collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: January Transfer Window  (Read 172326 times)

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
Re: January Transfer Window
« Reply #990 on: January 21, 2021, 10:56:15 AM »
£7m then, or £10m and Lansbury, final offer.

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #991 on: January 21, 2021, 11:05:48 AM »
He is called "Henri". This one looks like a goer to me.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #992 on: January 21, 2021, 01:26:43 PM »
Some good strikers already moving around, Wolves getting in Willian Jose who's pretty decent in la Liga. Loan with option to buy which isn't a suprise in modern climate and I suspect we'll get in a striker on that sort of deal in next two weeks.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #993 on: January 21, 2021, 02:30:28 PM »
more important to me than any other position in this window - i love Watkins but he's running on fumes at the moment. I know Bert can play centrally but we need another CF desperately.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #994 on: January 21, 2021, 02:52:49 PM »
Didn't think he looked tired at all yesterday. In the 80th minute he cut them open and but for Dias getting some almight luck, we score.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #995 on: January 21, 2021, 02:58:34 PM »
According to France Football we offered €7m

Sounds like a Tottingham Hotspurs type offer.

If only we had Onomah to tempt them with.

We've got Lansbury.

Can't really blame him, but I bet Lansbury can't believe his luck.  Was at a middling Championship club and is now probably a multi millionaire for life on the back of playing a handful of games in four years. 

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #996 on: January 21, 2021, 03:23:49 PM »
If we don't get this Samson guy in sharpish we're going to regret letting Hourihane go when we did.

Offline godzvilla

« Reply #997 on: January 21, 2021, 03:40:04 PM »
re Morgan Sansom.
when Arsenal were recently connected with
Morgan Sansom,who, allegedly,,we are in talks with,
an article appeared in the Arse Fanzine 'Arsenal Core', entitled "why arsenal should not sign , Morgan Sansom, part of which which did not make encouraging reading:

He is a very intelligent midfielder but he tries to dribble a lot and thus loses possession of the ball too often. Morgan tries to keep the ball with him as much as he can and this attracts fouls which makes him more vulnerable to injuries. Standing 180 cm tall he does not hold a good record in aerial duels and his passing skills are not exceptionally good.
Arsenal intend to sign more midfielders this season as they believe a creative midfield would help them a lot in retaining back their status and top spot, and that’s completely true!

the price of the right footed midfielder ( Sansom ) is way too much to ask for and that is a big reason why Arsenal should not sign him

He is a very intelligent midfielder but he tries to dribble a lot and thus loses possession of the ball too often. Morgan tries to keep the ball with him as much as he can and this attracts fouls which makes him more vulnerable to injuries. Standing 180 cm(  about 5ft 10in) tall he does not hold a good record in aerial duels and his passing skills are not exceptionally good.

morgansanson

Although his defensive contribution is excellent but many a times he gets so aggressive that he commits fouls when they are not needed (Yes, like Xhaka

He is a very intelligent midfielder but he tries to dribble a lot and thus loses possession of the ball too often. Morgan tries to keep the ball with him as much as he can and this attracts fouls which makes him more vulnerable to injuries. Standing 180 cm tall he does not hold a good record in aerial duels and his passing skills are not exceptionally good.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #998 on: January 21, 2021, 04:20:53 PM »
We finally have a recruitment and coaching team that I have confidence in. If there's areas to his game that need improvement, I've got faith that our people will make him a better player. It's been quite the opposite in the past.

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #999 on: January 21, 2021, 04:38:09 PM »
They still need to teach Traore how to help out his full back effectively and to practice training sessions just using his left peg. On the flip side, he's the first player ever with the skill to leave De Bruyne floored (litrilly).

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #1000 on: January 21, 2021, 04:50:36 PM »
He does 1 phenominally good thing a game were you think fucking hell. His tracking back was very poor last night though, Foden snd Cancelo/Zinchenko were doubling up on Cash all game.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #1001 on: January 21, 2021, 05:02:45 PM »
He does 1 phenominally good thing a game were you think fucking hell. His tracking back was very poor last night though, Foden snd Cancelo/Zinchenko were doubling up on Cash all game.

It has been in a number of recent games.  Think it will certainly be an area that teams will look to exploit.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #1002 on: January 21, 2021, 05:09:57 PM »
He's got an annoying habit of slicing attempted clearances to the edge of our area as well.

Offline TonyD

« Reply #1003 on: January 21, 2021, 06:18:47 PM »
You can do silky stuff up the pitch but if you don’t track back then forget it.
We can see how quickly he learns.  It ain’t rocket science. 

Offline Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #1004 on: January 21, 2021, 06:30:02 PM »
We finally have a recruitment and coaching team that I have confidence in. If there's areas to his game that need improvement, I've got faith that our people will make him a better player. It's been quite the opposite in the past.

Yes, but if 'Arsenal Core' said have said it three times then it can't be denied that he isn't much cop.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal