collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Chelsea 1-1 Aston Villa Post Match Thread  (Read 18327 times)

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
Re: Chelsea 1-1 Aston Villa Post Match Thread
« Reply #225 on: December 29, 2020, 02:18:38 PM »
There was a comment early on about Jack going down easily after he appealed for the throw in.
Then another comment saying the ref had made it clear that he was not falling for it.
The blokes an idiot.

Offline baddowvillans

« Reply #226 on: December 29, 2020, 02:55:28 PM »
There was a comment early on about Jack going down easily after he appealed for the throw in.
Then another comment saying the ref had made it clear that he was not falling for it.
The blokes an idiot.

Yes that's what started me shouting at the screen.  I think he said something like "it's known that Grealish goes down too easy and the referee has shown h e is having none of it," seconds after Jack had been clattered from behind for the second time in a minute.

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #227 on: December 29, 2020, 03:04:20 PM »
I wasn't too bothered by Beglin but he did try to invent something out of nothing re the pre-goal clash.  Whilst also noticeably agreeing immediately that there was no offside for the Chelsea goal, with no cross lines to prove it.  It was certainly a lot closer than he was making out, but hey it's Chelsea let's not look too closely shall we?

My Chelsea supporting mate thought we played really well and ere well worth the draw and loved McGinn's long range shot - strange to think some were calling for him to be dropped a couple of weeks ago.

Defensively Hause and Konsa look solid but we do lose something going forward without Mings.

Offline ktvillan

« Reply #228 on: December 29, 2020, 03:31:48 PM »
After a bit f DIY Stockley Park, which admittedly is not an exact science,  I reckon this was surely close enough to have warranted a lot more consideration than it got, given the recent offsides against Ollie. 

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #229 on: December 29, 2020, 04:07:46 PM »
That confirms my thought that it looked offside, it's close enough to get the benefit of the doubt so no major complaints from me but it's frustrating that the same approach wasn't used for the 2 Watkins goals.

Online The Charmer

« Reply #230 on: December 29, 2020, 05:08:57 PM »

I was thinking this earlier. Specific to this site. A good many of us have been on here through all the ups and mostly downs of the past 15+ years. It’s just great to begin to see the other side of it. We have a long way to go, but it feels for the first time since probably around 2007 that we might do something really good again.
[/quote]

Yet again, absolutely thrilled to watch this group of players; SJM - MOTM with a quite breathtaking performance.

The point that you make though TV, is one that has crossed my mind several times this season.
Over the last decade, all Villa fans have suffered and there have been a few false dawns along the way.
Combine this with some of the patronising conversations I've had with relatives/colleagues when every thing about the club seemed shite and, in my darkest moments, I really feared for our future.
Who could have truly imagined that we would be finishing this strangest of strange years in such style and with such hope and positivity about the future of our great club.
Eight clean sheets in fourteen games, FFS, eight!  It's a beautiful thing; let's enjoy the ride.

Offline Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #231 on: December 29, 2020, 05:12:40 PM »
After a bit f DIY Stockley Park, which admittedly is not an exact science,  I reckon this was surely close enough to have warranted a lot more consideration than it got, given the recent offsides against Ollie. 

I’m glad it didn’t. It should not even be a consideration to call this offside. I hope they’ve had a re-think and been told to use a bit of common sense. I know it won’t help our recent goals ruled out. We’re not the only ones, there’s been some right stinkers for most teams so far.

Offline RamboandBruno

« Reply #232 on: December 29, 2020, 06:01:19 PM »

I’m glad it didn’t. It should not even be a consideration to call this offside. I hope they’ve had a re-think and been told to use a bit of common sense. I know it won’t help our recent goals ruled out. We’re not the only ones, there’s been some right stinkers for most teams so far.
[/quoute

Hundred percent agree. I don’t want this to be called offside, and I don’t Want footie supporters getting drawn into this kind of debate. It’s not different to Watkins goal against West Brom, that is true, but doesn’t mean that two wrongs make a right.
EST

Online tomd2103

« Reply #233 on: December 29, 2020, 06:22:00 PM »
That confirms my thought that it looked offside, it's close enough to get the benefit of the doubt so no major complaints from me but it's frustrating that the same approach wasn't used for the 2 Watkins goals.

I'm sure I heard the commentator say last night that the arm is no longer being considered in these decisions, like it was for Ollie Watkins at West Ham.  Haven't seen or heard anything official about that, so was wondering when that decision was made. 

Offline algy

• GM : 23.03.2025
« Reply #234 on: December 29, 2020, 06:23:48 PM »

Without wanting to pee on anyone's chips, the line's not parallel with the penalty area one. If you look to the far side of the penalty area, the distance is probably double that on the near side.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #235 on: December 29, 2020, 07:34:50 PM »

Ha ha, nice one!  It's as least as accurate as they manage!

Offline ktvillan

« Reply #236 on: December 30, 2020, 02:52:45 PM »
I drew the line directly on top of the penalty area line and moved it across without tilting it.   It didn't look quite right so I adjusted it at the top to make that side nearer to the penalty box edge.  So if anything it's skewed the other way.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal