.

Online The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #43 on: March 03, 2021, 05:38:19 PM »

Build it in the city centre then. On the site of the old library !
There's already a 500 million pound development going up on that site called Paradise. The only available land of the size we would need in the city centre is the old wholesale markets site. But it's not going to happen.

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #44 on: March 03, 2021, 05:40:58 PM »
As much as it is a badge of honour, I would prefer us to miss out rather than turn Villa Park into another Eithad.  I love our ground everything about it apart from the names of two of the stands.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal