collapse collapse

Please donate to help keep this site going.
November 23, 2020, 04:23:08 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 183 | Comments: 1

These days a ten year old is l...
November 20, 2020, 12:28:50 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 417 | Comments: 3

In the euphoria of the resumpt...
November 18, 2020, 11:57:57 AM by dave.woodhall | Views: 389 | Comments: 2

By Christmas 1936 those who ex...
November 05, 2020, 12:10:19 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 1140 | Comments: 8

This weekend sees the thirtiet...
October 28, 2020, 02:06:34 AM by dave.woodhall | Views: 1016 | Comments: 8

[url=https://ibb.c...

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bertrand Traore - Signed  (Read 32485 times)

Offline Brend'Watkins

• GM : 02.03.2021
Re: Bertrand Traore - Signed
« Reply #345 on: September 19, 2020, 11:19:33 PM »
Dwight Yorke was an absolutely brilliant find/signing. Platt too was a shrewd bit of business. McGrath was a risk...it really was, but one that came off in bucket loads.  For me, Yorke and McGrath, there’s nothing between them from what they produced on the pitch. Off it, McGrath Wins it. Yorke has turned out to be a bit of a star studded tit. Platt just an ungrateful twat.

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #346 on: September 20, 2020, 12:54:00 AM »
Ormondroyd certainly wasn't the worst player I ever saw down the Villa playing for us.  I liked him, a lot of skill for a big man.
i liked ‘Sticks’ and thought as the cliche goes, he had a good touch for a big man. He did look comically awkward until You got used to seeing him, seemed at times to be playing in slow motion, like when you see giraffes running in nature programmes. I did wonder whether Taylor signing Peter Crouch was due to him having previously signed Ormondroyd. Always remember that bonfire night classic against Everton at VP. Think he got a couple in the 5-2 win.

6-2 I think. Ormondroyd was decent for a while on the left wing and then faded once GT left
6-2 you’re right - I realised the error when I saw the post go up, but couldn’t be arsed to change it. Did used to feel a bit sorry for him when even Villa supporters would be laughing at him! Cruel game

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #347 on: September 20, 2020, 12:59:46 AM »
Anyway back on topic. I watched the interview with him on Villa TV. Didn’t seem to me that he’s entirely convinced he’s made the right move. Villa’s made a lot recently about signing players with the right personality, so hopefully I’m wrong on this. Might have still been trying to still get his head around it when they spoke to him. Welcome and good luck Bertie

Offline enigma

« Reply #348 on: September 20, 2020, 07:58:09 AM »
Ormondroyd certainly wasn't the worst player I ever saw down the Villa playing for us.  I liked him, a lot of skill for a big man.
i liked ‘Sticks’ and thought as the cliche goes, he had a good touch for a big man. He did look comically awkward until You got used to seeing him, seemed at times to be playing in slow motion, like when you see giraffes running in nature programmes. I did wonder whether Taylor signing Peter Crouch was due to him having previously signed Ormondroyd. Always remember that bonfire night classic against Everton at VP. Think he got a couple in the 5-2 win.

6-2 I think. Ormondroyd was decent for a while on the left wing and then faded once GT left
6-2 you’re right - I realised the error when I saw the post go up, but couldn’t be arsed to change it. Did used to feel a bit sorry for him when even Villa supporters would be laughing at him! Cruel game
It was Ian Olney that got a couple in that game, not Ormondroyd. I think he got a couple of assists though.

Offline The Edge

• GM : 02.08.2021
« Reply #349 on: September 20, 2020, 08:07:49 AM »

It was Ian Olney that got a couple in that game, not Ormondroyd. I think he got a couple of assists though.
Ahhh. Good old Olney the lonely.

Offline Big Ming

« Reply #350 on: September 20, 2020, 08:28:35 AM »
Dwight Yorke was an absolutely brilliant find/signing. Platt too was a shrewd bit of business. McGrath was a risk...it really was, but one that came off in bucket loads.  For me, Yorke and McGrath, there’s nothing between them from what they produced on the pitch. Off it, McGrath Wins it. Yorke has turned out to be a bit of a star studded tit. Platt just an ungrateful twat.
Whenever I saw Platt I thought I was seeing his reflection in the back of a spoon.

(Good footballer though).

Offline thick_mike

• GM : 14.02.2021
« Reply #351 on: September 20, 2020, 08:30:10 AM »

I bought every newspaper from the newsagent’s the following morning. One memorably said Ormondroyd played like “a modern day Puskás”.

I saw him getting into a mini metro in Brighouse a few years later. It was like watching someone work out how to get their flat pack kitchen back from ikea.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 06.02.2021
« Reply #352 on: September 20, 2020, 09:23:13 AM »
I saw him getting into a mini metro in Brighouse a few years later. It was like watching someone work out how to get their flat pack kitchen back from ikea.

What a marvelous turn of phrase. Good stuff.

Offline ChicagoLion

« Reply #353 on: September 20, 2020, 10:36:37 AM »

Ahhh. Good old Olney the lonely.
Dum dum dum dubuyuwah

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #354 on: September 20, 2020, 11:09:12 AM »
McGrath was the most unlike SGT signing ever.  I was amazed when he bought him.  But was rather glad he did.  That game against Manure the 3-0 on Boxing Day.  38000 people singing ‘thank you very much for Paul McGrath.’ 

Offline john e

• GM : 24.01.21
« Reply #355 on: September 20, 2020, 11:13:24 AM »
Ormandroyd was never going to be a world beater but it was impossible to dislike him
he did some good stuff, and gave everything in every game

I was at Spurs the night we went top of the league I’m sure Ormandroyd scored that night he had a great game

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #356 on: September 20, 2020, 11:21:04 AM »
He did a first time cracker from outside the box.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #357 on: September 20, 2020, 11:25:04 AM »

Alan Nixon
@reluctantnicko
·
17m
VILLA. Gave Traore a major 65k-a-week deal. Helped in permit application. One of the factors considered is size of personal deal and where he sits in club's payroll. Big investment

Offline four fornicholl

« Reply #358 on: September 20, 2020, 11:33:03 AM »
Really hope he does the business, but have this elephant in the room feeling he is plan B.

Offline SheffieldVillain

• GM : 17.02.2021
« Reply #359 on: September 20, 2020, 11:34:00 AM »
Is 65k really that major these days (I mean obviously it's a shit-ton of money but in the crazy Premier League scheme of things)? I thought 50/60kish was fairly standard for a player coming from big clubs or who'd played internationally.

The young lad from Wigan who went to Fulham - Antonee Robinson was said to be on 60kish, and I think that's what the papers said Watkins had been given too.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal