collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Morgan Sanson - On Loan at Nice  (Read 175515 times)

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
Re: Morgan Sanson
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2021, 01:24:24 PM »
A signing thread started by Toronto Villa always ends well.

Yep. Emi Martinez, Ezri Konsa, Wesley all signed successfully.

And others haven't. I don't see the point in starting a thread before a signing is more or less certain. You just get people's hopes up, then they end up disappointed. I remember seeing a Rashica thread on here, can't remember if it was you that started it. But I was excited thinking about him signing only to see it was just someone being premature. Again.

Still, with Sanson, a fee has been agreed so seems entirely reasonable to have a thread now, though. Hope it all goes through smoothly.

Was said in one of the twitter reports last week that player had already agreed terms with us so just a question of agreeing fee with club so it's as good as done.

Only issue now is does he have to quarantine or do sports players get exemptions if they provide negative test coming in.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2021, 01:24:48 PM »
I've asked nicely before. It doesn't hurt to wait until it's more or less a done deal, does it? Why would you choose to get people's hopes up?

The way it's been done for the last two decades is that if there is something tangible to discuss, thus setting it apart from the general "we should sign x" content of the main transfer thread then they get their own topic.

We have a lot more readers than posters, and many of them don't go near the transfer thread - so given the site is a news resource as well as a discussion forum, confirmed interest in a player is news, even if we don't eventually sign them.

We never signed Joe Bryan, but there was quite obviously more to talk about than the "we should sign this bloke or that bloke" stuff.

I mean, if Jon Moss or Rod Liddle have their own threads, you'd think that a guy we're trying to spend millions of pounds on is probably deserving of one, no?

Offline Larry Duff

« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2021, 01:25:17 PM »
I've seen a bit of analysis of him doing the rounds and He likes to press and win tackles high up the pitch.  Wins twice as many as John McGinn but obviously in a less competitive League.  He is very energetic and good at carrying the ball so He seems a player that would probably compete with McGinn and Louis but could also play in Barclays role.

Looks very useful 

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2021, 01:32:59 PM »
I've seen a bit of analysis of him doing the rounds and He likes to press and win tackles high up the pitch.  Wins twice as many as John McGinn but obviously in a less competitive League.  He is very energetic and good at carrying the ball so He seems a player that would probably compete with McGinn and Louis but could also play in Barclays role.

Looks very useful 
With him and McGinn in the team there would be no rest for the wicked.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2021, 01:33:05 PM »
This is a pretty decent analysis.

Obligatory YouTube package

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2021, 01:36:40 PM »
I've asked nicely before. It doesn't hurt to wait until it's more or less a done deal, does it? Why would you choose to get people's hopes up?

The way it's been done for the last two decades is that if there is something tangible to discuss, thus setting it apart from the general "we should sign x" content of the main transfer thread then they get their own topic.

We have a lot more readers than posters, and many of them don't go near the transfer thread - so given the site is a news resource as well as a discussion forum, confirmed interest in a player is news, even if we don't eventually sign them.

We never signed Joe Bryan, but there was quite obviously more to talk about than the "we should sign this bloke or that bloke" stuff.

I mean, if Jon Moss or Rod Liddle have their own threads, you'd think that a guy we're trying to spend millions of pounds on is probably deserving of one, no?

If I say a thread about Rod Liddell I don't think we are going to sign someone and raise my hopes.

Transfer thread = speculation.

Individual thread = signing looks more or less certain.

Individual thread with name title amended to say "signed" = confirmed.

I don't see what is wrong with that. Seems like Head Mod agreed with me... for a change 😄

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2021, 01:41:42 PM »
Well I feel embarrassed and humiliated that my thread was deleted initially.  Either that or I didn’t give it that much thought in the scheme of things....

Offline Border villan

• Carrying out missionary work on the Welsh border.
« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2021, 01:45:25 PM »
I don't see the harm in it. It's not as if Messi is being linked.
This is how rumours start!

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2021, 01:47:44 PM »
Seems like Head Mod agreed with me... for a change 😄

I don't think that Lizz has made any comment on the matter.

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #39 on: January 23, 2021, 01:48:50 PM »
Interesting stuff TV. It does seem like a lot of our focus has been on becoming really unpleasant to play against. Not in a thuggish Burnleyesque way - just that we give our opponents thoroughly unenjoyable afternoons.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #40 on: January 23, 2021, 01:56:19 PM »

If I say a thread about Rod Liddell I don't think we are going to sign someone and raise my hopes.

Transfer thread = speculation.

Individual thread = signing looks more or less certain.

Individual thread with name title amended to say "signed" = confirmed.

I don't see what is wrong with that. Seems like Head Mod agreed with me... for a change 😄

Head Mod
I always thought that was Ace Face

Offline Gerrin

« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2021, 01:57:35 PM »
Can't say I've ever heard of him but it's good to see they're not settled with what they've already got. It'll be interesting to see where he fits in

Well judging by this I think he's being lined up for the Barkley role, long term. I doubt we'll sign Barkley, Chelsea will want far too much, which is a shame.

https://www.sportskeeda.com/amp/football/no-bruno-no-problem-why-marseille-s-morgan-sanson-could-be-the-answer-to-manchester-united-s-midfield-woes

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #42 on: January 23, 2021, 02:02:00 PM »
Interesting stuff TV. It does seem like a lot of our focus has been on becoming really unpleasant to play against. Not in a thuggish Burnleyesque way - just that we give our opponents thoroughly unenjoyable afternoons.

It appears pressing and not allowing opponents time on the all is being made a priority. From Ollie up top through the line up. Also having more players like that is never a bad thing to give our other midfielder a break.

The great Barcelona teams always had that. Iniesta and Xavi were brilliant at it. You don’t need to be some big brute enforcer, but a player with the work ethic to close opponent players down quickly. I remember it also being said about the great Liverpool teams where it was said Ian Rush, as great a striker as he was, was also the first defender when they lost the ball high up the pitch. It’s a critical component of any team aspiring to reach the top.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #43 on: January 23, 2021, 02:05:46 PM »
Can't say I've ever heard of him but it's good to see they're not settled with what they've already got. It'll be interesting to see where he fits in

Well judging by this I think he's being lined up for the Barkley role, long term. I doubt we'll sign Barkley, Chelsea will want far too much, which is a shame.

https://www.sportskeeda.com/amp/football/no-bruno-no-problem-why-marseille-s-morgan-sanson-could-be-the-answer-to-manchester-united-s-midfield-woes

He's not a number 10. He's an option for Douglas and McGinn.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #44 on: January 23, 2021, 02:07:14 PM »
I’ve never heard of him but he looks okay on the Vids

Being a French international (u21) he’s bound to have good technique and a good first touch
add to that his work rate looks very good pressing in particular

So hopefully the recruitment team have got another one right
« Last Edit: January 23, 2021, 02:11:05 PM by john e »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal