collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

All aboard the shuttle bus. by dave.woodhall
[Today at 12:23:44 PM]

Gordon Cowans by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 12:19:57 PM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by ChicagoLion
[Today at 12:19:45 PM]

Champions League Contention by AV82EC
[Today at 12:09:23 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by pablo_picasso
[Today at 12:05:29 PM]

Villa Park Redevelopment by Clampy
[Today at 11:52:46 AM]

FFP by thick_mike
[Today at 10:19:47 AM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Ian.
[Today at 10:01:07 AM]

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Leeds United vs Aston Villa Pre-Match thread - Sat, Feb 27th - 5.30pm  (Read 11895 times)

Offline JuanMartinez

Re: Leeds United vs Aston Villa Pre-Match thread - Sat, Feb 27th - 5.30pm
« Reply #90 on: February 26, 2021, 06:00:14 PM »
1-1

Dougie with a Norwich esque curler.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #91 on: February 26, 2021, 06:20:12 PM »
Judging by the pre match press conference, Smith is more than happy with Barkley's effort

"It's certainly not for the want of trying. If he would have stayed on the pitch last week he would have covered the most distance out of any player from Leicester and Aston Villa, so he's certainly putting the hard yards in."

Maybe we've got it all wrong? Or maybe he's just jogging around the pitch to get his 'stats' up?

I could run ten miles in 90 minutes if you asked me to. That's a whole lot different to doing anything useful to win a football match though.

Online CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #92 on: February 26, 2021, 06:36:16 PM »
Judging by the pre match press conference, Smith is more than happy with Barkley's effort

"It's certainly not for the want of trying. If he would have stayed on the pitch last week he would have covered the most distance out of any player from Leicester and Aston Villa, so he's certainly putting the hard yards in."

Maybe we've got it all wrong? Or maybe he's just jogging around the pitch to get his 'stats' up?

I could run ten miles in 90 minutes if you asked me to. That's a whole lot different to doing anything useful to win a football match though.

For me, tomorrow is a game that Barkley starts on the bench, but by the sound of that press conference, he’ll be starting.

With their incessant pace, we can’t afford to carry passengers tomorrow.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #93 on: February 26, 2021, 07:05:19 PM »

I know managers often use the media to speak to or gee up players but Smith is coming across a bit deferential when it comes to Barkley. It's getting a bit embarrassing.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #94 on: February 26, 2021, 07:05:24 PM »
I’d pack the midfield with Doug, McGinn, Sanson and Ramsey.
And give Bert a free pass to do what he wants.   
So would I but it doesn't seem likely. Smith's a stubborn bugger, and it will not serve us well.

Offline RamboandBruno

« Reply #95 on: February 26, 2021, 07:05:52 PM »

I’d be really surprised if he starts. Not sure what the managers supposed to say in the press conference though?

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #96 on: February 26, 2021, 07:07:27 PM »

I know managers often use the media to speak to or gee up players but Smith is coming across a bit deferential when it comes to Barkley. It's getting a bit embarrassing.

Especially after two very public displays of petulance from Barkley. It's starting to make Smith look quite weak.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #97 on: February 26, 2021, 07:07:50 PM »
I'm still a little shocked that the title of this thread has not been amended to reflect the full nature of our oppo: "Dirty Leeds" is the correct monicker for this one-club-city with a 8 year history known as 'Revie time'.

Online Skerra

« Reply #98 on: February 26, 2021, 07:19:10 PM »
I think these sort of comments from Dean really let’s him down. We can all see that Barkley has done the square root of FA in his last few matches. So for Dean to come out praising Barkley for his efforts is just mind boggling. I certainly wouldn’t pay anything like £10 million for him never mind £40 million. Let’s just do a straight swop, with Chelsea, Abraham for Barkley...job done!!

Offline levico

« Reply #99 on: February 26, 2021, 07:35:35 PM »
We’re becoming a bit more predictable these days, as is Deano.

Leeds by three.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #100 on: February 26, 2021, 07:43:12 PM »
Speaking of predictable. You must have read Goldie's latest offering and thought hold my pint.

Offline VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #101 on: February 26, 2021, 07:56:36 PM »
I’d pack the midfield with Doug, McGinn, Sanson and Ramsey.
And give Bert a free pass to do what he wants.   
So would I but it doesn't seem likely. Smith's a stubborn bugger, and it will not serve us well.

Ditto ,  I don’t think Leeds are all that lots of energy, but the give it away and leave gaps

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #102 on: February 26, 2021, 08:44:21 PM »

Especially after two very public displays of petulance from Barkley. It's starting to make Smith look quite weak.
it’s getting a bit Mason Gareth.

Offline TelfordVilla

« Reply #103 on: February 26, 2021, 09:13:12 PM »
If that useless lump Barkley starts, leeds by 5 nil.

Offline JuanMartinez

« Reply #104 on: February 26, 2021, 09:18:47 PM »
We will not lose this, simples.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal