collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Villa website  (Read 2289 times)

Offline amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
Villa website
« on: February 23, 2021, 11:21:45 AM »
I’m in a meeting this evening about the website & how you now only need to sign in once, not separately for different components like tickets & AVTV like you used to. (One sign)

If you haven’t already done it, can you check out how easy this is ( to register & to use) and give me any comments so I can feedback any teething issues at the user end.

I am not very techy & managed it fine, but comments will be welcomed from the full range of IT experts to luddites.

Thanks

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
Re: Villa website
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2021, 11:34:53 AM »
It's easy enough I suppose. I've clicked through to the ticket and shop sections (which have opened new tabs etc). I just don't really use it as it still feels a bit clunky and dumbed down.

I'll use it when we can buy tickets again, and occasionally for the shop (but even that isn't as good as Kitbag which effectively is an official outlet anyway).

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2021, 11:47:37 AM »
Villa TV is a pretty polished offering with decent content. However, maybe it's just me, but every video automatically starts muted. It's really strange and a little annoying having to put the sound on each and every time.

Online GordonCowansisthegreatest

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2021, 11:48:50 AM »
 Hi Amfy good of you to ask.
I always find that it is always the last place to find interviews/pressers etc. I don't use Facebook or twatter so usually find only partial printed excerpts from the latest info till a day or so later!

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2021, 11:49:51 AM »
Villa TV is a pretty polished offering with decent content. However, maybe it's just me, but every video automatically starts muted. It's really strange and a little annoying having to put the sound on each and every time.
Same for me.

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2021, 11:51:16 AM »
Also some of the match highlights interviews etc on the home page will not expand to full screen!

Offline colin69

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2021, 11:53:58 AM »
Just logged in for the first time in ages on my phone and it does seem a bit better, although when I clicked on shop it did ask me to sign in again, so I tried it a second time and the the shop page opened up ok. Finally linked my fan ID so I  just hope that when we can buy tickets again it will all work ok with the 6 voucher codes I received for the remaining games from my last season ticket.
Did let me log in with my fingerprint which I like.

Online Meanwood Villa

• GM : PCM
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2021, 11:58:57 AM »
Works well for me. I had forgotten my digital account password which I guess I can't blame the club for. Linking to my fan ID was straightforward and I can get to Villa TV/ticketing etc easily.

Offline rjp

• aka Rob
  • GM : 07.05.2024
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2021, 12:48:58 PM »
Thanks Amfy.

Single sign on is an improvement.  The main site, AVTV and the shop still makes me feel like I'm browsing 3 separate websites though.

My girlfriend bought a top from the online shop but the size is wrong so she tried to return it.  The link on avfc.co.uk takes you to a 3rd party website "https://astonvilla.intelligentreturns.net/main/landing".  That asks you to enter your order number which she did and it comes back "order not found".  She then tried to use the online chat to get some help but it's constantly "sorry we're too busy right now".

Online Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2021, 12:55:21 PM »
It's easy enough I suppose. I just don't really use it as it still feels a bit clunky and dumbed down.

This is how I find it as well.

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2021, 02:18:52 PM »
I’m in a meeting this evening about the website & how you now only need to sign in once, not separately for different components like tickets & AVTV like you used to. (One sign)

If you haven’t already done it, can you check out how easy this is ( to register & to use) and give me any comments so I can feedback any teething issues at the user end.

I am not very techy & managed it fine, but comments will be welcomed from the full range of IT experts to luddites.

Thanks

You've hit the issue - too many sign ins.

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2021, 04:04:21 PM »
Hi amfy I have set up digital sign in and like the fact that I can access all sites from one page however I found linking my fan ID a bit tricky. Clicking on the most obvious button sends you into a loop and it's not actually till you click on the ST card  that FAN ID window appears. This could more be more clear and obvious to steal a VAR phrase. Other than that it's good.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2021, 04:49:55 PM »
I cant even log in, I try to hit change password and it goes down.

Offline amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2021, 05:26:16 PM »
Thanks for the responses - it gives me something to contribute to a meeting that I probably won’t understand most of!

Offline frankmosswasmyuncle

• GM : 05.09.2024
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2021, 06:16:44 PM »
All okay here! Signed in and all seem to be linked.
Easy peasy.
But the mute thing at the start of every video is annoying and doesn't make sense.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal