collapse collapse

Please donate to help keep this site going.

* *  Out Soon  * *  

Recent Topics

February 19, 2021, 02:28:51 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 1258 | Comments: 16

September 13th, 1986...
February 17, 2021, 12:18:32 AM by dave.woodhall | Views: 457 | Comments: 2

Theres certainly a number of ...
February 09, 2021, 10:15:27 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 861 | Comments: 3

This empty wish was a thread o...
February 03, 2021, 02:11:06 AM by dave.woodhall | Views: 1371 | Comments: 17

Nineteen games gone and we're ...
February 02, 2021, 06:53:05 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 479 | Comments: 0

In normal times, either at Vil...

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bertrand Traore - Signed  (Read 49955 times)

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
Re: Bertrand Traore - Signed
« Reply #660 on: January 24, 2021, 09:19:22 PM »
Nothing beats a goal crashed in off the underside of the bar. Must be our first of the type since McGinn's worldy against Wednesday.

What made it even better was that the shot was with his right foot which most of us had thought was only for standing on. He'll be a head-scratching hero, this fella.

Offline West Derby Villan

• GM : 09.05.2021
« Reply #661 on: January 24, 2021, 09:23:42 PM »
As with others in the squad he gets better by the match, considering hes new hes settled in very quickly

Offline Dante Lavelli

• GM : 11.09.2021
« Reply #662 on: January 24, 2021, 09:38:45 PM »
I know I might open myself up for some pelters here
But he reminds me of Tino Asprilla that used to be at Newcastle

total Maverick player
He didnt know what he was going to do himself so the opposition had no chance of knowing
can be frustrating at times and not always a team player but then hell do something absolutely ridiculous that will have you out of your seat And win you games out of nothing

I love players like that
Im willing to forgive some of the bad decision making if they can make up for it with game changing skills

You're not a million miles off there John, he's got that sort of slightly gangly, loping gait like Asprilla, which somehow really look like it should work in the Premier League but somehow it does.

He reminds me of Kanu, the Arsenal maverick.   At times unplayable but doesnt look like grafting is part of his natural game.  If that aspect develops too then he will be some player.

Online Drummond

• GM : 12.10.2021
« Reply #663 on: January 25, 2021, 12:43:17 AM »
Nothing beats a goal crashed in off the underside of the bar. Must be our first of the type since McGinn's worldy against Wednesday.

What made it even better was that the shot was with his right foot which most of us had thought was only for standing on. He'll be a head-scratching hero, this fella.

Said the same to the Mrs at the time. Love a goal off the crossbar.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #664 on: January 25, 2021, 12:59:32 AM »
Starting to get up to speed. Looks brilliant & a liability at times. Needs to build some strength to go with his obvious ability. A promising start.

Definitely nod does a lot more good things in games than bad.  Had some moments of real quality the other night and is scoring on a pretty regular basis now. Still has the odd 'wtf' moment and seems to lash at the ball wildly at least once a game.  The one the other night ended up back with Martinez somehow. 

Offline in exile

• GM : 10.07.2021
« Reply #665 on: January 25, 2021, 03:36:10 PM »
It must annoy him being subbed all the while.

Offline Risso

• GM : 28.02.2021
« Reply #666 on: January 25, 2021, 03:39:48 PM »

I bet he can see the natural progression, ie

Wasn't getting a game
Came on as a sub
Started a game due unavilability of others
First choice, but first to be subbed.

Now he needs to prove he can help out against the more attack-minded teams and put a shift in for 90 minutes, and he won't be getting subbed as much.

I wasn't a fan when he first arrived but hard to argue that Dean isn't handling him perfectly.

Offline Brend'Watkins

• GM : 02.03.2021
« Reply #667 on: January 25, 2021, 03:51:21 PM »

I bet he can see the natural progression, ie

Wasn't getting a game
Came on as a sub
Started a game due unavilability of others
First choice, but first to be subbed.

Now he needs to prove he can help out against the more attack-minded teams and put a shift in for 90 minutes, and he won't be getting subbed as much.

And that's it. His ability and performances lately are why he's picked. Energy levels need to be there from the first to the last minute. Once he can achieve that he will stay on.

Offline Aldridge Villa

« Reply #668 on: January 25, 2021, 04:02:06 PM »
Certainly has more than a hint of the old je ne sais quoi. Hes as exciting attacking wise as he is unreliable defending wise at times. All part of his make up I guess and I for one have certainly taken to him.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.01.2022
« Reply #669 on: January 25, 2021, 04:10:08 PM »
He worked his balls off against Newcastle. He tracked back way more than he had done in past games. So it showed his fitness was better and that he was also buying into the required work ethic for this team. But it's also important that it doesn't blunt any of his attacking ability. That he conserves and manages his energy to be a threat going forward. We are starting to see what we hoped we bought, but we still get games where he doesn't get going. And he knows he has stiff competition in AEG and Trez if he slips. But I like what I see and especially in that he can do things other players can't. Some of his goals have been lovely.

Offline not3bad

• GM : 23.05.2016
« Reply #670 on: January 25, 2021, 04:49:48 PM »
Reckon he'll be just the player to unlock Burnley on Wednesday.

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #671 on: January 28, 2021, 06:54:54 PM »
I've just had a thought, I like what he does going forward and his link up play with Cash, Jack, Barkley, Luiz etc is getting better by the game. We all pretty much unanimously agree that his tracking back is costing us too often.

In some games that call for it maybe use him as the 10 and play Trez on the right to support him and Cash?

Offline Big Ming

« Reply #672 on: January 29, 2021, 12:21:44 PM »
Nice looking footballer but until he learns to consistently track back and help Cash, he is a luxury.

Every Burnley goal from that flank when they got an overload, with Traore trotting into view too late.

Offline Flamingo Lane

« Reply #673 on: January 29, 2021, 05:37:10 PM »
In addition to the difficulty he seems to have in tracking back and helping out Cash, Traore can be incredibly wasteful when in good positions.  He also should not be allowed anywhere near free kicks where a shot on goal is called for.  I think El Ghazi can consider himself really unlucky to have lost out to Traore on a starting place and now deserves to start instead of Traore against Saints.  That said, Traore can be a joy to watch and I hope he goes from strength to strength in a Villa shirt.

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 06.09.2021
« Reply #674 on: February 01, 2021, 12:17:07 PM »
Felt he needed to come off after 70mins Vs Southampton
Tickles me after , panics me during, how BT likes to slice a clearance once a match. Always close to edge or in area a wild lash out of clearance never travelling further up the pitch but across, by the very slice, made by him!
Cut it out !
Great fun to watch going forward though we're all questions his defending side.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal