collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Morgan Sanson - On Loan at Nice  (Read 175492 times)

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
Re: Morgan Sanson - signed
« Reply #1020 on: January 16, 2022, 09:58:01 PM »
I trying to move away from this conversation
But to address we clearly see things differently and I dislike being ridiculed for my observations because they aren't the same yet ultimately very good as well in my view
That's all

You might want to give the politics threads a miss. ;)
I'm only here for the football to be honest!
We move on.
Everyone has a point as good as each others!

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #1021 on: January 16, 2022, 10:10:57 PM »
Footy, listen to Steven Gerrard's post match interview.  He covered the whole substitute issue and the supposed petulance.  He is always very honest and I trust his word.

Do you have a link? He didn't talk about Sanson in the MOTD or VillaTV ones.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #1022 on: January 16, 2022, 10:15:56 PM »
Footy, listen to Steven Gerrard's post match interview.  He covered the whole substitute issue and the supposed petulance.  He is always very honest and I trust his word.

Steven Gerrard says Morgan Sanson assured him his reaction after being subbed was frustration at his own error, rather than the head coach's decision. "I am OK with mistakes when players are trying to do the right things. There is no issue," said Gerrard. #avfc

https://twitter.com/mjmarr_star/status/1482454992787320835?s=21

Online eamonn

« Reply #1023 on: January 16, 2022, 10:18:01 PM »
Cheers.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #1024 on: January 16, 2022, 10:18:48 PM »

It was on Sky match one mate, straight after the game, or I should say, once Keane, Redknapp and Dave Jones could be bothered to remember that there were two sides playing in the game!

Edit, TV covered it above, thanks TV.

Online eamonn

« Reply #1025 on: January 16, 2022, 10:22:27 PM »
Full context from the Express & Star (which are a tonic in their online layout and reporting compared to the pop-ups on steroids, lazy Twitter-opinions-masquerading-as-stories shite on the Brum Mail site):

The Villa boss also revealed he had spoken to Morgan Sanson after the midfielder booted a water bottle carrier following his second half substitution. Sanson was withdrawn from the action seconds after his error led to United’s second.

Gerrard said: “I asked Morgan whether the frustration was at me or himself for the error.

“He assures me it was over the error. I am OK with mistakes when players are trying to do the right things.

“We have all made mistakes through our career. I will never point a finger at a player. I would have had an issue if Morgan’s reaction was because of my decision because I think you have to respect the person replacing you on the side. He assures me it has nothing to do with that so there is no issue.”

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #1026 on: January 16, 2022, 11:39:02 PM »
Naive. That's ridiculous.  Like he's going to say anything.
Sanson won't start the next game

Isn’t there a Norwich messageboard for you somewhere? You seem happier with their result.
Yes because if we lost yesterday we all would have been happy!
Imagine if he stayed on and ings went off. We lose that game the comments on Sanson would be very different.
Just because I'm able to think and see things about players and matches that haven't been addressed and not agreed upon by a reader because they uncomfortable with truths is sometimes more than just subjective observations by them

I just ask people to try and see context and perspective just a little more sometimes as the facts :
Sanson had nothing to do with our comeback!! Fact!
We scored 2 goals and looked heaps better with him off the pitch yes or no?
And as we all know he was at fault for both goals conceded that's the bare truth.
Anyway. We don't need to go on let's all move on
And I'm pleased for Dean if that's what you mean.

Up the Villa.

We’re so lucky to have a poster with your in depth knowledge and analysis that nobody else is capable of.

Offline Nunkin1965

• This is only a problem.
« Reply #1027 on: January 17, 2022, 12:07:01 AM »
I think Emi was at fault for the first goal judging by his reaction to the equaliser!
I thought Sanson had a decent game and is an important part of the squad.

Offline Hillbilly

« Reply #1028 on: January 17, 2022, 12:59:09 AM »
I know this might be sacrilege but I think Sanson is better than McGinn. His passing is more incisive and he's less inclined to lose the ball, either through failed arse-maneouvres or over-ambition. It's probably less stressful for spectators sitting behind and around the goal as well.

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #1029 on: January 17, 2022, 02:37:57 AM »
I know this might be sacrilege but I think Sanson is better than McGinn. His passing is more incisive and he's less inclined to lose the ball, either through failed arse-maneouvres or over-ambition. It's probably less stressful for spectators sitting behind and around the goal as well.

I agree about Sanson being better than McGinn. Would like to see him get a more regular role in the team.

Offline sid1964

« Reply #1030 on: January 17, 2022, 06:55:16 AM »
Although it was a poor pass from Sanson, I thought Mings could have gone towards the loose ball and closed down their player

Offline nigel

« Reply #1031 on: January 17, 2022, 08:51:13 AM »
I think Emi was at fault for the first goal judging by his reaction to the equaliser!

No thinking involved, buddy 😂

Online Dave P

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1032 on: January 17, 2022, 09:07:51 AM »

Yeah if I was to point the finger at anyone for the first goal, it was the keeper!

Offline Didier Five

« Reply #1033 on: January 17, 2022, 09:41:06 AM »

Yeah if I was to point the finger at anyone for the first goal, it was the keeper!

My surprise is that Mings hasn't been blamed for the first goal

Offline lovejoy

« Reply #1034 on: January 17, 2022, 09:47:12 AM »
Although it was a poor pass from Sanson, I thought Mings could have gone towards the loose ball and closed down their player

I agree, whilst it is easy with hindsight, he had the opportunity to take Fred out and take a tactical yellow.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal