collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Photo ID now required to purchase tickets  (Read 15797 times)

Online Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
Re: Photo ID now required to purchase tickets
« Reply #75 on: October 22, 2020, 09:31:53 PM »
There is already an existing app for that. Pubs are not making people obtain photo ID to use their premises, football clubs don't need to.

This is ID cards by the back door.

Is correct, you don’t need a photo to check in with NHS track and trace.

But there is no dynamic which would make people want to use normal track and trace whilst masquerading as someone else.

There quite clearly is when you're dealing with football grounds with a few thousand in rather than fifty thousand. For a start there is a massive market right there for touting tickets.

Amazed so many people struggling with this.

So with a reduced capacity of season ticket holders the club has picked logs in with track and trace, you know if the right people have been, unless of course the ticket owner sells their ticket and lends them their phone as well. If you don’t have a phone you can register another way. I don’t like the implication that I am guilty of being a ticket tout because I am a ST holder.

The club wouldn't have the track & trace data, it's anonymous and it's not retained by the venue.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #76 on: October 22, 2020, 09:33:32 PM »
Hopefully as many tinfoil hat conspiracy theorists as possible don't upload a photo, thus increasing everybody else's chance of getting a ticket in the ballot!

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #77 on: October 22, 2020, 09:48:07 PM »
I went in the local library not long back and they do track and trace. No photo ID needed there. Same as pubs as already mentioned and loads of other places.

Anyone tried to sell you a ticket at 10x face value to get into your library or pub because the numbers are limited?

That is exactly what will happen for football matches - something you used to sell 40,000 tickets for every game and suddenly you can only sell 2,000 - basic economics, the tickets, if transferrable, would start changing hands at massive mark up.

It isn't about touting. From the actual email...

"As part of our coronavirus safety features, all supporters will now need to a provide photo ID to gain entry. This is to help ensure government guidelines on social distancing are being maintained when it is possible to welcome you back to Villa Park."

They are claiming it is to do with Covid despite, so far as I can see, no other establishment taking similar preventative measures.

Offline Risso

« Reply #78 on: October 22, 2020, 09:55:14 PM »
The fans at the Brighton test friendly game had to have photo ID and only the named ticket holder was allowed in.  This is clearly just following on from that.

Offline Ben.H

« Reply #79 on: October 22, 2020, 10:30:06 PM »
https://ask.tottenhamhotspur.com/hc/en-us/articles/360016386499-ID-Validation-and-Season-Ticket-Amnesty-FAQs

It's not just us, I bet every club will have to do it.  The FAQs on this are interesting.

Offline Risso

« Reply #80 on: October 22, 2020, 10:47:42 PM »
The Spurs requirements seem a lot more onerous. A copy of your passport rather than just a smartphone selfie.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #81 on: October 22, 2020, 11:07:59 PM »
Insisting on a valid passport (for non-drivers) when lots of people won't have bothered to renew their passports seems particularly stupid. Also, if you have thousands of people carrying passports in their back pockets there is a chance some will go missing or get nicked. Are you then banned from attending games until a new one comes through?
« Last Edit: October 22, 2020, 11:19:25 PM by cdbullyweefan »

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #82 on: October 22, 2020, 11:16:24 PM »
The most obvious FAQ isn't answered  - how long will this be in operation for?

Online Lastfootstamper

« Reply #83 on: October 22, 2020, 11:17:14 PM »
Veering slightly off topic, I do like the spuds Ticket Share facility. https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/tickets/ticket-share/

Offline sid1964

« Reply #84 on: October 23, 2020, 07:48:10 AM »
Talking to a Wolves fan who is a season ticket holder - they have not yet been asked to provide a photo  -  they have been asked who is in there "group" (who they attend games with)

Online Lastfootstamper

« Reply #85 on: October 23, 2020, 08:18:06 AM »
Talking to a Wolves fan who is a season ticket holder - they have not yet been asked to provide a photo  -  they have been asked who is in there "group" (who they attend games with)

Should reduced numbers of us be allowed in, I do hope it's groups entered into any ballot rather than everyone as an individual. As much as I want to go back, I don't really want to go on my own.

Offline Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #86 on: October 23, 2020, 08:35:58 AM »
We need to send a photo so that we can be identified when we present our ticket at the turnstyle? But won’t we all be wearing a mask when we get to the turnstyles? Or does the photo we submit have to be one where we’re wearing a mask?

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #87 on: October 23, 2020, 09:14:07 AM »
I know a few people who buy a ST whos kids share it, some go one week, some the next. This would stop this happening I guess?

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #88 on: October 23, 2020, 09:23:15 AM »
Yeah I used to sit by a lady and one of her two sons, as the the two boys would take it in turns as one worked weekends the other worked nights. It worked well for them to share a ticket. This would stop some arrangement like that.

They are causing inconvenience to lots of fans for no benefit that I can see. Did they even consult with the Trust before coming out with these ideas?
« Last Edit: October 23, 2020, 09:28:08 AM by cdbullyweefan »

Online Lastfootstamper

« Reply #89 on: October 23, 2020, 09:37:58 AM »
The blurb on the site says that it'll be used on e-tickets, no mention whatsoever of it being used with physical tickets or cards.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal