collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Unai Emery - our manager by adrenachrome
[Today at 02:23:42 AM]

FFP by adrenachrome
[Today at 02:10:34 AM]

International Rugby by dcdavecollett
[Today at 01:12:03 AM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by DeKuip
[Today at 12:01:20 AM]

West Ham v Aston Villa post match by Pat McMahon
[March 18, 2024, 11:47:36 PM]

Games Moved for TV by Percy McCarthy
[March 18, 2024, 11:00:20 PM]

Press-ing on by Archbishop Herbert Cockthrottle
[March 18, 2024, 10:48:26 PM]

Luton A by purpletrousers
[March 18, 2024, 10:24:29 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by adrenachrome
[Today at 02:23:42 AM]

Re: FFP by adrenachrome
[Today at 02:10:34 AM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by dcdavecollett
[Today at 01:38:48 AM]

Re: International Rugby by dcdavecollett
[Today at 01:12:03 AM]

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by DeKuip
[Today at 12:01:20 AM]

Re: West Ham v Aston Villa post match by Pat McMahon
[March 18, 2024, 11:47:36 PM]

Re: West Ham v Aston Villa post match by olaftab
[March 18, 2024, 11:36:32 PM]

Re: West Ham v Aston Villa post match by olaftab
[March 18, 2024, 11:27:08 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Burnley v Aston Villa pre-match thread - Wednesday, January 27th, 6pm  (Read 11859 times)

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
Re: Burnley vs Aston Villa pre match thread - Wednesday, Jan 27th - 6pm
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2021, 12:16:12 PM »
I'm all for blaming Burnley for being dirty pricks and the unnecessary jumping scissor on Wes from Mee... but didn't Heaton jump/fall awkwardly?
Yes, but don't let the facts get in the way of a good lynching!

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2021, 12:27:19 PM »
Berties on fire . ross should be more match fit , more of our players coming into form . Targett and Konsa looking like 30 million pound players and Ollie will have his confidence back..    Oh did I forget our captain too.

Yes they beat Liverpoo but we are better than Liverpoo at the moment 0-2 . . 

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2021, 12:33:00 PM »
Some lovely people in Burnley. A place that voted 2/3rds leave, a place where any UKIP/BNP chancer can count their votes in thousands not hundreds. Over the years I've gone to watch the Villa in some right shit hole towns, but Burnley takes the prize for ticking the most boxes for shit hole place with shit house people. From 1974 and an FA Cup defeat when it was run like a totalitarian regime by the anti-semite Bob Lord to a 2004 DOL surrender in the league cup it's always been shit in Burnley. Generally speaking I've always preferred away days north rather than south but in the case of this bunch of kit stealing oiks I'll make an exception. The foods shit and the pubs are dire if you make it out of them alive. If we ever get back to being able to watch football live it wont be on my list for a re-visit. John Cooper Clarke was right. l'll tell you now and I'll tell you firmly, I don't ever want to go to Burnley !

UTV and FTF. 3 points any way you like.

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2021, 12:53:37 PM »
Some lovely people in Burnley. A place that voted 2/3rds leave, a place where any UKIP/BNP chancer can count their votes in thousands not hundreds. Over the years I've gone to watch the Villa in some right shit hole towns, but Burnley takes the prize for ticking the most boxes for shit hole place with shit house people. From 1974 and an FA Cup defeat when it was run like a totalitarian regime by the anti-semite Bob Lord to a 2004 DOL surrender in the league cup it's always been shit in Burnley. Generally speaking I've always preferred away days north rather than south but in the case of this bunch of kit stealing oiks I'll make an exception. The foods shit and the pubs are dire if you make it out of them alive. If we ever get back to being able to watch football live it wont be on my list for a re-visit. John Cooper Clarke was right. l'll tell you now and I'll tell you firmly, I don't ever want to go to Burnley !

John Cooper Clarke was the first person to congratulate me on getting engaged to Mrs SE. Long story!

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2021, 01:09:56 PM »

Sort of Ironic as you have taken the of one of its most famous Sons. He was not born there but did retire there and as far as I know stilll lives there.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2021, 01:12:43 PM by ChicagoLion »

Offline steamer

« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2021, 01:15:59 PM »
I went to that cup game in 74, I think it was Rioch,s last game.
My abiding memory was being stuck in a traffic  jam for what seemed like hours to get out of town.
We must have been what passed for entertainment, as I can picture doorstep after doorstep filled with gormless looking locals staring at us.
February, Bleak and Horrible

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2021, 01:33:31 PM »
Can't stand Burnley. A nothing club who do just enough to survive each season. Hate Ben Mee too after last years fixture. Wesley still out over a year on... a scrappy, ill tempered 2-1 win.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2021, 01:36:44 PM »
My abiding memory was being stuck in a traffic  jam for what seemed like hours to get out of town.
We must have been what passed for entertainment, as I can picture doorstep after doorstep filled with gormless looking locals staring at us.
I was at that game. I remember golf balls being thrown at the c. 7,000 Villa fans by the Burnley fans throughout the match. We lost unluckily 1-0 IIRC.

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2021, 01:39:14 PM »

Sort of Ironic as you have taken the of one of its most famous Sons. He was not born there but did retire there and as far as I know stilll lives there.

He's never lived in Burnley as far as I know. Manchester, Dorset, Chickentown, Colchester.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2021, 01:42:45 PM »

He's never lived in Burnley as far as I know. Manchester, Dorset, Chickentown, Colchester.

When I met him in about 2005 he lived there.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #40 on: January 25, 2021, 01:45:33 PM »
Win. 0-4

Watkins with a couple, Jack to dance through for his, and McGinn or Luiz to let fly from 25 yards.

Rodriguez to fluff a sitter and Mee to get his marching orders after lashing out through frustration at Watkins, Grealish and Traore running rings round him.

Offline steamer

« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2021, 01:49:05 PM »
I was at that game. I remember golf balls being thrown at the c. 7,000 Villa fans by the Burnley fans throughout the match. We lost unluckily 1-0 IIRC.
29,000 at that game. I googled their average that season was 20,000. Our neighbours from small Heath had 33,000 average

Offline clash city rocker

« Reply #42 on: January 25, 2021, 02:30:47 PM »
29,000 at that game. I googled their average that season was 20,000. Our neighbours from small Heath had 33,000 average

Small Heath 33000? Did they used to have a car boot sale on ?

Offline frank

• GM : 29.01.2025
« Reply #43 on: January 25, 2021, 02:52:54 PM »
Yes, Rioch's last game before he went to Derby. Derby were near the top of Division 1 and we were struggling in Division 2, so you can't blame Rioch for going. Burnley were also going well in Division 1 and my memory is that we gave them a good game. Fletcher scored the one goal.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #44 on: January 25, 2021, 02:54:09 PM »
I have been to Blackburn, Blackpool, Bolton, Liverpool, Everton, Manure, Citeh, Oldham, Preston and Wigan but never Burnley.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal