collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

All aboard the shuttle bus. by VillaTim
[Today at 12:20:12 PM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Toronto Villa
[Today at 12:01:31 PM]

Aston Villa in the FA Cup (cont) by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 11:58:30 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 11:25:52 AM]

FFP by FatSam
[Today at 11:23:15 AM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by curiousorange
[Today at 11:19:49 AM]

Brian Evans by Dr Butler
[Today at 10:50:21 AM]

Aston Villa Women 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:35:30 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Burnley vs Aston Villa Post-Match Thread  (Read 18869 times)

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
Re: Burnley vs Aston Villa Post-Match Thread
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2021, 08:18:47 PM »
We are an inch away from being the real deal (as in top 4), with our only flaw being that we don't kill games off when massively on top.  I don't know how we do that without replacing a centre forward who I really like with a centre forward who will cost £100 million.  We are missing a striker in the class of Salah, Aguero or Kane.  We are that close. 

Burnley.  The Stoke of today who will eventually find their level again. 

Offline Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2021, 08:18:59 PM »
How long do you have to spend in the Premier League before you think maybe it's time to stop playing like all you'll ever be doing is clinging on? Asking for a gravelly voiced friend...

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2021, 08:19:01 PM »
We need another 11 points to be certain of staying up.

Offline villadelph

• @villadelph
« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2021, 08:19:05 PM »
It baffles me how that approach to football can be "successful" in a league like this. It's not like they're even building a firm foundation and seeking to improve with a 2-year plan. They're just a stubborn, shithouse club that employs dinosaurs. Its a shame their tactics yield results, because quite frankly its League 1 crap.

That said, we should be ashamed and embarrassed. We could have and should have put 5 in the bag tonight. There's no excuse for letting a club like Burnley score 3 goals, its hard to believe we have so many clean sheets after tonight's lackluster performance.

I think we should mix it up for Southampton.. I wasn't impressed with Barkley, Traore still needs to discover the importance his role defensively and Mings really needs to have a good look at himself.

This one hurts - and I hope its a wake up call.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2021, 08:19:22 PM »
Enough is enough, Mings costs us, Hause is far better, never loses a header and doesn't fuck about. If we want to genuinely progress he cannot be anywhere near the side now. Sorry Mings fans. All this shite about distribution is just that, he fires it 50 years down the line, any clown can do that. I am furious we lost that, City showed last night how you put clowns to the sword and we lost, miles off.

No Hause is nowhere near as good. You’ve completely dismissed all the good things he’s done. On the match thread you criticized him for giving up a corner FFS. That’s part of the game. He has made errors but he’s done a load of great things too. That’s why before tonight we had one the top defences in the league. He’s been a big part of that.

Online Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2021, 08:19:26 PM »
Buggered that one up somewhat.

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2021, 08:19:34 PM »
Traore needs to help Cash more.
Martinez was poor - which isn't like him.
Mings and Konsa need to toughen up - they were way too soft with balls into the box.

Offline Meanwood Villa

• GM : PCM
« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2021, 08:20:18 PM »
Very disappointed. Unlike us to lose from that position.

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2021, 08:20:36 PM »
On the plus side:

We wanted Dyche after Di Matteo got potted and apparently we were interested again when Smudger was under pressure last year.

Imagine having to watch that game in game out.

We've had some pretty duff teams over the years. But if it ain't a set piece, a big boof upfield or defensive mistake, Burnleh fans don't see goals. That's no life.

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #39 on: January 27, 2021, 08:20:36 PM »
It’s nothing like last season

We were losing last season because we were poor we are losing this season when we are the best team on the pitch by Miles
That’s a different set of circumstances to negotiate

Reacting in the last eight minutes and making your subs a bit late in the day
We are good but we’re not that good we should be never losing that game to Burnley

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2021, 08:20:41 PM »
hard to be overly critical as we're on track for a miles better season

Offline Hairbandinho

« Reply #41 on: January 27, 2021, 08:21:59 PM »
11 points out of the last 30. Not great!

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #42 on: January 27, 2021, 08:21:59 PM »
It baffles me how that approach to football can be "successful" in a league like this. It's not like they're even building a firm foundation and seeking to improve with a 2-year plan. They're just a stubborn, shithouse club that employs dinosaurs. Its a shame their tactics yield results, because quite frankly its League 1 crap.

That said, we should be ashamed and embarrassed. We could have and should have put 5 in the bag tonight. There's no excuse for letting a club like Burnley score 3 goals, its hard to believe we have so many clean sheets after tonight's lackluster performance.

I think we should mix it up for Southampton.. I wasn't impressed with Barkley, Traore still needs to discover the importance his role defensively and Mings really needs to have a good look at himself.

Their football is shite. Game after game they rely on Pope to save them. They're fucking shocking.

Online Toronto Villa

« Reply #43 on: January 27, 2021, 08:22:06 PM »
Buggered that one up somewhat.

I knew we were screwed when the commentator said in the 9 games they’ve conceded the first they’d lost.

Online Toronto Villa

« Reply #44 on: January 27, 2021, 08:22:57 PM »

Their football is shite. Game after game they rely on Pope to save them. They're fucking shocking.

I simply do not understand how Pope is being that clown Pickford in goal for England. Pope is the only reason we didn’t score 20 goals in the two games against them.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal