collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Villa Park Redevelopment by Clampy
[Today at 11:52:46 AM]

Gordon Cowans by Nunkin1965
[Today at 11:01:49 AM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by Nev
[Today at 10:25:19 AM]

FFP by thick_mike
[Today at 10:19:47 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Baldy
[Today at 10:14:15 AM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Ian.
[Today at 10:01:07 AM]

Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Morgan Sanson - On Loan at Nice  (Read 175653 times)

Offline Scott Nielsen

Re: Morgan Sanson - signed
« Reply #495 on: April 05, 2021, 04:17:41 AM »
Maybe expecations are a bit high? £15.5million for a French player in his mid-twenties suggests we bought a squad player. We need those too.

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #496 on: April 05, 2021, 05:49:59 AM »
He needs time to adjust to this intense League. No pre-season withus at all. Still early days. Time to judge will be next season.

Online Neil Hawkes

« Reply #497 on: April 05, 2021, 06:11:21 AM »
Maybe expecations are a bit high? £15.5million for a French player in his mid-twenties suggests we bought a squad player. We need those too.
Don't forget this is around half the price it should have been if not for the French League problems.
Once he adjusts to the speed of this league I believe he will be a good addition.

Offline Smithy

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #498 on: April 05, 2021, 08:43:27 AM »
I've seen enough from him to know he's got the ability to play - comfortably - in the Premier League. Yes, he's looked a bit off the pace at times, but that all feels to me like getting up to speed, especially considering he seems the sort of player who often moves WITH the ball in midfield, rather than just moving the ball itself.

I'm not sure he's going to become an automatic first-choice, a la Jack, Ollie, Ezri and Emi, but I'm very confident he'll be better next season and our squad will be stronger as a result.

Add in a top-quality CM marquee -igning over the summer and we'll have very healthy competition in that position.  I thought that signing was going to be Barkley, but it's not worked out that way.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #499 on: April 05, 2021, 08:50:28 AM »
I've seen enough from him to know he's got the ability to play - comfortably - in the Premier League. Yes, he's looked a bit off the pace at times, but that all feels to me like getting up to speed, especially considering he seems the sort of player who often moves WITH the ball in midfield, rather than just moving the ball itself.

I'm not sure he's going to become an automatic first-choice, a la Jack, Ollie, Ezri and Emi, but I'm very confident he'll be better next season and our squad will be stronger as a result.

Add in a top-quality CM marquee -igning over the summer and we'll have very healthy competition in that position.  I thought that signing was going to be Barkley, but it's not worked out that way.

Smith said something yesterday about Barkley still getting back to full fitness.  We've played more than half a season since he came back from his hamstring injury.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #500 on: April 05, 2021, 08:51:25 AM »
Agree with that, he's tidy, in a new country, in a pandemic and plying his trade in the toughest league in the world.

I'm hopeful and think it was a bargain price.

Online AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #501 on: April 05, 2021, 08:58:58 AM »
I think Sanson has shown he can run and pass the ball well, he just isn't up to intensity/pace of the league yet. He did admit as much in a French newspaper article a few weeks back i seem to recall someone quoting? 

Offline Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 14.03.2024
« Reply #502 on: April 05, 2021, 09:04:23 AM »
Yes, he said he was surprised at the intensity of training and the amount of work you have to put in. He thought they worked hard at OM but is finding the PL to be on another level.

Online AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #503 on: April 05, 2021, 09:06:03 AM »
Thanks BE, knew i hadn't imagined it.

Online algy

• GM : 23.03.2025
« Reply #504 on: April 05, 2021, 09:27:21 AM »
Like a few others, I'd assumed he was a signing for next season. He's looked decent enough from what I've seen if him to think that, given a full preseason plus 6 months of getting used to the pace, he'll be a bit of a bargain.

Offline Daley’s dreads

« Reply #505 on: April 05, 2021, 10:19:52 AM »
Thought he looked better yesterday. Few speedy bursts with the ball which showed what he could do next season.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #506 on: April 05, 2021, 12:43:37 PM »
I like him, never scared to receive the ball and is always looking up and seeing what's around him. He gets caught out sometimes because he's not used to how quickly the space disappears but I've seen enough to suggest he's learning and will be a good part of the squad next year.

I'd still like to see someone a bit more physical in there though to be a bit o an enforcer when the likes of Sanson are being bullied.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #507 on: April 05, 2021, 12:46:26 PM »
I like him, never scared to receive the ball and is always looking up and seeing what's around him. He gets caught out sometimes because he's not used to how quickly the space disappears but I've seen enough to suggest he's learning and will be a good part of the squad next year.

I'd still like to see someone a bit more physical in there though to be a bit o an enforcer when the likes of Sanson are being bullied.

Yeah, we need a Jedinak that can play.

I like the lad Bissouma at Brighton.

Online VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #508 on: April 05, 2021, 12:49:07 PM »

Yes he does stand out , but don’t we have a lad in the under 23s who is near the first team ?  Chukwuemeka?
« Last Edit: April 05, 2021, 12:51:41 PM by VILLA MOLE »

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #509 on: April 05, 2021, 01:03:47 PM »

Yes he does stand out , but don’t we have a lad in the under 23s who is near the first team ?  Chukwuemeka?

He needs a couple of seasons to get there, a year out on loan to the championship and then a season as an understudy getting minutes off the bench, he's only just turned 18 so it'd be a big step up for him to come in and do that job. I do think he's going to be a top player though.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal