collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Villa Park Redevelopment by Clampy
[Today at 11:52:46 AM]

Gordon Cowans by Nunkin1965
[Today at 11:01:49 AM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by Nev
[Today at 10:25:19 AM]

FFP by thick_mike
[Today at 10:19:47 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Baldy
[Today at 10:14:15 AM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Ian.
[Today at 10:01:07 AM]

Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: West Ham vs Aston Villa post match thread  (Read 16090 times)

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
Re: West Ham vs Aston Villa post match thread
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2020, 10:28:09 PM »
Anyway we ve got an exiting Villa team and future back. It would take a lot to be (stable) amongst the better teams I guess. Nearly teams hit the woodwork and are nearly onside and seems to have some bad luck. Reality is teams and managers such as those from Brighton, Southampton and West ham are better than us as the moment. My expetations for the season are lowered after a (bit too) promising start.

I fancy us to finish above two of those which will likely mean top half. There's a good 11 there now if not a squad and quality plan B options on the bench for last 20 minutes of games we're losing.

Think it's important we show patience as they've produced plenty of good stuff already this season along with the obligatory comical halves of football but that is life of a mid table team.

We do need to beat Newcastle as I don't fancy us to do much at Wolves. Do that and table will be looking good again.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2020, 10:28:42 PM »
It was McGiin, Luiz and Hourihane, not the defenders, who lost Ogbonna for the first goal.  Three of them went with the other two West Ham players while Ogbonna went the other way.

The whole zonal marking for corners is a shambles.  It always leads to Mings not marking anyone, when he should be picking up the big and strong players attacking the ball. I can't believe Smith and co watch it fail every week and don't do anything about it.

Offline RamboandBruno

« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2020, 10:29:28 PM »
Dean has to make a decision with the defence and shake things up because we're shipping goals like last season. i'd like to see someone dropped if he's got the bottle to do it. Defence cost us the game not VAR, or watkins miss. midfield poor. Grealish doing his party tricks and trying to beat half their team again. last season deja vu indeed.  I wouldn't mind so much but west ham were crap, really poor imo. Them being 5th is worthy of an episode of Arthur C Clarke's mysterious world (one for the kids etc..). Utter arse overall.

Two really soft goals, but have to disagree it’s anything like last season. We absolutely dominated that game, we never dominated any games like that last season that I can remember. A couple of sitters and a penalty missed, so architects of our downfall to an extent, but VAR did deny us a draw that was more than deserved.
On VAR in general, the absolute worst element of it, as Watkins scored, I celebrated, my 10 year old sat there and said ‘naw dad VAR will rule it out’. That’s before the replay. Totally taking the joy out of football for kids, that’s the worst bit.

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2020, 10:29:58 PM »
sorry but if you ship 2 goals against that west ham side then something is wrong with the defence. They had 2 shots at goal, they were literally playing for a draw at home.. What is that now 13 goals in 7 games?

Online Nunkin1965

• This is only a problem.
« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2020, 10:30:06 PM »
We’re improving.
It’s a tough defeat again but in comparison to last season we’re going places.
But VAR Wow!

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2020, 10:30:10 PM »
we will be the better side by far in both games we play this week

the fact we wont win both means questions need to be asked as to why

Online AlexAlexCropley

« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2020, 10:30:22 PM »
Dean has to make a decision with the defence and shake things up because we're shipping goals like last season. i'd like to see someone dropped if he's got the bottle to do it. Defence cost us the game not VAR, or watkins miss. midfield poor. Grealish doing his party tricks and trying to beat half their team again. last season deja vu indeed.  I wouldn't mind so much but west ham were crap, really poor imo. Them being 5th is worthy of an episode of Arthur C Clarke's mysterious world (one for the kids etc..). Utter arse overall.
Give me Grealish and party tricks any day of the week

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2020, 10:30:38 PM »
The more Neville and Carragher analyse that incident the more I'm fucking fuming.

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #38 on: November 30, 2020, 10:32:01 PM »
Worryingly we are unable to get anything from a game if we concede first. That is a serious weakness at this level.
It is for any football team. I was mildly encouraged that we had managed to equalise in the last two games after being a goal down but follow up play  in both was feeble.

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #39 on: November 30, 2020, 10:32:04 PM »
I dont know what were doing on defending set pieces but Vestegaard and Ogbonna scoring free headers with Mings and Konsa nowhere near them is not right at all.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #40 on: November 30, 2020, 10:33:02 PM »
Utter shambles. VAR, not us. Apart from the two goals we conceded.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #41 on: November 30, 2020, 10:33:26 PM »
If you think that was like last season then you didn't watch any of last season. When did we go away and absolutely boss a side for the overwhelming majority of the game? Norwich and Burnley. And we won.

That performance wins us 99 games out of 100. The VAR decision is the shit cherry and the fucking cake.

The game has well and truly fucking gone.

Offline clash city rocker

« Reply #42 on: November 30, 2020, 10:33:48 PM »
If I had the fitness of trez I reckon I could knock in 60 a season given the positions he gets into.

Offline The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #43 on: November 30, 2020, 10:34:06 PM »
Is there a single fan, player or manager, just one, who thinks fucking VAR has given anything to the game. It’s destroying it.
I've been against var ever since Kevin Friend shafted us at Crystal Palace. But I still talk to people who think it's a positive thing for football. Heels have been dug in massively.

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #44 on: November 30, 2020, 10:34:21 PM »

Two really soft goals, but have to disagree it’s anything like last season. We absolutely dominated that game, we never dominated any games like that last season that I can remember. A couple of sitters and a penalty missed, so architects of our downfall to an extent, but VAR did deny us a draw that was more than deserved.
On VAR in general, the absolute worst element of it, as Watkins scored, I celebrated, my 10 year old sat there and said ‘naw dad VAR will rule it out’. That’s before the replay. Totally taking the joy out of football for kids, that’s the worst bit.

smart kid. to be honest, the commentators were calling it. If they disallow stuff like the bamford goal, then Watkins was deffo offside by those standards.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal