collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Manchester City vs Aston Villa Match Thread  (Read 14042 times)

Offline Astnor

Re: Manchester City vs Aston Villa Match Thread
« Reply #150 on: January 20, 2021, 06:58:43 PM »
The support for Cash from Traore is not very good - again I think

Offline Edvard Remberg

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/69507054@N00/
  • GM : 17.10.2024
« Reply #151 on: January 20, 2021, 06:59:36 PM »
Jack looked under par

Offline jcsutv

« Reply #152 on: January 20, 2021, 06:59:42 PM »
Still not sure what happened when Cash and Mings kept the shot out from the headed down corner. Think I have seen it 5 times.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #153 on: January 20, 2021, 06:59:45 PM »
Excellent from Targett. Some rustiness from McGinn in transition. Barkley and Traore not switched on quite fully for different reasons in the final third. Traore with decision making and Barkely in execution.

Gifted something daft in the first minute and caught on the break just before half time, bar that we've defended well.

We have such threat on the break. Positive all things considered.

Now let's not do what we did last year at the start of the 2nd half.

Offline Smithy

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #154 on: January 20, 2021, 06:59:50 PM »
Citeh are brilliant
But paradoxically they are beatable.

All fart and no shit, as my grandad would say.  They'll dominate possession, and knock it around one-touch looking great - but they're not creating that many good chances (yet).

Blimey - mockers.

Obviously. But not meant like that.  City are as likely as anyone to be top scorers in the league.  But sometimes they can look like world-beaters with the way they play, but without being properly threatening.  Sometimes they 'click', but they haven't so far, and we have to hope they continue looking great without scoring :-)

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #155 on: January 20, 2021, 07:00:39 PM »
A really good half, City are always going to have the vast majority of the ball, that's a given, but we're doing well restricting the number of clear cut chances they're getting (which isn't many - I think 2 shots on target?). We also look dangerous on the break.  I just hope we can keep up this effort for 90 minutes given the last fortnight we've had of restricted training - it must have has 'some' effect on fitness, surely?

They've had more shots on Targett.

Offline Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #156 on: January 20, 2021, 07:00:52 PM »
Citeh have not led at half time in only 4 games so far this season. They've gone on to draw one, lost the other 3.

Just sayin'.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #157 on: January 20, 2021, 07:00:56 PM »
Too many unforced errors, we are giving the ball away all the time and asking the defence to keep bailing us out. Can not last long.

It's the first time I've properly noticed just how good City's pressing is. When they lose possession the whole side goes into a pressing frenzy for half a dozen seconds.  It makes it very difficult to get anything going yourself.  I bet their stats for regaining possession within five or six seconds of losing it are pretty good.

They've only been doing last 3 and a half years.....

Hoping they don't bring Mahrez on as he usually rips us to bits like last season at VP. Think with way they're playing Gabriel Jesus would poach one in 6 yard box so that's two obvious subs for them to make.

We were in at 0-0 last season and then conceded 20 seconds after kick off so need to be a bit sharper here as we will get some chances the longer it's 0-0.

Big unknown is how our long out intensity will hold up for given the lack of training.

Offline CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #158 on: January 20, 2021, 07:01:22 PM »
The support for Cash from Traore is not very good - again I think

When they attack down the right, Jack is right there with Targett. On the left, Traore is always a few yards forward of Cash and City keep exploiting that.

Still think we’re doing superbly considering our break, and the fact they’re bang in form.

Offline The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #159 on: January 20, 2021, 07:03:11 PM »
Citeh have not led at half time in only 4 games so far this season. They've gone on to draw one, lost the other 3.

Just sayin'.
So's Robbie Savage. He's actually been quite complimentary which is a bit of a surprise.

Offline villadelph

• @villadelph
« Reply #160 on: January 20, 2021, 07:03:24 PM »
I think we've rattled them.Pep looking stressed,one or two City players not comfortable.Let's go at them.

Pep is a proper spaz.

Offline Mellin

« Reply #161 on: January 20, 2021, 07:03:30 PM »
Good game for Trez this. Shame. I'd get Ghazi on though.

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #162 on: January 20, 2021, 07:04:29 PM »
Commentators keep banging on about fitness and us fading.
They forget how fit we are.

Offline Smithy

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #163 on: January 20, 2021, 07:05:04 PM »
Too many unforced errors, we are giving the ball away all the time and asking the defence to keep bailing us out. Can not last long.

It's the first time I've properly noticed just how good City's pressing is. When they lose possession the whole side goes into a pressing frenzy for half a dozen seconds.  It makes it very difficult to get anything going yourself.  I bet their stats for regaining possession within five or six seconds of losing it are pretty good.

They've only been doing last 3 and a half years.....

Hoping they don't bring Mahrez on as he usually rips us to bits like last season at VP. Think with way they're playing Gabriel Jesus would poach one in 6 yard box so that's two obvious subs for them to make.

We were in at 0-0 last season and then conceded 20 seconds after kick off so need to be a bit sharper here as we will get some chances the longer it's 0-0.

Big unknown is how our long out intensity will hold up for given the lack of training.

I don't really watch full premier league matches apart from our own (well, it's very rare), so I haven't seen them play 90 minutes very much at all in the last few years. I didn't watch them at all while we were in the championship. Plus highlight shows (on any channel) don't tend to show the 'boring' stuff where moves break down and sides regain possession.  It's the first time I've really paid attention to their patterns of play.  I might be nearly four years late in my assessment, but I got there in the end :-)

Offline jwarry

« Reply #164 on: January 20, 2021, 07:06:02 PM »
Why do I not like Rio Ferdinand?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal