collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Sheffield United v Aston Villa - 03.03.21 6pm. Pre-Match Thread.  (Read 10262 times)

Online Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
Re: Sheffield United v Aston Villa - 03.03.21 6pm. Pre-Match Thread.
« Reply #75 on: March 03, 2021, 10:50:22 AM »
McGinnin.

Offline dicedlam

• GM : 11.08.2024
« Reply #76 on: March 03, 2021, 10:56:35 AM »
I would go with

Martinez

Targett
Mings
Konsa
Elmo

Nakamba
Sanson
Ramsey

El Ghazi
Watkins
Traore

Rest McGinn so he can be fit for Saturday.
Don’t think I’d drop McGinn for this one, not sure Sanson is ready for a full PL match yet. Otherwise agree with this

I'm not sure I understand the line ''not sure Sanson is ready for a full PL match yet'' He played 12 Ligue 1 and 6 Champions League games before we signed him in January and seems a 'box to box' type of player with the energy to match.
I'm pretty sure we would have thrown him in straight away if we had been at the other end of the table?
From what I have seen of him, I think he is very much in the same mold as McGinn in style of play, so I would give him a start tonight and give John a well-deserved rest.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #77 on: March 03, 2021, 11:12:55 AM »
I would go with

Martinez

Targett
Mings
Konsa
Elmo

Nakamba
Sanson
Ramsey

El Ghazi
Watkins
Traore

Don’t think I’d drop McGinn for this one, not sure Sanson is ready for a full PL match yet. Otherwise agree with this

I'm not sure I understand the line ''not sure Sanson is ready for a full PL match yet'' He played 12 Ligue 1 and 6 Champions League games before we signed him in January and seems a 'box to box' type of player with the energy to match.
I'm pretty sure we would have thrown him in straight away if we had been at the other end of the table?
From what I have seen of him, I think he is very much in the same mold as McGinn in style of play, so I would give him a start tonight and give John a well-deserved rest.

agree with all of this

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #78 on: March 03, 2021, 11:17:36 AM »
McGinn has played well the last two games and I just think with Real Dingleona on Saturday it might be wise to swap him out for a Champions League standard player so he doesn't play 3 games in a week. Then we can bring McGinn back in for Ramsey and the midfield stays fresh.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #79 on: March 03, 2021, 11:45:12 AM »
I would go with

Martinez

Targett
Mings
Konsa
Elmo

Nakamba
Sanson
Ramsey

El Ghazi
Watkins
Traore

its absolutely ridiculous he was right up to speed fitness wise, probably not as match fit now
Lingard hadn't played a game all season and Moyes threw him in and he's never looked back

we started last season with Taylor and Elmo as the full backs for about 6 games before he gave Target and Guilbert a chance
if he wasn't so cautious at the start i think we may have had a couple more points on the board and wouldn't have had to rely on others to stay up
just my view obvs

if Smith doesn't think he's good enough or doesn't trust him yet that's fair enough
but all this gently gently stuff, a few minutes here and there is typical old fashioned British managers crap same as only making subs on 65-70 mins
we've got to be more progressive than that if we want to break into the top 6

Offline somec

• GM : 01.08.2020
« Reply #80 on: March 03, 2021, 11:49:14 AM »
I reckon we'll absolutely batter these mugs, 4-0. They looked gone last night, their heart isn't in it any more, can see them getting some humpings between now and the end of the season.

And I for one won't be shedding my snowflake, leftie tears for Chris.

Genuine question, what is this in reference to?

Did Wilder have a go at lefties and snowflakes?
The quote I heard was "I don't listen to lefties and do gooders" It that's true I'm diametrically opposed to his political views. However I think politics should be kept out of football and I've always thought he sounds a decent bloke. He also speaks very highly of our beloved club so I'll let him off this time.

I always thought highly of him until I saw those comments, but now I've heard what he said earlier about the club, manager and Jack I've changed again, largely because I'm a fickle, shallow bastard.

Cheers both.

His comments about Villa are 100% Spot on!

We should win tonight, but since this is Villa we are talking about it is never that simple is it?!

Offline Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 14.03.2024

Offline markeeeebeeee2005

« Reply #82 on: March 03, 2021, 12:30:19 PM »
I reckon we'll absolutely batter these mugs, 4-0. They looked gone last night, their heart isn't in it any more, can see them getting some humpings between now and the end of the season.

And I for one won't be shedding my snowflake, leftie tears for Chris.

Genuine question, what is this in reference to?

Did Wilder have a go at lefties and snowflakes?
The quote I heard was "I don't listen to lefties and do gooders" It that's true I'm diametrically opposed to his political views. However I think politics should be kept out of football and I've always thought he sounds a decent bloke. He also speaks very highly of our beloved club so I'll let him off this time.

He should keep his political views out of football, but as he’s shared them I think it completely fair to hope that we give him and his pretty awful team an absolute shoeing.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2021, 12:33:24 PM by markeeeebeeee2005 »

Offline Meanwood Villa

• GM : PCM
« Reply #83 on: March 03, 2021, 12:49:12 PM »
Anyone who uses lefties as an insult can fuck off. Right wing tosspots.

Offline Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #84 on: March 03, 2021, 01:48:37 PM »
Cheers both.

His comments about Villa are 100% Spot on!

We should win tonight, but since this is Villa we are talking about it is never that simple is it?!

Agreed, his comments are 100% spot on.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #85 on: March 03, 2021, 01:52:01 PM »
Regardless of what he might think about Jack Grealish, a bigot is still a bigot.

Offline nigel

« Reply #86 on: March 03, 2021, 01:57:19 PM »
This will be no push over.
Once again a rivalry has been established, for them, out of thin air. Well, out of Hawkeye.

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #87 on: March 03, 2021, 02:24:21 PM »
There are a few who bring it up re the goal-line crap until I put them back in their box regarding other goals that were given/not given. Anyway, they've all got the tail between their legs this season.

Wilder, it appears, is getting ready to go. He's made comments about not having much money, not having had promises kept that were made by the owner, and moaned about sharing pitches with the Academy and U23 squad.

Apparently though, he's a nice bloke, a colleague is close friends with him.

Offline clash city rocker

« Reply #88 on: March 03, 2021, 02:49:27 PM »
Just win Villa. Not bothered if it's good, bad , ugly. Just win. Oh and if Mings could score first as my mate has backed him at 40/1.

Offline mike

« Reply #89 on: March 03, 2021, 03:03:30 PM »
This has banana skin written all over it.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal