collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Morgan Sanson - On Loan at Nice  (Read 177980 times)

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
Re: Morgan Sanson - signed
« Reply #1050 on: February 13, 2022, 04:42:42 PM »
He's not a DM though.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #1051 on: February 13, 2022, 04:44:43 PM »
Luiz doesn’t look like any sort of midfielder at the moment.

Offline Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #1052 on: February 13, 2022, 04:48:51 PM »

I’ve never quite understood what Luiz’s role is supposed to be and what his strengths are

Offline Goldie.7

« Reply #1053 on: February 13, 2022, 04:58:25 PM »
I would like Sanson to start all our remaining matches and John McGinn to be benched for all of our remaining matches.

Mistake aside, he looked very good against manure. I have no problems with bit part players making mistakes because they're match rusty, but there's no excuse for players like McGinn and Luiz who are consistently poor week in, week out.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #1054 on: February 13, 2022, 04:59:14 PM »

Indeed, he shouldn't be starting.

Sanson and McGinn holding at best though won't solve anything either though. Infairness i think we'd have seen Sanson start more but Ramsey has been so good lately you can't leave him out.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #1055 on: February 13, 2022, 05:01:15 PM »

I’ve never quite understood what Luiz’s role is supposed to be and what his strengths are

The concept of Douglas Luiz - confident, technically accomplished Brazilian midfielder - always seems at odds with the actuality of Douglas Luiz - sloppy passing, dreadful set pieces, lethargy and dreadful body language.

The only thing that impresses me about him is his girlfriend.

Offline ez

« Reply #1056 on: February 13, 2022, 05:07:00 PM »
Was it Steve Bruce who said, "We don't bother with tactics?" At the moment it looks that way again. Nobody knows what to do.

Offline colin69

« Reply #1057 on: February 13, 2022, 05:44:38 PM »
I’m not 100% convinced by Sanson but I think he deserves a run in the side over JSM or Luik who have both been terrible for quite sometime.

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #1058 on: February 13, 2022, 07:47:27 PM »
« Last Edit: February 16, 2022, 12:04:16 AM by Footy-Vill »

Offline tony scott

• GM : 31.05.2020
« Reply #1059 on: February 13, 2022, 11:22:20 PM »
We seen glimpses of both Samson and Chuk and what I’ve seen Sanson offers us more, but chunks getting the nod why.?

Online OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #1060 on: February 14, 2022, 12:04:33 AM »
Maybe to encourage him to sign a new deal?  Give him time so we can all see where he's at.

Sanson really needs a run now.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #1061 on: February 14, 2022, 09:51:50 AM »
I would like Sanson to start all our remaining matches and John McGinn to be benched for all of our remaining matches.

Mistake aside, he looked very good against manure. I have no problems with bit part players making mistakes because they're match rusty, but there's no excuse for players like McGinn and Luiz who are consistently poor week in, week out.

I'm not against your proposal to be honest, I'm still so angry I'd probably sell the bloody lot of them today if decent bids came in.

But although he looked tidy against Man Utd, it felt like he was still on the periphery of the game until his key pass to Fred, and once he went off we got control of the game and were all over them.

He deserves a chance after that shitshow yesterday though.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #1062 on: February 14, 2022, 09:56:38 AM »

I'm not against your proposal to be honest, I'm still so angry I'd probably sell the bloody lot of them today if decent bids came in.

But although he looked tidy against Man Utd, it felt like he was still on the periphery of the game until his key pass to Fred, and once he went off we got control of the game and were all over them.

I keep thinking back to the Chelsea league Cup game, where against a pretty much full strength top 3 side, he was the best player on the pitch. He deserves a run of games to show what he can do. McGinn and Luiz have had a run of games, and they've both been shit.

Offline Beard82

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #1063 on: February 14, 2022, 09:58:59 AM »

I keep thinking back to the Chelsea league Cup game, where against a pretty much full strength top 3 side, he was the best player on the pitch. He deserves a run of games to show what he can do. McGinn and Luiz have had a run of games, and they've both been shit.
hard to argue with that

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #1064 on: February 14, 2022, 10:00:30 AM »
No arguments from me

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal