collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Gordon Cowans by CT Villan
[Today at 02:12:50 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 01:07:18 AM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by VillaTim
[March 28, 2024, 11:45:01 PM]

COLD BLOW LANE ... 1967 to 1975 ... Did anyone (dare to) visit the Den? by dcdavecollett
[March 28, 2024, 11:02:33 PM]

Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by Somniloquism
[March 28, 2024, 10:54:34 PM]

FFP by AV82EC
[March 28, 2024, 10:36:39 PM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by Demitri_C
[March 28, 2024, 10:29:02 PM]

GUESS THE CROWD R22: ASTON VILLA v Wolves, Saturday 30th March! 🥧 by ironmaidenmania
[March 28, 2024, 08:43:00 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by CT Villan
[Today at 02:12:50 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by JD
[Today at 01:37:32 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 01:07:18 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 01:05:25 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by The Left Side
[Today at 12:52:12 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by tomd2103
[Today at 12:47:19 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by edgysatsuma89
[Today at 12:33:09 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by KevinGage
[Today at 12:22:56 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Morgan Sanson - On Loan at Nice  (Read 175585 times)

Offline VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
Re: Morgan Sanson - signed
« Reply #1005 on: January 16, 2022, 09:10:01 PM »
He cares. He didn’t show it in the best way. Nothing at all like Barkley. He’s been really frustrated since joining us and he knows this is a massive opportunity for him. He was really good yesterday that mistake aside.
No he wasn't
He wasn't tracking back first half and covering Cash.
Was ultimately at fault for both goals.

Thank goodness for that, here's me blaming Emi for letting the ball go through his legs.

I think it is a bit harsh to blame him for the first goal. We collectively started very slowly

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #1006 on: January 16, 2022, 09:13:58 PM »
He cares. He didn’t show it in the best way. Nothing at all like Barkley. He’s been really frustrated since joining us and he knows this is a massive opportunity for him. He was really good yesterday that mistake aside.
No he wasn't
How was he at fault for 1st goal? He chased back and poked ball away from the player but ref gave free-kick that shouldn't have been given, can't blame Sanson for doing his job! Obviously when freekick given it is Sanson's fault for goal and not Martinez? Doh!  Also on several occasions Cash went forward and lost the ball he made very little effort to get back - he just strolled back as if he couldn't care less leaving others like Sanson and Luiz to cover for him

Well exactly the free kick was given away by him and when the free kick was taken he wasn't alert at all and allowed the shot to come in.
Because he was probably too busy sulking
For me he wasn't great . He made some nice touches granted but to not suggest he was weak at covering back shows poor understanding as his role on that side of the midfield was also to come back as well as stay back when Cash went forward.
He wasn't up to speed players running by him constantly  and clearly was someone Gerrard wasn't happy with so hooked him off after his Captain

And I don't buy his reasoning for his bottle kicking.
He was annoyed and frustrated at being subbed not given goal away.
Clearly he's got too much of an ego when behaves like that.
Bad attitude.

« Last Edit: January 16, 2022, 09:18:45 PM by Footy-Vill »

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #1007 on: January 16, 2022, 09:21:40 PM »
Footy, listen to Steven Gerrard's post match interview.  He covered the whole substitute issue and the supposed petulance.  He is always very honest and I trust his word.

Offline Footy-Vill

« Reply #1008 on: January 16, 2022, 09:28:09 PM »
Naive. That's ridiculous.  Like he's going to say anything.
Sanson won't start the next game
As for me because I savvy on these football matters and would never just go by public announcements. Only see what they want you to hear
Sanson won't fit here for Villa and Gerrard.
Smith didn't have much time for him and he was an opportunistic signing who we could probably make money from or at least get money back

I don't see him making it at Villa at the moment. I'm very disappointed as he was a class act and excellent footballer better than McGinn technically and has goals in him
But obviously he doesn't suit here so sorry to say best to move on I said that about Wesley and Guilbert.
Anyhow I refuse to comment on his thread anymore till he at least shows required levels.
Debate over
« Last Edit: January 16, 2022, 09:33:45 PM by Footy-Vill »

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #1009 on: January 16, 2022, 09:29:35 PM »
No he wasn't

What a load of bollocks

Offline Small Rodent

• GM : 30.11.2024
« Reply #1010 on: January 16, 2022, 09:31:45 PM »

Isn’t there a Norwich messageboard for you somewhere? You seem happier with their result.

Offline VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #1011 on: January 16, 2022, 09:32:13 PM »
No he wasn't

What a load of bollocks

I really think more is being made of this than there is

Offline Footy-Vill

« Reply #1012 on: January 16, 2022, 09:34:24 PM »
No he wasn't

What a load of bollocks

Yeah you are actually clearly unable to see things objectively
I refuse to partake in charade as that's just low level debate as a retort
Well done very good retort indeed !

Offline Steve67

« Reply #1013 on: January 16, 2022, 09:36:24 PM »

Blimey!  You really are the font of all knowledge and simply hate anything that Steven Gerrard says or does because he isn't Dean Smith.  Dean has gone, get over it, get on with it.  Sanson kicked the bottles because he gave the goal away.  Gerrard asked him directly and reported that when asked by the reporter, otherwise, why would he say anything at all, other than the matter will be dealt with internally? Sanson may not start the next game because we have McGinn back and Ramsey is undroppable as our best midfielder currently.  Luiz has to play because Sanson is not a holding midfielder.   I'm not sure if you are a wind up or not but you need to chill.

Offline Footy-Vill

« Reply #1014 on: January 16, 2022, 09:43:47 PM »

Isn’t there a Norwich messageboard for you somewhere? You seem happier with their result.
Yes because if we lost yesterday we all would have been happy!
Imagine if he stayed on and ings went off. We lose that game the comments on Sanson would be very different.
Just because I'm able to think and see things about players and matches that haven't been addressed and not agreed upon by a reader because they uncomfortable with truths is sometimes more than just subjective observations by them

I just ask people to try and see context and perspective just a little more sometimes as the facts :
Sanson had nothing to do with our comeback!! Fact!
We scored 2 goals and looked heaps better with him off the pitch yes or no?
And as we all know he was at fault for both goals conceded that's the bare truth.
Anyway. We don't need to go on let's all move on
And I'm pleased for Dean if that's what you mean.

Up the Villa.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #1015 on: January 16, 2022, 09:50:03 PM »
Imagine if he stayed on and ings went off. We lose that game the comments on Sanson would be very different.
Just because I'm able to think and see things about players and matches that haven't been addressed and not agreed upon by a reader because they uncomfortable with truths is sometimes more than just subjective observations by them
Ings did go off about 6 minutes after Sanson was subbed.

Offline Footy-Vill

« Reply #1016 on: January 16, 2022, 09:51:38 PM »

Blimey!  You really are the font of all knowledge and simply hate anything that Steven Gerrard says or does because he isn't Dean Smith.  Dean has gone, get over it, get on with it.  Sanson kicked the bottles because he gave the goal away.  Gerrard asked him directly and reported that when asked by the reporter, otherwise, why would he say anything at all, other than the matter will be dealt with internally? Sanson may not start the next game because we have McGinn back and Ramsey is undroppable as our best midfielder currently.  Luiz has to play because Sanson is not a holding midfielder.   I'm not sure if you are a wind up or not but you need to chill.

I trying to move away from this conversation
But to address we clearly see things differently and I dislike being ridiculed for my observations because they aren't the same yet ultimately very good as well in my view
That's all

Sometimes others also have great insights , foresight and views which I haven't seen so I'm hardly all knowing. Plenty here say many accurate things or even interesting opinions
 Its the idea that there could be a differing view or take and the lack of accepting , acknowledging of considering it by some that irks me
It's like they make a view or opinion when it's not really that considered
Anyway I'm very upset about Smith so people should be more respecting of that
And yes I will have a time out till after Everton
For the respect of the good people here and myself
No quarrels with anyone just respecting this public space for others.
Up the Villa

Offline Steve67

« Reply #1017 on: January 16, 2022, 09:54:17 PM »

But to address we clearly see things differently and I dislike being ridiculed for my observations because they aren't the same yet ultimately very good as well in my view
That's all

Sometimes others also have great insights , foresight and views which I haven't seen so I'm hardly all knowing. Plenty here say many accurate things or even interesting opinions
 Its the idea that there could be a differing view or take and the lack of accepting , acknowledging of considering it by some that irks me
It's like they make a view or opinion when it's not really that considered
Anyway I'm very upset about Smith so people should be more respecting of that
And yes I will have a time out till after Everton
For the respect of the good people here and myself
No quarrels with anyone just respecting this public space for others.
Up the Villa

Calling some naive is also ridiculing.  Easy come, easy go.  Let's leave it there eh?  Have a good evening.

Offline Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #1018 on: January 16, 2022, 09:56:44 PM »
That's all

You might want to give the politics threads a miss. ;)

Offline Footy-Vill

« Reply #1019 on: January 16, 2022, 09:56:51 PM »
Agree. Sorry I called you naive. That's was poor by Me. And uncalled for. Must respect that's how things are seen differently on Gerrards interview.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal