collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Photo ID now required to purchase tickets  (Read 15990 times)

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
Re: Photo ID now required to purchase tickets
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2020, 08:59:58 PM »
Are we not taking the club at its word that it's just for anti-coronavirus measures?  If and when fans are allowed back, I expect it'll be about 25% capacity, so crowds taking ages to get in aren't going to be a problem.  Anybody hoping for a decent track and trace system as part of the plan to defeat the virus is going to have to get used to measures like this.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2020, 09:14:27 PM »
Are we not taking the club at its word that it's just for anti-coronavirus measures?  If and when fans are allowed back, I expect it'll be about 25% capacity, so crowds taking ages to get in aren't going to be a problem.  Anybody hoping for a decent track and trace system as part of the plan to defeat the virus is going to have to get used to measures like this.

I'm a long way from thinking Bill Gates wants to stick a chip up my nose but the implications of this are concerning. Add clubs' desire to control every penny of their  supporters spending to the tried and tested methods of trailing police measures on football before unleashing them on the public and you get a combination that could never end. 

Offline amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2020, 09:31:26 PM »
Which is weird because you are actually allowed to pas your season ticket on when you can’t use it.
I have openly done this loads of times. I ring the ticket office, tell them I can’t make it, & ask them to download me a paper ticket for a friend.
Give them that they have allowed this for years, I can’t see why the photo ID would be used for this reason.

I can see the point for away tickets, or for tickets at the moment when numbers are going to be really limited.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2020, 09:37:39 PM »
It also will reinforce the increasing pattern, even if and when full crowds return, that unless you are lucky enough to be able to attend every away game, you'll find it virtually impossible to attend any. Which is shit.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2020, 09:44:12 PM by cdbullyweefan »

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2020, 09:43:09 PM »
It seems to me to be yet another infringement that will be passed off as necessary and eventually be accepted as normal.

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2020, 09:50:43 PM »
I'm fine with this, I carry photo ID with me at all times anyway.

Offline RamboandBruno

« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2020, 09:54:12 PM »
Do not see how it helps with track and trace at all. The track and trace system like most things this Govt to are defunct, but even so how’s photo Id going to help? If and when we’re let back in, they have the track and trace QR codes in every section of the ground presumably, if someone on my row tests positive they can contact everyone in that vicinity of the ground.
This sounds like a means of control and monitoring way beyond Covid.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #37 on: October 21, 2020, 09:54:58 PM »
Next to no chance of me getting a ticket with 25% capacity (was hard enough last season) so not too concerned but yeah feels like one of those things that will be hailed as a success by club a few months after launching and will contrinue when the crisis is over.

Interested how it would work for general sale games in future. That won't be premier league for quite a while but a cup tie v lower league will also have a few empty seats so I assume just the person who gets the tickets will need the ID like just one person has to track and trace going into a pub?

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #38 on: October 21, 2020, 10:21:28 PM »
People rightly say the response to the coronavirus has been shit, but then get all angsty when some mild infringement of perceived liberties is involved.  In South Korea, they track people's credit card spending to see where they've been if they test positive.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #39 on: October 21, 2020, 11:17:49 PM »
Has anyone else had the email? I've not, though I'm not a season ticket holder.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #40 on: October 21, 2020, 11:20:13 PM »
People rightly say the response to the coronavirus has been shit, but then get all angsty when some mild infringement of perceived liberties is involved.  In South Korea, they track people's credit card spending to see where they've been if they test positive.

I've ditched the NHS app. Purely because the police are allowed access to the info. I've nothing to hide, but the principle is wrong.

Online AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #41 on: October 21, 2020, 11:29:43 PM »

It’s the thin end of a very shitty wedge though Riss. I’m all for the club gearing up for post Covid access and the measures that will be needed but I’d like to know what my data is going to be used for after that? I realise in the grand scheme of things it’s not that important and there are safety/security issues the club needs to comply with but there needs to be balance and the club needs to display its observing that balance.

Offline sid1964

« Reply #42 on: October 22, 2020, 08:00:07 AM »
i remember many years ago if you wanted to be a member of the travellers club - you had to provide a photo

I am really against this idea - is the only reason for COV-id? - surely they cannot tell if you have the disease by looking at your photo - i think I will provide one of me when I was 21 (I am now 56), i looked a lot better in photos then.

Offline Scratchins

• GM : 19.11.2024
« Reply #43 on: October 22, 2020, 08:43:12 AM »
I wonder if a condition of reopening will be that everyone who has been in the ground can be traced.

Offline Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #44 on: October 22, 2020, 08:57:24 AM »
If there is an argument with regards to Covid management then I don't have an issue, however if it continues beyond that it will certainly be a negative rather than anything positive.

The genuine exchange of tickets amongst fans has gone on for years without any real issue and to restrict this will discourage so many casual and potential supporters who have their mates ticket, a kids ticket etc and end up being hooked and coming more often.

Some concert promoters and bands introduced something similar where the principal purchaser had to produce photo ID upon entry and be accompanied by the people they had purchased for, however, everyone didn't need photo ID. This, of course, was a response to touting and re-selling websites and was generally welcomed, allied to the fact that there are far fewer instances when an artist plays live than there are football matches featuring your team.

Iron Maiden did it and I bought my ID with me when they played the NIA a couple of years ago.

It was never requested at the door....

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal