collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Gordon Cowans by ChicagoLion
[Today at 12:32:43 PM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by dave.woodhall
[Today at 12:23:44 PM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by ChicagoLion
[Today at 12:19:45 PM]

Champions League Contention by AV82EC
[Today at 12:09:23 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by pablo_picasso
[Today at 12:05:29 PM]

Villa Park Redevelopment by Clampy
[Today at 11:52:46 AM]

FFP by thick_mike
[Today at 10:19:47 AM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Ian.
[Today at 10:01:07 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by ChicagoLion
[Today at 12:32:43 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by dave.woodhall
[Today at 12:23:44 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 12:19:57 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by ChicagoLion
[Today at 12:19:45 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Skerra
[Today at 12:18:27 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by john2710
[Today at 12:11:45 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by AV82EC
[Today at 12:09:23 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by ez
[Today at 12:07:46 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa vs Leeds United Pre match thread - Oct 23rd - 8pm  (Read 18675 times)

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
Re: Aston Villa vs Leeds United Pre match thread - Oct 23rd - 8pm
« Reply #75 on: October 21, 2020, 08:29:46 AM »
3-1 FTDLMBF!
Excellent consonant retch!
They'll always be DL for me.

And the MB current style is repulsive.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #76 on: October 21, 2020, 08:31:35 AM »
https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/leeds-uniteds-kalvin-phillips-ruled-out-shoulder-injury-surgery-not-required-3009721
Thanks Wolves.
Phillips' absence may mean a start for Pablo Hernandez, a much more subtle and effective distributor. However, less fit and easier to manipulate.  One less man-bun as well.

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #77 on: October 21, 2020, 08:43:41 AM »
I really dislike Leeds and their scummy fans, so really hope we win this one. It goes back to the LC final when a load of them (10 or so older heads tried to start trouble with 4 of us fairly young lads at a bus stop near the ground. Nothing too bad happened, but I’ve always hated them since that day. They’re on a par with Man U, blues and Coventry for me. So come on Villa FTF!

I get and share Man U and Blues but who are Coventry? Never heard of 'em.
yeah I know, but I’m from Nuneaton. There’s quite a few Cov supporting wankers in that town. And if you’ve ever been unlucky enough to have a night out in Coventry, you’d understand. We used to mainly avoid it, preferring Leicester- lot more chilled out - and Brum as we got a bit older and in to the clubbing. There’s a Cov fan I know in Brisbane who I used to get along with and have a few beers with. He showed his true colours though and I don’t see him now. His mrs is a dog head - lovely lady. They used to be pretty good value, but the anti- Villa nonsense was never far from the surface with Steve. Didn’t help we’re both fairly passive aggressive. Quite a prominent trait in that part of the Midlands unfortunately.

Offline manic-road

« Reply #78 on: October 21, 2020, 08:51:24 AM »

This will be McGinn talking to Lukas Ayling Friday.

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #79 on: October 21, 2020, 09:24:58 AM »
Who is the ref for this one? Because I can see Jack getting a good kicking from Ayling. Just hope the ref clamps down on any fouls quickly.

2-0 Jack and Ollie.
Not announced until later today.
Paul Tierney with Stuart Attwell on VAR.  Cross everything Tierney doesn’t go down in the warm-up as Mike Dean is fourth official.

I have to say I found Jon Moss awful towards a lot of Villa on Sunday.
Really didn't like his attitude towards Grealish in particular
Anyhow let's hope Play off final ref gives us proper decisions from the upteemth fouls and potential red cards Leeds will have

Who is on pens now that's the question ?

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #80 on: October 21, 2020, 11:36:01 AM »
Welcome back, F-V.

Offline exigo

« Reply #81 on: October 21, 2020, 12:57:04 PM »
Seemed really noticeable on Sunday that we went out of our way before both halves to be smiley and chatty with the ref in the tunnel. Fat lot of good it did mind.

Online maidstonevillain

• GM : 26.11.2024
« Reply #82 on: October 21, 2020, 01:21:45 PM »
Seemed really noticeable on Sunday that we went out of our way before both halves to be smiley and chatty with the ref in the tunnel. Fat lot of good it did mind.

You don't know what he would have been like if they had not been chatty and smiley.

Online Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #83 on: October 21, 2020, 01:31:34 PM »

I remember Graham Poll refereeing us v Chelsea at Stamford Bridge giving a free kick to them in a dangerous position. He was all chatty and smiles with Terry. When one of ours started to discuss the position the kick was being taken from he gave him the most evil look and made to grab a card for such insolence interrupting his conversation with the England centre half. Poll, Winter, Dowd to name but a few only had time for the star players.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #84 on: October 21, 2020, 02:07:02 PM »

I remember Graham Poll refereeing us v Chelsea at Stamford Bridge giving a free kick to them in a dangerous position. He was all chatty and smiles with Terry. When one of ours started to discuss the position the kick was being taken from he gave him the most evil look and made to grab a card for such insolence interrupting his conversation with the England centre half. Poll, Winter, Dowd to name but a few only had time for the star players.

Graham Poll was definitely star struck when it came to Arsenal. As was Phillip Don with Liverpool back in the day which is why he gave us f*ck all in the quarter final at Anfield in 1992.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #85 on: October 21, 2020, 02:25:49 PM »
Villa win. Despite the Leeds media love in I think they will finish closer to bottom place than they will to top place at the end of the season.

Offline avfcpg

• http://www.flashfitness.me
« Reply #86 on: October 21, 2020, 02:34:16 PM »
To be fair, he could have given a foul on Jack in the build up to the goal, but played a great advantage....

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #87 on: October 21, 2020, 02:34:21 PM »
This is an interesting one. Philips being out weakens them, their style of play in most games so far seems setup to be exactly how we'd want them to play, most of their attacking threat seems to be on their left where Cash and Trez do a fantastic job defensively.

All of that means we should be looking at it as a comfortable win but I have a niggly feeling that it'll be harder than that. I've gone for a win and I should be really confident of it but I don't like it when everything seems so stacked in our favour. I'll go for a 4-1 win because that's about how, logically, I see the game going, but I'd be happy to keep the unbeaten run going to match Everton after 5.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #88 on: October 21, 2020, 02:38:42 PM »
This is one of those games. We're in form, against a promoted side. We should win and therefore....

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #89 on: October 21, 2020, 03:00:55 PM »
This is one of those games. We're in form, against a promoted side. We should win and therefore....

Your doubt is just your faith in disapointment.

6-1 Villa.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal