collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Morgan Sanson - On Loan at Nice  (Read 175477 times)

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
Re: Morgan Sanson - signed
« Reply #525 on: April 07, 2021, 04:07:21 PM »
One player I would be introducing right now is Kesler Hayden over Elmo. Love Elmo but he will be gone in the summer.

I agree, I don't see any reason to have Elmo in the match day squad for the rest of the season unless Cash gets injured. I'd be tempted to give Philogene-Bidace and Chukwuemeka time on the bench ahead of Barkley and AEG for a few games as well. Maybe even Chrisene ahead of Taylor a couple of times.

Offline dcdavecollett

« Reply #526 on: April 09, 2021, 02:37:52 AM »
Agree with all of those, if the time is right.

What about Aaron Ramsey?

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #527 on: April 09, 2021, 10:20:30 AM »
Agree with all of those, if the time is right.

What about Aaron Ramsey?
only 17 at the moment

Offline Russ aka Big Nose

« Reply #528 on: April 09, 2021, 11:31:45 AM »
One player I would be introducing right now is Kesler Hayden over Elmo. Love Elmo but he will be gone in the summer.

I agree, I don't see any reason to have Elmo in the match day squad for the rest of the season unless Cash gets injured. I'd be tempted to give Philogene-Bidace and Chukwuemeka time on the bench ahead of Barkley and AEG for a few games as well. Maybe even Chrisene ahead of Taylor a couple of times.
From a football development perspective, I absolutely agree. Though in terms of game management, Elmo is a seasoned pro that does not us down.

We might be 2-1 up at Anfield tomorrow and Cash gets injured with 15 minutes left. I think Kesler is a fantastic prospect, but I would be happier to see Elmo replace Cash in those circumstances to secure another rare win versus Red Scouse.

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #529 on: April 22, 2021, 06:33:11 AM »
Has DS just dropped Sanson out of the match day squad completely or is he injured? Doesn't look good if he's deemed not good enough. Hopefully he's not getting the Guilbert treatment! Villa's track record with French signings isn't the best.

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #530 on: April 22, 2021, 06:37:41 AM »
He has a knee injury.

Online CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #531 on: April 22, 2021, 12:59:02 PM »
Has DS just dropped Sanson out of the match day squad completely or is he injured? Doesn't look good if he's deemed not good enough. Hopefully he's not getting the Guilbert treatment! Villa's track record with French signings isn't the best.

No, he’s injured.

Offline RichardBatchelor

« Reply #532 on: April 23, 2021, 03:05:33 PM »
Sanson will be our 11th French player and there seems to be a curse, or should I say, 'malediction', on French Villa players.

The previous ten are Agathe, Amavi, Berson, Cissokho, Ginola, Guilbert, N'Zogbia, Pirès, Six, Veretout.

All flops for one reason or another, with the possible exception of Guilbert - but even he doesn't seem to be fancied at all by Smith. Even French speaking players from other countries (such as Makoun, Sylla and Senderos) haven't worked out. Kodjia was probably the exception as he did at least have one very, very good season.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #533 on: April 23, 2021, 03:41:11 PM »
No one saying , if only Sanson was fit.

Offline villa `cross the mersey

« Reply #534 on: April 23, 2021, 08:00:40 PM »
Didier Six was ok in my opinion

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #535 on: April 23, 2021, 10:32:31 PM »

Six had a great debut against Man Utd. Then he faded and produced anonymous performances. He was useless really. However this was before the foreign influx so I wouldn’t think the club handled integrating that well either back then.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #536 on: April 23, 2021, 10:39:43 PM »

Six had a great debut against Man Utd. Then he faded and produced anonymous performances. He was useless really. However this was before the foreign influx so I wouldn’t think the club handled integrating that well either back then.

That debut was fucking great, though. I was at that match.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #537 on: April 23, 2021, 11:50:28 PM »
Best debut til Carbone? Best hair til Benni, too.

Offline dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #538 on: April 24, 2021, 08:31:52 AM »

That debut was fucking great, though. I was at that match.

And me, I thought we'd really got ourselves a diamond.  Wrong again!

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #539 on: April 24, 2021, 01:32:49 PM »
Based on reputation Ginola was the biggest flop.

I know he was old when we got him but he'd actually been voted PFA player of the year in 98/99 season and basically Spurs version of Jack back then and we signed him the following summer but with Merson in the team still the balance didn't really work and it was an Ellis signing in any case, John Gregory never wanted him.

Can actually remember popping down to VP for the press conference, were thousands there and he turned up with Alpay (who no-one had heard of at that point) with Ellis driving them in his Rolls Royce.

Was all very Newcastle esque in the lower Witton that day:

https://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail/news-photo/aston-villa-new-signing-david-ginola-faces-the-press-at-news-photo/1023565
« Last Edit: April 24, 2021, 01:37:12 PM by SoccerHQ »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal