collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Jon Moss  (Read 14234 times)

Offline pooligan

• Villa till i die
Re: Jon Moss
« Reply #60 on: January 20, 2021, 11:57:13 PM »
God  i hate this bastard Moss  I have just learned that McGinn is now suspended for the Newcastle game  Deano is angry about it as he sid it seemed he could'nt get his card out fast enough .Hope the club put in a complaint about this tosser

Offline Gareth

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #61 on: January 21, 2021, 12:06:19 AM »
I think the motd commentary puts a different perspective on the decision-less that 10 seconds after the goal was scored Guy Mowbray said VAR had said check complete - that gave them no time to even watch a replay of the incident to check 2/3 angles on whether Mings clearly played the ball to bring Rodri into play.

I’m completely convinced that they scrabbled round to match a rule to the incident after the event than knowing they were correct to the letter.

Watching it unfold on BT & Walton’s reaction which was initially it was offside & then u-turned after final whistle, he’d clearly spoken to the PGMOL & fell into line defending his ex-colleagues.

Moss is always appalling, always miles from play guessing outcomes.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #62 on: January 21, 2021, 12:14:09 AM »
Isn't he a bit old/unfit (physically as well as professionally) to still be a top level ref ?

Offline The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #63 on: January 21, 2021, 04:59:56 AM »
Looked in on their bluemoon forum. They've convinced Jon Moss hates them. Someone called him a cheating fat prick. I guess we're all a bit paranoid that refs and officials are out to do us but after him gift wrapping them a win last night I'm baffled by their attacks on him. Oh and apparently the goal was definitely the correct decision and they're amazed that no one seems to understand the offside rules as well as them. Hats off to them for having such an encyclopedic knowledge of the offside rules. Fucking whoppers.

Offline SheffieldVillain

• GM : 18.02.2022
« Reply #64 on: January 21, 2021, 06:51:58 AM »
Thought I might sleep on it and wake with a more balanced, reasonable view of Moss and last night's decision.

Nope, still utterly disgraceful and Moss is a cheating, unfit twat who should never be allowed to referee again.

Offline stevo_st

• GM : 27.07.21
« Reply #65 on: January 21, 2021, 07:51:05 AM »
I’ve slept on it, and still convinced that jogging to close the ball down from an offside position is interfering with play.
And he was offside.

And that in 99.99% of occasions in football matches across the world, that is given offside.

Their reinterpretation of the rules sets a dangerous precedent, and undermines the game for all.

Offline Dr Butler

• GM : 10.08.2022
« Reply #66 on: January 21, 2021, 07:55:31 AM »
I think the motd commentary puts a different perspective on the decision-less that 10 seconds after the goal was scored Guy Mowbray said VAR had said check complete - that gave them no time to even watch a replay of the incident to check 2/3 angles on whether Mings clearly played the ball to bring Rodri into play.

I’m completely convinced that they scrabbled round to match a rule to the incident after the event than knowing they were correct to the letter.

Watching it unfold on BT & Walton’s reaction which was initially it was offside & then u-turned after final whistle, he’d clearly spoken to the PGMOL & fell into line defending his ex-colleagues.

Moss is always appalling, always miles from play guessing outcomes.

this is exactly how I see it Gareth.

UTV
The Doc

Offline Rudy65

« Reply #67 on: January 21, 2021, 08:34:42 AM »
How embarrassing for Walton on BT not to know the rules as a senior referee and supposed expert employed to analyse such controversial decision. He looked mighty embarrassed having to do a u turn.

Clearly offside should have been given. However, Ming’s knew he was there and should have headed or kicked it out

I wonder in the next set of games if any team will try to be clever and copy what Rodri did if the circumstances allow it

Offline Big Ming

« Reply #68 on: January 21, 2021, 08:35:37 AM »
The rule should state clearly that the player coming from an offside position must put himself in an onside position before playing the ball.

As for Moss, he's unfit in more ways than one.

Offline nick harper

• GM : Feb, 2012
« Reply #69 on: January 21, 2021, 08:42:31 AM »
How embarrassing for Walton on BT not to know the rules as a senior referee and supposed expert employed to analyse such controversial decision. He looked mighty embarrassed having to do a u turn.

Clearly offside should have been given. However, Ming’s knew he was there and should have headed or kicked it out

I wonder in the next set of games if any team will try to be clever and copy what Rodri did if the circumstances allow it

Mings did know he was there according to his tweet. He’s admitted that and that he would have just cleared it if he’d known Rodri could have challenged him from that position. He only tried to take it down because he thought Rodri had to get himself onside - which we know is really the rule.

He was desperately unlucky.

Offline TelfordVilla

« Reply #70 on: January 21, 2021, 08:44:53 AM »
the explanation they are using to justify the wrong decision is bizare. It applies to backpasses that are played and intercepted by the offside player. Rodri tackled back from an offside position which is not allowed. Totally different thing.

Online London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #71 on: January 21, 2021, 08:48:18 AM »
They could kill this by saying they got it wrong, but no, in the best example of trumpism they’ll just keep digging...

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #72 on: January 21, 2021, 08:52:24 AM »
Much of this is to do with the new rules around linesmen not flagging straight away. Had the flag gone up the minute the header back was made, then there’s no debate, he’s a mile off. It’s a farce.

Offline Clive W

« Reply #73 on: January 21, 2021, 09:00:15 AM »
Much of this is to do with the new rules around linesmen not flagging straight away. Had the flag gone up the minute the header back was made, then there’s no debate, he’s a mile off. It’s a farce.

Yes this new linesman (sorry - Assistant Referee) edict makes you wonder what is the point of having them in matches played with VAR?

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #74 on: January 21, 2021, 09:23:40 AM »
Up there with Kevin Friend for being an officious, look at me, useless, wanker of a ref.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal