collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Burnley vs Aston Villa Post-Match Thread  (Read 19127 times)

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
Re: Burnley vs Aston Villa Post-Match Thread
« Reply #105 on: January 27, 2021, 08:47:16 PM »
Being philosophical for a minute, we're light years ahead of where I thought we'd be this season and   playing some scintillating stuff.  It really is lovely to watch.

We're still making some of the basic errors that almost got us relegated last year but it's a learning curve and I think we maybe need to be a bit patient before we're ready for a consistent tilt at the top6. 

The trouble is, every time there's a weird year where one or two other clubs look like they might break through, the next season sees the "Big 6" sort themselves out and then it's the status quo again for three or four years. We might not have a better chance to break into the top 6 again for a while, and I'd hate if we threw it away because of self-inflicted mistakes like some of the defeats this season.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #106 on: January 27, 2021, 08:49:02 PM »
We have the funds to keep progressing though
 We're better this year not because everybody is dire, but because we're much better.

We've signed a Champions League midfielder, we'll like as not do the same in July/August again. Good chance of Europe League.

Offline Astnor

« Reply #107 on: January 27, 2021, 08:50:08 PM »
All in all they where better than us, hard to deny that IMO. Stll we are on the up and are often lovley to watch and we are a good mid table team with and xiting future. I m ok with that taking last ten years into consideration. And we did outplay Newcastle last week :).

I'll deny it. They're god-awful crap, and if football had to rely on their typical fare to survive as a spectator sport, it'd die on its arse. Better than us. Fucking heard everything now.
They did win the game. We coudnt defend our leads. We coudnt come back in the end. They did beat Liverpool at Anfield - first team in years, with the same style of play.

Offline rougegorge

« Reply #108 on: January 27, 2021, 08:51:23 PM »
I don't get why we don't leave at least one player on the line at corners especially when we have shown ourselves to be susceptible from zonal marking. It's not as if we are leaving a man up field. However we are not alone I know, even Sheffield Utd have scored from one against Man U.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #109 on: January 27, 2021, 08:53:40 PM »
All in all they where better than us, hard to deny that IMO. Stll we are on the up and are often lovley to watch and we are a good mid table team with and xiting future. I m ok with that taking last ten years into consideration. And we did outplay Newcastle last week :).

I'll deny it. They're god-awful crap, and if football had to rely on their typical fare to survive as a spectator sport, it'd die on its arse. Better than us. Fucking heard everything now.
They did win the game. We coudnt defend our leads. We coudnt come back in the end. They did beat Liverpool at Anfield - first team in years, with the same style of play.

And if you can explain how, for your next trick, explain cold fusion.

They were shit at Liverpool and absolutely wank over 180 minutes against us. Conceding 46 shots. They have no recognisable play beyond long ball bollocks and prey for a corner. Their defending consists of thank fuck for Pope. They are fucking shit. The day those ugly bastards disappear down the plug hole not one person will be sad out the other 19 to see them go.

I'd stick to explaining Cold Fusion.

Offline Tallyski

• Appreciate one another, love even greater!
« Reply #110 on: January 27, 2021, 08:54:54 PM »
Smith was outdone at halftime. They realized they weren't going to play through us, so they decided to lump it long and turn the defenders around. It worked well for them, and we didn't adapt. Luis was too far away from Mings and Ezro, and they were picking up the knockdowns.

Mings had a pretty poor game and was at fault in the build-up of at least two of the goals.

Smith needs to learn from this result and adapt a bit quicker. Dyche has been around for a while and did him tonight.

Online AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #111 on: January 27, 2021, 08:56:11 PM »
Disappointing. This is where Smith earns his corn. If comments on here about Luiz, McGinn and Barkley are correct then Sanson hasn't arrived a moment too soon.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #112 on: January 27, 2021, 08:57:29 PM »
I don't get why we don't leave at least one player on the line at corners especially when we have shown ourselves to be susceptible from zonal marking. It's not as if we are leaving a man up field. However we are not alone I know, even Sheffield Utd have scored from one against Man U.

Yeah bad call, would've kept the first one out if we'd have someone on far post. Needs looking at for next season as we have massive issues depending crosses v them so you'd think we'd do all we could to limit danger from set pieces.

Offline manic-road

« Reply #113 on: January 27, 2021, 08:59:02 PM »
We played some sublime football at times tonight and should have been out of sight at half time, gutted they won but thank fuck I don't watch a team every week that lumps it high and long hoping for flick ons and second balls.

Defended poorly tonight but we will play worse than that and win this season.

Offline Astnor

« Reply #114 on: January 27, 2021, 08:59:14 PM »

And if you can explain how, for your next trick, explain cold fusion.

They were shit at Liverpool and absolutely wank over 180 minutes against us. Conceding 46 shots. They have no recognisable play beyond long ball bollocks and prey for a corner. Their defending consists of thank fuck for Pope. They are fucking shit. The day those ugly bastards disappear down the plug hole not one person will be sad out the other 19 to see them go.

I'd stick to explaining Cold Fusion.
Dont know anything about cold fusion, sorry. I m posting my wiespoints and perspctives here as I m supposed to and I will stick to that. I m disapointed though and that probl color my opinions some but so what

Online The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #115 on: January 27, 2021, 09:00:57 PM »

I did a double take there. Burnley were better than us? No they're not. They're really not. They are a shithouse team with shithouse tactics and a shithouse manager. If you're saying they were better than us tonight because of the result then I strongly disagree. They were their usual thuggish selfs who fluked a goal and it was so so close to it being a battering for them. They have zero ambition just a desire to muscle their way to survival year after year. There is not one single way in which Burnley are better than us. They even stole our colours.

Offline PhilVill

• Centre Right, but nice with it 😉😙
« Reply #116 on: January 27, 2021, 09:01:30 PM »
We are now a good side but need to be ruthless and we aren't. I'm going to say it but we need to get ready for life post Jack as he off after this season. Barkley is cack and we should not buy him. We are two years off being a hell of a good top six side, but need to make ruthless decisions player wise and Mings is not a great player. Need players who are ruthless, if so we would have destroyed Burnley tonight but lost.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #117 on: January 27, 2021, 09:01:49 PM »
Will he even drop anyone for Sanson? Like someone else said automatically puts McGinn back in and drops Nakamba who does nothing wrong and is probably a bit tougher in midfield.

Online Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #118 on: January 27, 2021, 09:02:17 PM »

Yeah bad call, would've kept the first one out if we'd have someone on far post. Needs looking at for next season as we have massive issues depending crosses v them so you'd think we'd do all we could to limit danger from set pieces.

The first one was easily prevented by Luiz and Barkley doing the job I assume they were detailed with, blocking the runs of their centre-halves. As opposed to the ball watching they actually did.

Offline clash city rocker

« Reply #119 on: January 27, 2021, 09:03:12 PM »
Shithouse of a team got 3 points tonight and we got nil. That's all the league table understands.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal