collapse collapse

Please donate to help keep this site going.
January 22, 2021, 05:36:33 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 554 | Comments: 12

"Bliss was it in that dawn ...
January 18, 2021, 09:08:53 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 741 | Comments: 5

The Villa have been playing ca...
January 17, 2021, 06:10:15 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 1214 | Comments: 15

Jimmy Rimmer, Nigel Spink and ...
January 13, 2021, 02:59:00 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 1020 | Comments: 9

There have been some fairly ug...
January 08, 2021, 02:00:55 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 1086 | Comments: 0

As a one time moderately succe...

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The Squad - Upgrades/Additions Needed?  (Read 3223 times)

Offline ChicagoLion

Re: The Squad - Upgrades/Additions Needed?
« Reply #45 on: December 04, 2020, 09:55:54 AM »
There's always Keinan, of course.
He has changed his name to Keinan Davis-Injured

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 15.03.2020
« Reply #46 on: December 04, 2020, 09:59:16 AM »
Yes, ok. That would be great.

Better than one of those vague PM warnings about conduct that can't be replied to (or at least I think can't be replied to).

Deep breathing pal. If you get canned, I canít take the piss out of you for listening to Christmas carols!

I said before we played Brighton that Danny Welbeck would have been a good backup for Ollie. Clearly not the age of player we sign now, but a one year contact might have tempted him and wouldíve given us a chance to take Ollie off after 70 if itís not working.

I still worry about Watkins getting injured and us being totally knackered.

Haha. Ok. I'll do my best. I've had carols on today, also. The King Singers! They're the only non heavy music I listen to. Hope you're doing well, mate.

Offline wince

« Reply #47 on: December 04, 2020, 05:55:10 PM »
Yes, ok. That would be great.

Better than one of those vague PM warnings about conduct that can't be replied to (or at least I think can't be replied to).

Deep breathing pal. If you get canned, I canít take the piss out of you for listening to Christmas carols!

I said before we played Brighton that Danny Welbeck would have been a good backup for Ollie. Clearly not the age of player we sign now, but a one year contact might have tempted him and wouldíve given us a chance to take Ollie off after 70 if itís not working.

I still worry about Watkins getting injured and us being totally knackered.

Haha. Ok. I'll do my best. I've had carols on today, also. The King Singers! They're the only non heavy music I listen to. Hope you're doing well, mate.
You need banning for carols! Unless they are heavy metal ones.

I am concerned we donít have adequate cover for strikers and Ollie to me looks a tad worrisome at times. And mr hologram/Hourihane whatever we call him is a grafter but goes missing in games but I do think he needs shipping out as the championship is his level. I fear we are stuck in Deanos win/lose streak. Need some gritty draws and stop conceding silly goals. Never happened whilst he has been in charge. We are either brilliant or losing.

Offline Abbeyfealeavfc

« Reply #48 on: December 04, 2020, 06:04:17 PM »
"Whatever we call him"
Be strong pal, write in the 1st person and don't succumb to the peer pressure in the playground.

Offline dcdavecollett

« Reply #49 on: December 05, 2020, 12:18:35 AM »
I understand Keinan Davis-Injured is now back in training.

Offline ChicagoLion

« Reply #50 on: December 05, 2020, 12:03:43 PM »

;)

Offline Dante Lavelli

• GM : 11.09.2021
« Reply #51 on: December 05, 2020, 03:39:03 PM »
In every scenario I think we will need a CM come the summer so that must be the priority.
Iím not convinced but AMR but we havenít player Traore much so getting a new guy in there would be throwing good money after bad.

Offline Footy-Vill

• Premier League must stop. Save Lives.
  • GM : 06.09.2021
« Reply #52 on: December 17, 2020, 09:26:04 AM »
An improvement in squad depth is needed but quality reinforcements in full backs position particularly Left back
Taylor is out of contract in summer so a left back is imperative to boost squad depth in this role

I would argue by the summer a right back too is needed as another to fit Dean Smith profile.

A striker to dovetail with Watkins and be competitive to first team place and another midfielder to provide the extra drive and dynamism.

I've come to the conclusion that Davies needs a loan spell away to get him going.
This is providing Villa sign up a quality striker in January window
I fear Wesley will be a long while getting up to speed to be fair that's a nasty injury so how he will turn out just don't know
Main thing is his recovery so don't want to berate the chap as don't think he's a prem level player but when fit I guess he's considered ahead of Davies.
I prefer Davies of the 2

But would much prefer a new striker to add in to the squad.

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #53 on: December 17, 2020, 09:35:04 AM »
*Davis !! Keinan/Steve DAVIS, Curtis/Kevin DAVIES!

Offline Footy-Vill

« Reply #54 on: December 17, 2020, 09:55:25 AM »
*Davis !! Keinan/Steve DAVIS, Curtis/Kevin DAVIES!

Oh yes sorry . Well let's bring in Ben Davies for left back role

Offline JJ-AV

• GM : 22.02.2020
« Reply #55 on: December 17, 2020, 12:22:27 PM »
Taylor, Engels, Nakamba, Hourihane, Trez, Anwar, Davis

Those are the players we should be looking at upgrading over the next 2-3 windows for me.

January would probably be a less-aggressive approach and waiting for openings to reduce the workload in the Summer. Also get the ball rolling on the Barkley move. Ramsey might fill one slot too.

Offline Footy-Vill

« Reply #56 on: January 23, 2021, 03:30:22 PM »
Taylor, Engels, Nakamba, Hourihane, Trez, Anwar, Davis

Those are the players we should be looking at upgrading over the next 2-3 windows for me.

January would probably be a less-aggressive approach and waiting for openings to reduce the workload in the Summer. Also get the ball rolling on the Barkley move. Ramsey might fill one slot too.
In next 2 or 3 windows im unsure of losing Trez and El Ghazi but
I would ultimately add Wesley (contract expires 20 24) to be upgraded we don't need reminding how ill suited he is and being unable to reach our now higher levels hope to get some funds in. I feel both he and  Nakamba, who is here also till summer 2024 just won't offer enough to compete for a starting place.  Good luck but not for me in Dean Smith style of play.
Get Davis a loan now this window.

In contract terms we have Taylor , Elmo and Lansbury expiring in summer
Certainly would look to release these
Guilbert would have 18 months left come the summer so would look to get a value by shipping him either loan to buy this window and full sale summer for maximum transfer value as he's not being kept.

I like to think we can use the academy and bring through some full backs positions as well as integrate Barry and Ramsey and any others see fit over the next 18 months
That's around 4 windows which could see players come in their positions?

Ideally upgrades needed in forward positions probably 2 one in competition to Watkins and one who can play wide/striker
Add defender to come in for Engels and maybe one full back who can play both sides. But ultimately I would upgrade target to.

Would be good to start having a squad better than Leicester City rather than something like Southampton both progressing teams , good managers an identity of playing but Villa have the resources and ability to build a highly competitive squad.

« Last Edit: January 23, 2021, 03:32:00 PM by Footy-Vill »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal