collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Offside  (Read 12785 times)

Offline TelfordVilla

Re: Offside
« Reply #120 on: January 26, 2021, 08:21:45 PM »
The correct response to anyone who says we only stayed up because of Hawkeye failure is kevin friend.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #121 on: January 26, 2021, 08:45:31 PM »
Don’t let the fact that even without that point we’d have stayed up in goals scored... some idiots out there.
Is this correct? Please tell me it is. I'm sick of arguing with plebs on social media about this. That would be a great weapon to bash them with.

Yep, we'd have had the same points and goal difference as Bournemouth but having scored 1 more goal (on the basis that that was the only goal in the game and every other result went unchanged).

We would have gone down
With the Sheffield Utd goal against us we would have had a gd of -27  while Bournemouth had -25

shit, yes we would sorry, I had the respective goal differences the wrong way round in my head.

Online andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #122 on: January 26, 2021, 08:47:39 PM »
The generic answer to anyone saying we are only in the league because of VAR/Hawkeye is that their team is only in a league because of Aston Villa.

Online London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #123 on: January 26, 2021, 08:53:58 PM »
Don’t let the fact that even without that point we’d have stayed up in goals scored... some idiots out there.
Is this correct? Please tell me it is. I'm sick of arguing with plebs on social media about this. That would be a great weapon to bash them with.

Yep, we'd have had the same points and goal difference as Bournemouth but having scored 1 more goal (on the basis that that was the only goal in the game and every other result went unchanged).

We would have gone down
With the Sheffield Utd goal against us we would have had a gd of -27  while Bournemouth had -25

shit, yes we would sorry, I had the respective goal differences the wrong way round in my head.

Idiot number 1 here - teach me to look at football tables while on a Zoom call

Offline stevo_st

• GM : 27.07.21
« Reply #124 on: January 26, 2021, 08:59:28 PM »
Took their time didn’t they.
Should have been corrected within 24hrs at the very most.
An apology to Villa and Dean would be nice.

Online The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #125 on: January 26, 2021, 09:04:05 PM »

We would have gone down

Idiot number 1 here - teach me to look at football tables while on a Zoom call
We can all agree though that those who bang on about us only surviving relegation because of that Hawkeye mistake are just bitter haters of the Villa. We were on the receiving end of far more wrongdoings which easily outweighed that one slice of luck that we got.

Offline pooligan

• Villa till i die
« Reply #126 on: January 26, 2021, 09:11:04 PM »
The idiot who made the wrong decision gets away unpunished  as usual  Moss and Friend are two examples of why not one single Premier referee was selected for the last world cup

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #127 on: January 26, 2021, 09:17:42 PM »
For me it's not even about the balancing out of good and bad decisions but rather the idea that a goal in 42nd minute of our 29th game would've had no impact on anything that followed.

Offline Allan C

« Reply #128 on: January 26, 2021, 09:39:19 PM »
Surprise, surprise.
They have instructed referees to interpret the offside rule now which means Rodri would have been offside.

That's what the rule was anyway. They've basically backtracked on trying to make up an excuse for an enormously shit VAR decision made by a muppet.

Precisely, there is no change to the the law, nor any change to the correct interpretation, they just referred to the wrong bit of the law to try and excuse the cock up.  BBC are still  claiming the decision was right according to the letter of the law "at the time".  Which is utter bollocks, the bit about a challenge being deemed as interfering with the opponent playing the ball was always there, and it was always offside.  I bet there still won't be any sanctions against Jon Toss.
Correct. The law hasn’t changed, the officials and pundits got the interpretation wrong. The second Rhodri moved towards the ball he was offside. Clearly gaining an advantage from being in an offside position. Simple.

Online The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #129 on: January 26, 2021, 09:52:45 PM »
Surprise, surprise.
They have instructed referees to interpret the offside rule now which means Rodri would have been offside.

That's what the rule was anyway. They've basically backtracked on trying to make up an excuse for an enormously shit VAR decision made by a muppet.

Precisely, there is no change to the the law, nor any change to the correct interpretation, they just referred to the wrong bit of the law to try and excuse the cock up.  BBC are still  claiming the decision was right according to the letter of the law "at the time".  Which is utter bollocks, the bit about a challenge being deemed as interfering with the opponent playing the ball was always there, and it was always offside.  I bet there still won't be any sanctions against Jon Toss.
Correct. The law hasn’t changed, the officials and pundits got the interpretation wrong. The second Rhodri moved towards the ball he was offside. Clearly gaining an advantage from being in an offside position. Simple.
Precisely. And any referee at any level of the game would of blown the whistle as soon as the ball was played forward and Rhodri was still yards offside. Because it was the right thing to do.

Offline TelfordVilla

« Reply #130 on: January 26, 2021, 10:02:35 PM »
Rodri hadn't committed any offence the moment the ball was played forward. He committed an offence when he challenged mings for the ball. That's when the ref should have awarded a free kick for offside.

Offline trinityoap

« Reply #131 on: January 26, 2021, 10:07:34 PM »
No doubt the delicious Robbie Savage will explain it all  to everyone's satisfaction.

Offline Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #132 on: January 26, 2021, 10:42:12 PM »
The correct response to anyone who says we only stayed up because of Hawkeye failure is kevin friend.

Or Michael Oliver who didn't give Spurs an obvious Penalty against Bournemouth which meant they also earned an underserved point. That was also the same night that Fernandes got his Penalty against us for fouling our defender. This lead to the first goal and changed that match as well.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #133 on: January 26, 2021, 10:54:27 PM »
The standard of refereeing and implementation of VAR in this country are an absolute disgrace.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #134 on: January 27, 2021, 07:14:23 AM »
So will smith have his fine refunded?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal