collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by Paul.S
[Today at 07:27:19 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by VillaTim
[Today at 07:23:43 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 07:23:42 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by VillaTim
[Today at 07:22:15 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by OCD
[Today at 07:20:22 PM]

Re: FFP by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 07:17:32 PM]

Re: FFP by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 07:02:54 PM]

Re: FFP by LeeB
[Today at 06:59:38 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Fulham 0-3 Aston Villa Post match thread  (Read 17463 times)

Offline mallo

• GM : 28.03.2021
Re: Fulham 0-3 Aston Villa Post match thread
« Reply #225 on: September 29, 2020, 01:26:27 PM »
Happy with another win and a clean sheet - we seem to know now the intensity and strength needed to compete, albeit Fulham are their own worst enemies. Watkins did well for me - plenty movement and he started the move for the second goal by actually doing something from a throw in. I think he'll score 10-15 this season. I'd much rather him up front that Wesley, lets put it that way.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #226 on: September 29, 2020, 01:27:04 PM »
Important to make note that if you discount that goal not given for a foul, Fulham really only had one really good shot on goal which Martinez pushed on to the bar. Sheff Utd didn’t have anything of note either. What I’m enjoying as much as anything is the defensive discipline we have carried over from the end of last season. And it was great to watch our players just throwing themselves into blocking the ball. There was a mini spell last night where we blocked three in row. It showed just resilience, determination and will build trust and unity amongst that group. A massive test on Saturday now. I don’t expect a clean sheet but will be interesting to see how do against the very best.

Offline pelty

« Reply #227 on: September 29, 2020, 01:37:44 PM »
Agree with the positive posts on Watkins; I think he has it all and will come good quite soon. I have seen way more out of him in terms of work rate, skill, and the overall threat he poses defenses than anything I saw from Wesley last year.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #228 on: September 29, 2020, 02:22:35 PM »
The opinions on Targett here are quickly turning into a case of opinions becoming facts.

Bryan and Cavaleiro put in 22 crosses from their left compared to Tete, Kamara, Reid and Kabano on the right who made 15 between them. Targett had a bad few minutes where he got booked and then let Tete get a soft cross in (probably because he was nervous of getting a 2nd booking) but for the rest of the game he was fine.

Part of the problem he has is that some people have decided he can't defend and now anything that comes from his side of the pitch is 100% his fault and shows he's shit.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #229 on: September 29, 2020, 02:47:01 PM »
Are some writing Watkins off already? Ffs give the bloke a chance. Least he looks like he might score and doesn’t have a 50p head like most forwards we seem to sign

It’s just how it is.
Football supporters are NEVER happy and there will always be something wrong.
The side has made an excellent start and Olly has been a breath of fresh air to the team in my opinion.

Think Watkins all round game has been excellent so far. Got the Sheffield defender sent off with a good run last week and his off ball movement and hold up creates more space for midfielders as we saw with second goal and our counter attacks already look far better.

Only concern is he's started snatching at a few chances so you can see he's getting anxious to score at prem level. Need to tell him to be patient as he's playing fine and the goals will come like they have in the league cup.

Pretty happy with what I've seen so far.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #230 on: September 29, 2020, 03:20:47 PM »
The opinions on Targett here are quickly turning into a case of opinions becoming facts.
Bryan and Cavaleiro put in 22 crosses from their left compared to Tete, Kamara, Reid and Kabano on the right who made 15 between them. Targett had a bad few minutes where he got booked and then let Tete get a soft cross in (probably because he was nervous of getting a 2nd booking)..
He's not getting the support of Hourihane so much, either.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #231 on: September 29, 2020, 03:40:03 PM »
I can't decide whether I like Targett or not. He's not a bad player and he hasn't been totally terrible overall but I can see why people are not keen.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #232 on: September 29, 2020, 04:16:41 PM »
Considering his response to the owners brothers’ tweet last night I can’t see Scott Parker lasting impression his job much longer.

Online Clampy

« Reply #233 on: September 29, 2020, 04:18:46 PM »
Considering his response to the owners brothers’ tweet last night I can’t see Scott Parker lasting impression his job much longer.

Didn't he sign a new contract after he got them promoted?

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #234 on: September 29, 2020, 04:24:32 PM »
Possibly but he was openly criticising the tweet and I agree with him by the way.

Offline danno

« Reply #235 on: September 29, 2020, 04:29:27 PM »
Being the overly sensitive soul that I am, I was a tiny bit indignant Fulham felt the need to apologise for losing to such a tiny shit club as us.  But on reflection I hope many more teams have to issue such public apologies in future, and that we ram lots of words about being tips for relegation down many throats.

Online VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #236 on: September 29, 2020, 04:33:59 PM »
I can't decide whether I like Targett or not. He's not a bad player and he hasn't been totally terrible overall but I can see why people are not keen.

There is a talent in there somewhere, but he has an unfortunately gormless facial expression at times ,  and he seems a bit week and needs a good shake ,  yes I like him

Online Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #237 on: September 29, 2020, 04:53:05 PM »

There is a talent in there somewhere, but he has an unfortunately gormless facial expression at times ,  and he seems a bit week and needs a good shake ,  yes I like him

I was a bit nervous last night he was going to get a second yellow and then it was all going to go tits up. He blows hot and cold but he did actually contribute a fair number of assists last season, if I recall correctly.

Online Clampy

« Reply #238 on: September 29, 2020, 04:55:53 PM »
He reminds me of Joe Lycett.

Online Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #239 on: September 29, 2020, 04:59:22 PM »
He reminds me of Joe Lycett.

I hope not. He's a Stripey.