collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Dirty Whites 0 - 1 Mighty Villa  (Read 21487 times)

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
Re: Dirty Whites 0 - 1 Mighty Villa
« Reply #330 on: March 01, 2021, 12:35:23 PM »
Having lived in and around the area from the age of 9 for about 20 years, Leeds were the local rival team to detest for me. Always have and they really do have ideas above their station. Them winning the league was gut-wrenching. Then we had their reject manager.

Now they are feted as being the best thing since sliced bread, and involved in more goals than any other team (43 for and now 44 against) a minus goal difference is surely nothing to be revered for?! Everyone's second favourite team my arse. I'm sure if you asked most fans they wouldn't even be close. I like watching them when there are goals involved, only in the against column. Couldn't have been happier with the result on Saturday. They're a disgrace of a club.

Offline lovejoy

« Reply #331 on: March 01, 2021, 12:55:53 PM »
I don't think they've ever got over the offside goal by Jeff Astle.

Just watched the 9 minutes highlights on YouTube. Amazing what they got away with. Swinging arms, fans and police on the pitch, Revie on the pitch, objects hitting the linesman.
What scum.

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #332 on: March 01, 2021, 01:31:51 PM »
Don’t forget this is the club who’s fans thought it would be a good idea to remind the Bradford fans of the disaster that was still fresh in their minds from the season before by setting fire to a chip van and then invading the pitch and Bradfords supporters stand to assault anyone in sight.  Absolute scum of the earth club and fan base.

Offline Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #333 on: March 01, 2021, 01:31:56 PM »
If you are going to shithouse, don't complain if the opposition shithouse too.

I think we've become much more streetwise in the last 12 months, we know how to buy free kicks in tenuous circumstances, how to waste time to see out a game and how to rub people up the wrong way.

Now I'm certainly not happy that cheating and diving is rewarded at all but we can choose to stand as paragons of virtue while the likes of Salah, Bamford et el are excused at every turn and we will lose out, or we get wise and compete. We've levelled the playing field of our own volition and good for us.

It's part of the modern game I hate, alongside VAR and the gargantuan hypocrisy of almost every manager, the Newton Heath penalty bleating a prime example. But until it is addressed I'd rather we yanked eveyone's chain 'cos they won't give it a second thought about doing it to us.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #334 on: March 01, 2021, 01:34:50 PM »

Just watched the 9 minutes highlights on YouTube. Amazing what they got away with. Swinging arms, fans and police on the pitch, Revie on the pitch, objects hitting the linesman.
What scum.

Just a bunch of thin-skinned bullys. It's the sweetest win of the season by miles.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #335 on: March 01, 2021, 01:43:51 PM »

I think we've become much more streetwise in the last 12 months, we know how to buy free kicks in tenuous circumstances, how to waste time to see out a game and how to rub people up the wrong way.

Now I'm certainly not happy that cheating and diving is rewarded at all but we can choose to stand as paragons of virtue while the likes of Salah, Bamford et el are excused at every turn and we will lose out, or we get wise and compete. We've levelled the playing field of our own volition and good for us.

It's part of the modern game I hate, alongside VAR and the gargantuan hypocrisy of almost every manager, the Newton Heath penalty bleating a prime example. But until it is addressed I'd rather we yanked eveyone's chain 'cos they won't give it a second thought about doing it to us.

Whenever other clubs moan about us I'm reminded of Sir Graham talking about Watford: "Nobody said anything when we were in division three. Nobody said much when we got promoted to division one. They only starting complaining about us when we started beating Liverpool and Manchester United."
« Last Edit: March 01, 2021, 01:47:37 PM by dave.woodhall »

Offline The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #336 on: March 01, 2021, 02:00:43 PM »

Spot on. I couldn't agree more.

Online Drummond

« Reply #337 on: March 01, 2021, 04:30:14 PM »

What scum.

Just a bunch of thin-skinned bullys. It's the sweetest win of the season by miles.

That and Liverpool. My two least favourite clubs by far.

Online Drummond

« Reply #338 on: March 01, 2021, 04:31:28 PM »
Can we have this back on Heroes Discussion until the next match please?

Online Drummond

« Reply #339 on: March 01, 2021, 10:40:15 PM »
Ah well. Just to say there's a TikTok video of Llorente rolling around prior to the miracle and it's got 335k likes already!

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #340 on: March 01, 2021, 10:45:09 PM »
Can we have this back on Heroes Discussion until the next match please?

That should be the way these threads work i reckon.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal