collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Man Citeh XIV 2 v Aston Villa 0 Post Match Thread.  (Read 16718 times)

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
Re: Man Citeh XIV 2 v Aston Villa 0 Post Match Thread.
« Reply #180 on: January 21, 2021, 12:16:24 AM »
Same as the Moss incident with the terrible penalty decision against Konsa. The VAR check took about 5 seconds. Fat, corrupt crook.

Offline pelty

« Reply #181 on: January 21, 2021, 12:16:39 AM »
This is just opening up another can of confusing worms, trying to justify shit decisions and mistakes, it's going to come back and haunt everyone and piss more and more people off when they get robbed by a top 6 wank decision themselves.

Only solution for us is to become a top 6 club! On our way!

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #182 on: January 21, 2021, 12:29:09 AM »
This is just opening up another can of confusing worms, trying to justify shit decisions and mistakes, it's going to come back and haunt everyone and piss more and more people off when they get robbed by a top 6 wank decision themselves.

Only solution for us is to become a top 6 club! On our way!

This is true. We’ll be getting all these shit decisions for us soon enough. And no doubt plenty of us will be saying it’s because we attack more (which is what all the wanky Man U fans say).

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #183 on: January 21, 2021, 12:33:15 AM »
The argument against a top 6 club getting it all is Exhibit V for fucking Vidic and how did the wanker stay on the pitch.

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #184 on: January 21, 2021, 12:36:05 AM »
The problem is it's a lot harder to break the top 6 when a lot of marginal decision are going against you. The only way is to be so good that a dodgy decision is cancelled out by scoring shedloads.

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #185 on: January 21, 2021, 12:37:32 AM »
I have no doubt they spent rest of that game looking up a rule to justify a poor decision by officials hence Walton’s post Stockley Park briefing u-turn
I reckon that's exactly what they did - oh fuck how can we bullshit our way out of that one.  Poor research by BBC and BT  not checking the laws and calling them out on it.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #186 on: January 21, 2021, 12:56:44 AM »
Just posted same in Jon Moss thread but on the motd comms Guy Mowbray said VAR check complete whilst City players still celebrating so being generous 10 seconds, they’d have never had time to watch 2/3 replays to check the decision was correct.  I have no doubt they spent rest of that game looking up a rule to justify a poor decision by officials hence Walton’s post Stockley Park briefing u-turn

Sure I heard a commentator say in a game a few weeks ago that VAR no longer checks phases of play prior to the act of scoring. Don't know if I heard that right or if it is applicable in the csee tonight, but pretty sure that is what was said.

That said, the ref and lino should have been able to make that decision on the field between them without too much hassle.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2021, 01:00:05 AM by tomd2103 »

Online Gareth

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #187 on: January 21, 2021, 01:06:27 AM »
That would be mad if it is the case - they don’t hesitate to spend 4 minutes painting lines on the screen to see if a pubic hair is offside.

It’s not going to change anything from this game but hopefully there is enough fuss to stop that farce happening again.

I really feel for Darren Bent, he’d have had another 50+ career goals if offside meant onside

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #188 on: January 21, 2021, 01:56:40 AM »
After all is said and done we didn’t score a goal and lost the match because our centre half was messing around. Idiots make errors or are simply incompetent but we need to do help ourselves.

Offline purpletrousers

• GM : 25.04.2024
« Reply #189 on: January 21, 2021, 02:45:18 AM »
Would love to know what Smith actually said. We could get t-shirts made up.

Dean Smith: “I thought they would go over to the VAR screen. I saw the incident and saw it was kicking off, so I asked the fourth officials did they get juggling balls for Christmas.”

Put a shout out on Twitter to get a graphic made up. Deano standing in the technical area while Charlie Cairoli unicycles past with some balls in the air.
Surely a special commission for villa boy Cold War Steve?

Offline Perthvillan

• GM : 25.08.2023
« Reply #190 on: January 21, 2021, 05:20:47 AM »
I'm still annoyed about the Man U dodgy penalty on NY day.
Now this.
Man City are a great team and will probably end up winning the league but if it wasn't for that non-decision we might have come away with a point.
Just reward for a great battling team performance.
I thought our defence was awesome tonight (including Mings).
We must now beat Newcastle on Saturday.

Offline dave17

« Reply #191 on: January 21, 2021, 05:59:29 AM »
Can’t we claim the cash handball was rush goalkeeper now we’ve got goalhangers?

Offline dave17

« Reply #192 on: January 21, 2021, 06:29:19 AM »
So a keeper saves the shot and it rolls to a player stood offside who scores - now a goal. So free kicks stand in front of the keeper waiting...

Completely agree. It was a change in the phase of play apart from the player who hadn’t reset. The ball was intended for him and he had an advantage. Failing that stand Watkins next to the keeper and have everyone ping shots in on sight

I think you are incorrect

If the keeper makes a save that doesn’t play the offside player onside

Is that different to what happened tonight? If a player blindsides a keeper who rolls the ball out after a catch it’s a clear change of phase, but if you parry the ball away it’s the same as Mings not having the ball under complete control and the attacker challenging him from an offside position but further from the goal.

Irrespective, it was great to see us go at them. I can’t imagine anyone fancies playing against us.

Online London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #193 on: January 21, 2021, 06:46:11 AM »
Inversley, would man city have complained if it HAD been given offside? No chance, no-one would.

Offline dave17

« Reply #194 on: January 21, 2021, 06:55:12 AM »
Inversley, would man city have complained if it HAD been given offside? No chance, no-one would.

Would it have been given in a wolves Albion game? I feel we’re in a black mirrors episode right now

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal