collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by rob_bridge
[Today at 02:01:05 PM]

Re: FFP by Risso
[Today at 02:00:06 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by pablo_picasso
[Today at 01:59:07 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by WassallVillain
[Today at 01:54:03 PM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Toronto Villa
[Today at 01:50:22 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Risso
[Today at 01:43:13 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by pablo_picasso
[Today at 01:30:57 PM]

Re: Aston Villa Leisure Centre by Pete3206
[Today at 01:30:43 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Morgan Sanson - On Loan at Nice  (Read 175471 times)

Offline DaveD

• Twitter
  • GM : 26.12.2015
Re: Morgan Sanson - signed
« Reply #300 on: January 27, 2021, 12:20:03 AM »
Guilbert could be important in helpung him settle.

We'll have a few French speakers in the squad, eg Traoré.

How good is his English? Do we know, for example, whether he understands the difference between ‘up’ and ‘off’?

More importantly, does he understand “deliberate attempt to play the ball” ?

Offline Neil Hawkes

« Reply #301 on: January 27, 2021, 06:02:24 AM »
What  type of midfielder is he?

He's alot like McGinn from everything I can find, high energy, closes the ball fast and tries to move the ball forward fast.
Well, according to Dean, he can play as a 10, an 8 or a 6. Whatever the hell that means.

He's played out wide for Marseille at points too so can probably play anywhere across midfield. A right footed McGinn who's stats show him winning the ball higher up the field than what McGinn does. Useful to have someone so versatile as it can help to keep the squad size down whilst still having options and giving chance for the kids to come through.
Ross Barkley replacement, that can tackle.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #302 on: January 27, 2021, 07:22:42 AM »
I hope it does not mean we will see less of Ramsay but i suppose no room for sentiment

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #303 on: January 27, 2021, 09:14:55 AM »

He's alot like McGinn from everything I can find, high energy, closes the ball fast and tries to move the ball forward fast.
Well, according to Dean, he can play as a 10, an 8 or a 6. Whatever the hell that means.

He's played out wide for Marseille at points too so can probably play anywhere across midfield. A right footed McGinn who's stats show him winning the ball higher up the field than what McGinn does. Useful to have someone so versatile as it can help to keep the squad size down whilst still having options and giving chance for the kids to come through.
Ross Barkley replacement, that can tackle.

Don’t think so. I’m no expert on Sanson, but I think Barkley is a different sort of player - one we definitely need.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #304 on: January 27, 2021, 09:15:27 AM »
I hope it does not mean we will see less of Ramsay but i suppose no room for sentiment

He's only 19 though Hookey, he'll get his chance. If anything, it will hopefully mean that he's not rushed in when he's not ready. He should have a season long loan in the Championship next season.

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #305 on: January 27, 2021, 09:47:40 AM »

im with you there mate. Haven’t got a clue when people start talking about shirt numbers. If someone says oh he’s an 8 or a 10 or a 6, my mind just thinks Shaw, Cowans, Mortimer. If he’s as good as those three rolled into one, we’ll have some player on our hands. Look out Jack!

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #306 on: January 27, 2021, 11:09:49 AM »
I love the way he runs with the ball not afraid to take players on and he sores great goals like I've said before I'm exited by him.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #307 on: January 27, 2021, 12:20:57 PM »

im with you there mate. Haven’t got a clue when people start talking about shirt numbers. If someone says oh he’s an 8 or a 10 or a 6, my mind just thinks Shaw, Cowans, Mortimer. If he’s as good as those three rolled into one, we’ll have some player on our hands. Look out Jack!

In our system:

Luiz is a 6, he sits deeper, breaks play up and gets us moving forward.
McGinn is an 8, he gets up and down the pitch and presses the ball.
Barkley is a 10, he stays fairly high up the pitch and his job is to link play between the midfield and Watkins.

That's massively over simplifying it but what he means is that he sees Sanson as being able to cover for all of those.

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #308 on: January 27, 2021, 01:04:57 PM »
I’ve just watched the obligatory YouTube mashup of him. Without wanting to fall into that particular trap, he looks pretty fkn decent. From that he looks to me more like a cross between Barkly and McGinn. Pacy, direct and an eye for goal. Listening to Smith’s pre Burnley comments it was interesting he said that we’ve now got options in terms of how we set up and there are different ways we can go about winning games. He referenced Newcastle saying it would’ve been easy to go gung ho, but the staff felt they needed to be first and foremost solid, which I guess was why they brought in Nakamba. Great to have that option if McGinn, or Ross aren’t available. Or even to displace them on merit. Bit of a tangent here, but what really struck me about The Newcastle match was how good the shape looked both in defence and attack. Nobody getting pulled out of position or marked out of the game. If he can slot in and help us keep that, we’ve got a decent chance of European qualification this season.

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #309 on: January 27, 2021, 01:36:58 PM »

Morgan is.not a number he is a Freeman. Okay then he's a Number Six.

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #310 on: January 27, 2021, 01:53:52 PM »

That he's an Even headed player and not an Odd ball :)

Offline DrGonzo

« Reply #311 on: January 27, 2021, 02:29:01 PM »
STSABH?  Is it actually done?  It's not ITSOTP yet...

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #312 on: January 27, 2021, 02:42:48 PM »
Jesus Christmas mate, could you actually be any more condescending? I don't think it's possible.

Offline Tayls_7

• GM : 13.09.2024
« Reply #313 on: January 27, 2021, 02:56:33 PM »
I think Deano should step aside and let Footy break the news to SJM. It'll be quicker that way.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #314 on: January 27, 2021, 03:01:04 PM »
It's going to take time for Sanson to establish himself, and if as Footy predicts after putting the feelers out and doing some scouting, he does replace SJM, then we've got ourselves a very good player indeed.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal