collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Fulham v Aston Villa Pre-Match Thread  (Read 7260 times)

Offline Proposition Joe

Re: Fulham v Aston Villa Pre-Match Thread
« Reply #60 on: September 28, 2020, 02:11:47 PM »
We always play dismally down there, no matter who's in our team. I'd be happy with a draw, delighted with a win, and Jack's complete lack of surprise with a loss.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #61 on: September 28, 2020, 02:21:03 PM »
No home fans or "neutrals", so no need to approach this as an away game ie tentatively, when man for man we're stronger.

Online Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #62 on: September 28, 2020, 02:21:46 PM »
Would be nice to get a first win at Craven Cottage since 1597

Lot of trouble at this game if I remember. Tensions were running high as we were being controversially linked with signing an ancestor of Carlos Cuellar at the time. When Elizabeth I sailed past on the way to Hampton Court, some anti royalist chants started and it all kicked off.

Offline Proposition Joe

« Reply #63 on: September 28, 2020, 02:38:06 PM »
No home fans or "neutrals", so no need to approach this as an away game ie tentatively, when man for man we're stronger.

What is/was this neutral stand of theirs? A place where fans of both teams could mingle, or a place where fans of neither Fulham nor the team they were playing could come and catch a game?

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #64 on: September 28, 2020, 02:39:20 PM »

What is/was this neutral stand of theirs? A place where fans of both teams could mingle, or a place where fans of neither Fulham nor the team they were playing could come and catch a game?

In theory, the latter. In practice an away end overspill.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #65 on: September 28, 2020, 02:41:28 PM »
Fancy us to win this 3-1. After two defeats Fulham will be charging forward as they'll target this as a must win. They were cut to pieces on counter attack by Leeds last week so we're going to have some space to play with if we can win the ball back quickly enough.

Tempted to start Traore for this.

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #66 on: September 28, 2020, 02:44:30 PM »
1-0 win. Last minute winner. Penalty.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #67 on: September 28, 2020, 02:45:41 PM »
Them or us?

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #68 on: September 28, 2020, 02:57:34 PM »
Us :)

Offline Marlon From Bearwood

« Reply #69 on: September 28, 2020, 02:58:00 PM »

There were always a few foreign tourists who obviously wanted to see an English football match but probably couldn’t get tickets for Chelsea, Arsenal etc.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #70 on: September 28, 2020, 03:04:10 PM »

There were always a few foreign tourists who obviously wanted to see an English football match but probably couldn’t get tickets for Chelsea, Arsenal etc.

It's the strangest arrangement i've ever sat in at a football match.

I'd say it was 60 percent us, 20 percent Fulham, 20 percent tourists when i sat there

The only other time I've had a similar thing was in the Club Wembley seats, the ones allocated to CW season ticket holders rather than in finalist allocations. At the League Cup final last year by us it was 40% Villa, 20% Man City and 40% empty seats.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2020, 03:05:48 PM by pauliewalnuts »

Offline Duncan Shaw

« Reply #71 on: September 28, 2020, 03:07:27 PM »

It's the strangest arrangement i've ever sat in at a football match.

I'd say it was 60 percent us, 20 percent Fulham, 20 percent tourists when i sat there

The only other time I've had a similar thing was in the Club Wembley seats, the ones allocated to CW season ticket holders rather than in finalist allocations. At the League Cup final last year by us it was 40% Villa, 20% Man City and 40% empty seats.
Last time I was there it was at least 80% us.  The foreign tourists looked somewhat bemused.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #72 on: September 28, 2020, 03:10:15 PM »
Fulham should be docked six points at the start of each season in perpetuity purely for that horrendous Michael Jackson statue.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #73 on: September 28, 2020, 03:28:53 PM »
Fulham should be docked six points at the start of each season in perpetuity purely for that horrendous Michael Jackson statue.

Is it still there? Didn't it get moved to football museum in Manchester after Al Fayed sold up?

Offline WilliamStanding

« Reply #74 on: September 28, 2020, 03:43:43 PM »

Absolutely this.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal