collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Morgan Sanson - On Loan at Nice  (Read 177781 times)

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
Re: Morgan Sanson - signed
« Reply #975 on: January 15, 2022, 07:43:06 PM »
Terrible error for second. Disappointing as Coutinho was prepped ready to come on at that point.

He's neat and tidy but think some of the praise he was getting first half was OTT.

Nowhere near as influential for us as McGinn and will go back down the pecking order once we sign a DM.

Offline Nelly

• rahix.music
  • GM : 01.05.2023
« Reply #976 on: January 15, 2022, 07:51:35 PM »
I feel like Sanson could be decent if he had a run of games. He picked some nice passes today and was combative. Maybe he's not quite up to speed, as Buendia wasn't earlier in the season. Obviously Sanson's error will have put a black mark against his name for many, but if we can persevere with Mings through all his many errors, we can surely give a little grace to Sanson.

Offline Smirker

• GM : Sep, 2014
« Reply #977 on: January 15, 2022, 07:53:18 PM »
He needs a solid run in the team before being written off. I feel for him tbh.

Was not a good game for him.

Keep trying Morgan.

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #978 on: January 15, 2022, 07:53:27 PM »
I don’t think he’s shown enough to suggest that he’s ever going to command a place regularly in the starting 11, especially if we keep buying good players this month.

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #979 on: January 15, 2022, 09:17:00 PM »
Terrible error for second. Disappointing as Coutinho was prepped ready to come on at that point.

He's neat and tidy but think some of the praise he was getting first half was OTT.

Nowhere near as influential for us as McGinn and will go back down the pecking order once we sign a DM.
His fault goals conceded
He was getting praise first half for what? Glad I didn't see anyone commenting on that.  I mean he was doing some basics and couple of nice touches but nothing as a collective
Gave away free kicks 1st goal
Gave away ball for 2nd goal
He's was particularly awful because he wasn't covering Cash and doing what's required in the system
He was giving fouls away and affording space on the right sod eof man utd attack

I love to know what people are claiming was so good.
He looks sluggish and attitude.
Clearly Gerrard was suggesting that he was a player basically kot doing his duties first half.

From tv saw Cash and Mings having to talk to him . Telling him postional play.
He's different to Traroe (but same lack of cover) and different system but Sanson isn't either fit or bothered to do what's required for when Cash gets forward.
He also doesn't make enough movement so I think SG will be having serious words
McGinn was much missed.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2022, 09:18:53 PM by Footy-Vill »

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #980 on: January 15, 2022, 09:35:48 PM »
Thought he did OK today, but like a few others, he has that really poor mistake in him and it was a costly one today. 

Offline TelfordVilla

« Reply #981 on: January 15, 2022, 09:44:47 PM »
assaulted the water bottles again after being taken off. I dont think that sends the right message.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #982 on: January 15, 2022, 09:58:38 PM »
He has gone on Twitter to apologize. That he was upset at his mistake that led to their second goal and leaving the game 0-2. Basically his emotions got the better of him.

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #983 on: January 15, 2022, 10:00:58 PM »
He has gone on Twitter to apologize. That he was upset at his mistake that led to their second goal and leaving the game 0-2. Basically his emotions got the better of him.

Good attitude to do this.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024

Offline AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #985 on: January 15, 2022, 10:17:20 PM »
Thought he played well today, he’s certainly growing into the PL.

Offline charleeco7

« Reply #986 on: January 15, 2022, 10:21:09 PM »
He could be some player if he had a run of games. Just not sure it’ll be with us as he’s not the type of player we need. 

Offline Abbeyfealeavfc

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #987 on: January 15, 2022, 10:24:47 PM »
Played well today when going forwards. Provided little to no support to Cash in the first half. Ollie was having to cover the right side which is ridiculous.
To many of our midfielders are the same...better going forwards but suspect when it comes to defensive responsibilities. Hopefully this will be addressed.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #988 on: January 15, 2022, 10:28:13 PM »
He's neat and has a nice touch and turn, he's just a little off still and the midfield lacked drive with him in it.

He needs to start taking his chances  in the side though as he'll find himself on the periphery very quickly.

Offline Smithy

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #989 on: January 16, 2022, 01:55:17 AM »
I thought he played pretty well - certainly no worse than anyone else in the first 25 (when everyone was bad), but apart from that I thought he moved the ball well, carried it where it was appropriate and got his foot in at times too.  I liked him geeing up his teammates in the second half when the press worked. The back pass was a mistake, clearly, but I still think Mings’ hesitation cost us as much - he could have beaten Fred to the ball had he not hesitated.

Kicking the bottle in frustration at giving a goal away is fine by me, I’d be more annoyed if he could shrug off mistakes like that.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal