collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: West Ham vs Aston Villa post match thread  (Read 16062 times)

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
Re: West Ham vs Aston Villa post match thread
« Reply #75 on: November 30, 2020, 10:50:56 PM »
That's unbelievable.  They didn't show the foul on Sky, but that's literally the VAR team's one job.  That's nearly as bad as the Fernandes one last season.  For them to take nearly three minutes and then still get it completely wrong is totally unacceptable.  I'd rather just have the normal refs doing their best.

Offline Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
« Reply #76 on: November 30, 2020, 10:51:26 PM »
Just seen a different angle, it should have been a penalty anyway

It can’t be a foul and therefore can’t be a penalty if the attacker is offside.

The reason he was offside is because he was being fouled.

You can argue that until your blue in the face it wasn’t a penalty.
Carragher and Neville have shown beyond any doubt it should have been a penalty. Watkins only gets his arm offside after he tries to get out of the stranglehold their player had him in.

I’ve just seen those pictures and the replays again after I switched off in disgust at the final whistle. Can’t really argue with that, why didn’t VAR pick that up then?

Offline Bobby Boy

• GM : 20.04.2022
« Reply #77 on: November 30, 2020, 10:51:41 PM »
We can scream injustice all we like, the bottom line is we have now conceded 11 goals against Leeds, Soton, Brighton and West Ham and in every game missed some absolute sitters. That’s just fecking poor. We’ve utterly Squanto our great start. Big game now against Newcastle.

Massive game. No excuses. No fuck ups. No controversies.

Let's have one of those routine wins we've been talking about.

Offline Lastfootstamper

« Reply #78 on: November 30, 2020, 10:51:49 PM »
It’s about belief, we dominate a game and still manage to lose.
There is a problem,not sure what it is but I would start with the defense.

We've missed a penalty and yet another fucking sitter, McGinn's shite right foot, off target with a fantastically positioned free kick and a header from six yards out, restricted the opposition to two efforts on target, and people think it's the defence that's the problem? Lots and lots and lots and fucking lots of shooting practice wouldn't go amiss, imho.

Offline avfcpg

• http://www.flashfitness.me
« Reply #79 on: November 30, 2020, 10:52:06 PM »

It's a nailed on penalty but they get so carried away with the offside that the basics are being missed. Same with Fernandes vs us... he actually fouled our player, but that's not what they were looking at..just looking at contact.
For offsides, just draw the fucking lines to the back foot or even front foot. It's a lot clearer with the technology they have and not one fan, player, manager or referee would argue that rule... 

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #80 on: November 30, 2020, 10:52:25 PM »
Everyone keeps talking about this and that the amount of possession we had  and VAR but the bottom line is we are letting in goals for fun and we’ve just lost four out of the last five like or not ladies and gentlemen that’s relegation form
That's the spirit

He's right though.  Four defeats from five and 11 goals conceded against Leeds, Southampton, Brighton and West Ham. Mostly really cheap goals where we didn't lay a glove on them.  We need to cut that out.  Conceding two goals a game is what nearly did for us last season.

With all that we've still got the 6th best defensive record in the league if I've added up correctly looking at the latest table.

Think a bigger problem is we simply don't have enough of a killer instinct if the chance dosen't fall to Jack or perhaps Barkley.

Striker missing penalties at key points isn't great either and what can you say about Trez finishing in last few games....thank god he got hot in the run in last season but a composure finisher when he has a bit of time to think he certainly isn't.

Seems we're only clinical for some reason in the really tough games. Liverpool enough said and Leicester we scored with only decent chance and Arsenal was probably the opposite of tonight, we scored at exactly the right times.

Strange season so far but I'm enjoying it. We're a threat at this level again which is enough for me for now.

Offline Villan82

« Reply #81 on: November 30, 2020, 10:52:34 PM »
We played really poorly at times and really well. We deserved to take something from that game. Hourihane needs to not complain about being dropped because he was awful. Trezeguet is the one of the most wasteful players I can remember playing for us. 4 defeats in 5 now. Not good at all.

Disagree

We lose too many games, we ship too many soft goals. We need to pull our socks up, fast.

Online CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #82 on: November 30, 2020, 10:53:04 PM »
Everyone keeps talking about this and that the amount of possession we had  and VAR but the bottom line is we are letting in goals for fun and we’ve just lost four out of the last five like or not ladies and gentlemen that’s relegation form

Wilma?

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #83 on: November 30, 2020, 10:53:27 PM »
We will win the next five. Not too worried yet.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #84 on: November 30, 2020, 10:53:28 PM »

I think you will find a number of goals have been disallowed  or penalties not given because of an infringement earlier in the play. Foul came before offside.

Agreed. It's not like he was stood 3 yards offside.  He was level with the attacker and the only thing that then became offside was his arm as a result of being fouled.

Online Astnor

« Reply #85 on: November 30, 2020, 10:54:26 PM »
It’s about belief, we dominate a game and still manage to lose.
There is a problem,not sure what it is but I would start with the defense.

We've missed a penalty and yet another fucking sitter, McGinn's shite right foot, off target with a fantastically positioned free kick and a header from six yards out, restricted the opposition to two efforts on target, and people think it's the defence that's the problem? Lots and lots and lots and fucking lots of shooting practice wouldn't go amiss, imho.
You could say we where allowed to attack and dominate the game because they were in the lead for most of the game.

Online The Edge

« Reply #86 on: November 30, 2020, 10:54:33 PM »

Carragher and Neville have shown beyond any doubt it should have been a penalty. Watkins only gets his arm offside after he tries to get out of the stranglehold their player had him in.

I’ve just seen those pictures and the replays again after I switched off in disgust at the final whistle. Can’t really argue with that, why didn’t VAR pick that up then?
That's the million dollar question. Carragher nailed it with "the var officials are busy drawing lines all over the screen and they completely miss this. Forget the offside. It's a penalty "

Offline nordenvillain

« Reply #87 on: November 30, 2020, 10:55:00 PM »
It was McGiin, Luiz and Hourihane, not the defenders, who lost Ogbonna for the first goal.  Three of them went with the other two West Ham players while Ogbonna went the other way.
This

The whole zonal marking for corners is a shambles.  It always leads to Mings not marking anyone, when he should be picking up the big and strong players attacking the ball. I can't believe Smith and co watch it fail every week and don't do anything about it.

Offline Lastfootstamper

« Reply #88 on: November 30, 2020, 10:55:03 PM »

The PGMOL have said it wasn't a clear and obvious error. Well, they're hardly likely to admit they hadn't even looked, are they?

Offline villadelph

• @villadelph
« Reply #89 on: November 30, 2020, 10:55:41 PM »
I am exhausted discussing referees and VAR after every match.

The PGMOL cannot be responsible for reviewing/auditing their performances. It has to be an unassociated third party, it’s the only way to make it fair.

I want to boycott the game so badly because of what it’s become, but I cannot throw away my support for the club.

Club executives need to gather and do something about this. 

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal