collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa 0 v Stoke 1 Post-Match Thread  (Read 15569 times)

Offline GordonCowansisthegreatest

Re: Aston Villa 0 v Stoke 1 Post-Match Thread
« Reply #90 on: October 01, 2020, 09:39:34 PM »
Hopefully we've got time to shift three or four of these out before the window closes!!

Well I hope the prospective buyers weren’t watching
They probably fell asleep.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #91 on: October 01, 2020, 09:40:28 PM »
With all due respect those people saying they aren’t bothered by it obviously aren’t interested in Villa doing what they and us are in football for.  To win things like er trophies.  24 Fcukin years. 

Offline gpbarr

• GM : 31.03.2017
Re: Aston Villa 0 v Stoke 1 How the hell did we survive post match thread
« Reply #92 on: October 01, 2020, 09:40:31 PM »
The single redeeming feature - will hopefully serve as a reminder that we are not yet capable or strong enough to field a second 11 anywhere near the quality needed.

All 10 can go (I’ll give Ramsey the one pass)

So you'd get rid of Traore after a couple of games?

Harsh perhaps but I would. He was everything tonight that many sources have said he is - half arsed, poor on the ball, lacked discipline.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #93 on: October 01, 2020, 09:40:52 PM »
The single redeeming feature - will hopefully serve as a reminder that we are not yet capable or strong enough to field a second 11 anywhere near the quality needed.

He was certainly the biggest worry for me out there tonight
the rest I know what they are but Traore was supposedly the upgrade on the wingers

can’t judge him on that one performance but if you can’t shine against Stokes seconds then it’s not looking good when it comes to top teams in the prem

So, you are judging him on one performance then?

No, he isn't.

It does sound like it if he suggesting if he cant do it against Stoke, he won't do it against the top teams. It's his second game.

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #94 on: October 01, 2020, 09:42:05 PM »
Traore worries me. Odds on to be this summers dud. Hopefully the only one

After one game? Wow.

nah thought he was bobbins before we bought him. I will wait and see if he proves me wrong.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #95 on: October 01, 2020, 09:42:26 PM »
Traore may end up being more hit than miss, it happens, but deciding after a couple of games seems a bit OTT to me.

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #96 on: October 01, 2020, 09:42:36 PM »
I agree that we were shit, but there's no point going overboard with the second XI. It's unlikely we'll have to use them all at once again.

Online Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #97 on: October 01, 2020, 09:42:47 PM »
Please can we have the Aston Villa v Liverpool thread up soon as it's only on Sunday ...

We can forget all this now

You could always start it yourself.

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #98 on: October 01, 2020, 09:43:45 PM »

Harsh perhaps but I would. He was everything tonight that many sources have said he is - half arsed, poor on the ball, lacked discipline.

It’s not just harsh, it’s absolutely ridiculous. I don’t know whether he’ll succeed or not, but drawing a line under him after two games is just nonsense.

Offline Jaffa

« Reply #99 on: October 01, 2020, 09:44:46 PM »
How many times does our second string squad need to show Dean that they are not very good?

As soon as saw the line up, I wanted my £10 back!

Apart from the obvious players tonight, the rest belong in the bomb squad and if Messrs Smith, Lange & Purslow have said that we are done in the transfer market as far as further incomings are concerned, then we need to wrap the first team in cotton wool & pray for no injuries.

I know Davis has just earned a new contract but he needs to go out on loan for his sake and my anger management.

For Sale / Loan ASAP :- Davis, AEG, Hause, Taylor, Lansbury, Jota, Kalinic, Nyland.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #100 on: October 01, 2020, 09:44:52 PM »
I agree that we were shit, but there's no point going overboard with the second XI. It's unlikely we'll have to use them all at once again.

Yeah, that's true, but it is inevitable that we will have to rely on most of these at some point this season, and they almost all look every bit as shit as they did last year.

The fact we have players as piss poor as Taylor, Lansbury, Hause to name three, on our bench is a matter of real concern.

Oh and right now, if Watkins gets injured, we're relying on a non-scoring striker to provide goals.

Online rougegorge

« Reply #101 on: October 01, 2020, 09:46:30 PM »
FA Cup?

Offline supertom

« Reply #102 on: October 01, 2020, 09:47:05 PM »
We should have showed them a little more respect, but at the same time, you'd have expected certain players in that lineup to do more. Lansbury could have played his final game. We've brought in another player in his position. This may have been a last chance to stake a claim, but he was terrible.

Today showed that if you play without a core of your best players, you'll struggle. I know the liklihood of us getting to two consecutive finals would have been incredibly slim, but it still feels like chucking the tie.

Ramsey did well though, but was one of the few bright spots and seemed the only one confident in his one touch passing. Nakamba can't pass forward, and the chasm between himself and Luiz now is very clear. Luiz can drive the ball forward and find players quicker, and he's more decisive on the ball too. Lansbury was cumbersome and mixed his passing between being overly safe, or overly ambitious. The latter is good if those passes pay off. They didn't. As I say, probably his last chance to keep himself in the thoughts of Smith with Barkley now arriving.

Taylor is hopeless. I'd be very worried to see him coming in should something happen to Targett. Targett is the weak link in our first 11, for sure, but he's serviceable, and doesn't look bewildered when he's in forward positions.

Today also showed the benefits of Trezeguet, who can provide more defensive cover against counter attacks. AEG, we already know just doesn't defend. Traore is the same. You play one of those types of winger, not two. Jack isn't always the best defensively but he still has the fitness and discipline to also track back too.

Hause, who largely has done okay for us when called upon, was worrying today. Must do better. Stoke have perenially been a big side, with brick outhouses, so we looked decidedly lightweight aside from Hause and Davies, but they both lost most of their physical battles. I grant you, in the Premier League, I suspect they'll find many of the physical tussles a little easier. Keinan sadly showed the side of his game we all want him to improve on, but seems like it might be beyond him...he missed a sitter. Lansbury too, blew a free header. Watkins showed the different almost immediately between himself and Davies, just by being assertive and direct and forcing a save from their keeper.

Disappointing but we play again in 3 days against the Champions, so keeping hopefully our star men are fresh. With Barkley having arrived however, I'd have played Conor today.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #103 on: October 01, 2020, 09:47:08 PM »
How many times does our second string squad need to show Dean that they are not very good?

As soon as saw the line up, I wanted my £10 back!

Apart from the obvious players tonight, the rest belong in the bomb squad and if Messrs Smith, Lange & Purslow have said that we are done in the transfer market as far as further incomings are concerned, then we need to wrap the first team in cotton wool & pray for no injuries.

I know Davis has just earned a new contract but he needs to go out on loan for his sake and my anger management.

For Sale / Loan ASAP :- Davis, AEG, Hause, Taylor, Lansbury, Jota, Kalinic, Nyland.

That same second string squad won the previous two rounds.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #104 on: October 01, 2020, 09:47:41 PM »

He was certainly the biggest worry for me out there tonight
the rest I know what they are but Traore was supposedly the upgrade on the wingers

can’t judge him on that one performance but if you can’t shine against Stokes seconds then it’s not looking good when it comes to top teams in the prem

So, you are judging him on one performance then?

No, he isn't.

It does sound like it if he suggesting if he cant do it against Stoke, he won't do it against the top teams. It's his second game.

I know your a massive troll

but 2 games is all we can talk about because that’s all we’ve seen so far what else are we supposed to do

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal