collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Morgan Sanson - On Loan at Nice  (Read 177225 times)

Online Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
Re: Morgan Sanson
« Reply #180 on: January 25, 2021, 08:06:45 PM »
OK then. Venezia away in Europe. I think you can only get there by boat.

Road and rail connection from the mainland.

Offline thick_mike

• GM : 26.02.2025
« Reply #181 on: January 25, 2021, 08:07:11 PM »
Whoops, sorry about that!

For the record; left side, Tiswas, Celtic and obviously “up”. I stood behind the floodlight as a nipper, then used to stand up the back first half and down the front second.

Offline Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #182 on: January 25, 2021, 08:11:19 PM »
While you're all on the subject, one I could never understand. We all follow the Villa, over land and Sea... And water. Aren't see and water the same thing?

No.

I agree but assuming we are not including crossing rivers by road or rail bridges, can you give an example of a Villa away game that would involve crossing water that is not sea.

The bigger question is why would one exclude crossing rivers by road or rail bridge?

That is absolutely following the Villa over water.

The chant doesn't make reference to how much easier modern transport infrastructure make that following.

Offline Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #183 on: January 25, 2021, 08:14:27 PM »
Up

Left Side* - Swap Shop - Hibs & Celtic

*Beside the base of the floodlight.

Offline Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #184 on: January 25, 2021, 08:15:16 PM »
I refuse to believe that there isn’t a single ground somewhere in the world that is on an island in the middle of a lake or some such.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #185 on: January 25, 2021, 08:18:03 PM »
While you're all on the subject, one I could never understand. We all follow the Villa, over land and Sea... And water. Aren't see and water the same thing?

No.

I agree but assuming we are not including crossing rivers by road or rail bridges, can you give an example of a Villa away game that would involve crossing water that is not sea.

The bigger question is why would one exclude crossing rivers by road or rail bridge?

The chant doesn't make reference to how much easier modern transport infrastructure make that following.

If you ignore the couple of hundred yards between the Fiery Holes and Rocket Pool, you have to pass over water to get to Tipton Town.

Offline Dave

« Reply #186 on: January 25, 2021, 08:19:45 PM »
I refuse to believe that there isn’t a single ground somewhere in the world that is on an island in the middle of a lake or some such.

Belter of an away game.

(Henningsvaer in Norway, but probably more of a pitch than a stadium)

Offline dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #187 on: January 25, 2021, 08:21:44 PM »

Malta? or am I getting the wrong end of the stick?

Offline john2710

« Reply #188 on: January 25, 2021, 08:21:44 PM »
Left side, above floodlight. Definitely off.

Offline Dave

« Reply #189 on: January 25, 2021, 08:23:51 PM »

No.

If you ignore the couple of hundred yards between the Fiery Holes and Rocket Pool, you have to pass over water to get to Tipton Town.

Reckon a good lawyer could argue that a trip to the Lower Holte bogs at half-time involves a journey over water.

Online Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #190 on: January 25, 2021, 08:24:15 PM »

No.

I would say you would struggle to find a single game home or away that doesn't involve crossing water in that case !

Why sing a song which in effect boasts about your undying loyalty because you parked the other side of cuckoo bridge ? Then walked over the fazeley canal ? That canal and bridge was there before villa park was built which puts paid to your modern infrastructure argument !

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #191 on: January 25, 2021, 08:26:29 PM »
Late 70's early 80's lower holte ,right side bottom corner.

Definately "get into em and fuck em off"

Online KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #192 on: January 25, 2021, 08:27:18 PM »

No.

Why on earth would you want to do that.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #193 on: January 25, 2021, 08:30:11 PM »

Belter of an away game.

(Henningsvaer in Norway, but probably more of a pitch than a stadium)

Just found the same place by Googling but it seems to be connected to the mainland by road so banned for reasons that I'm not really clear on.

Offline Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #194 on: January 25, 2021, 08:32:08 PM »
Send the RAF over to destroy the link to the mainland and it’ll count then.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal