collapse collapse

Please donate to help keep this site going.

Recent Topics

Golf 2020 by Villa Lew
[Today at 09:41:24 PM]

Other Games - 2020/21 by Lsvilla
[Today at 09:36:19 PM]

Cameron Archer (out on loan until January 2021) by Risso
[Today at 09:26:05 PM]

The NFL Thread (with added College Football) by usav
[Today at 09:20:27 PM]

Villa v Leeds post match thread by paul_e
[Today at 09:11:33 PM]

Guess The Goal R9: Villa v Southampton, Sunday 1st November by johnc
[Today at 08:35:15 PM]

Dean Smith - Confirmed by Louzie0
[Today at 07:51:54 PM]

Final League Position by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 07:27:57 PM]

Today at 05:38:44 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 303 | Comments: 1

Since they bought the club jus...
October 20, 2020, 12:29:57 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 1108 | Comments: 16

[url=https://ibb.co/Wxcn...
October 14, 2020, 03:30:23 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 563 | Comments: 3

In December 1950 the directors...
October 05, 2020, 12:24:02 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 1413 | Comments: 7

[url=https://ibb.c...
October 04, 2020, 12:05:19 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 595 | Comments: 4

All the machinations at the fo...

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bertrand Traore - Signed  (Read 25729 times)

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 14.09.2017
Re: Bertrand Traore
« Reply #180 on: September 18, 2020, 08:27:10 AM »
I think Traore will be loved, he looks like one of those that doesn't know what he's going to do next, and could win a couple of games on his own, then be utter shite the week after. Players like that are always good fun.

Rashica looks a very good player at a very good age to get him. Still can't see it but if they both come it's pretty exciting, especially with the movement of Watkins.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 12.10.2021
« Reply #181 on: September 18, 2020, 08:58:18 AM »
I think Traore will be loved, he looks like one of those that doesn't know what he's going to do next, and could win a couple of games on his own, then be utter shite the week after. Players like that are always good fun.

Rashica looks a very good player at a very good age to get him. Still can't see it but if they both come it's pretty exciting, especially with the movement of Watkins.

Tony Daley....

Offline DeeBoy1

« Reply #182 on: September 18, 2020, 09:06:46 AM »

Tony Daley....

Still my favourite ever Villa player...not the best player obviously but due to my age I'm not sure anyone will ever pass him as my favourite now that I'm in my 40s!

Offline Drummond

• GM : 12.10.2021
« Reply #183 on: September 18, 2020, 10:27:18 AM »
You just never knew what was going to happen. I loved watching him.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #184 on: September 18, 2020, 10:58:14 AM »
Ohhhh Bertrand Traoooorrrre ohhh Bertrand Traoooooore.

Offline chrisf

« Reply #185 on: September 18, 2020, 11:09:58 AM »
You just never knew what was going to happen. I loved watching him.
I loved Tony Daley but I was always pretty confident he'd hare it to the byline then muff up his cross.

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #186 on: September 18, 2020, 11:22:33 AM »
He usually did.

He was always more of a wide forward and better when he was being direct and cutting in for goal.

He'd be better suited to today's game.

Online algy

« Reply #187 on: September 18, 2020, 11:41:37 AM »

Tony Daley....

Still my favourite ever Villa player...not the best player obviously but due to my age I'm not sure anyone will ever pass him as my favourite now that I'm in my 40s!
I loved Tony Daley as a kid.  To the point that, when I was 5 or 6, I got naked and painted myself with brown poster paint so that I'd be more like him.  I think I'd struggle to name half a dozen players who came even close to his level in my eyes (Paul McGrath, Super Jack, Nigel Spink, ... then I start struggling).

Offline DrGonzo

« Reply #188 on: September 18, 2020, 11:43:49 AM »
Could we revive That's Traore?  When he dance down the wing, with the ball at his feet... that's Traore...?

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #189 on: September 18, 2020, 11:48:37 AM »
I think Olof's Beard used to put the top of a kitchen mop on his head so that he "looked" more like Daley.

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #190 on: September 18, 2020, 12:00:07 PM »
Daley was a bit like Adama Traore when he first broke through - incredible pace but headless chicken.  I seem to recall Graham Taylor telling him to slow down/look up a bit more (much like Nuno has done with AT) and also saying he needed "a trick or two". After that he was much more effective and scored some brilliant goals.  I remember strolling down to Highbury when I lived nearby in the 80s and standing on the North Bank (you could just turn up and pay on the gate at the time) and the Arsenal fans were absolutely bricking it every time Daley got the ball, which I found very amusing.     

Rahsica's highlight reel reminded me of Tony Morley in places.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #191 on: September 18, 2020, 12:03:44 PM »
Daley was a bit like Adama Traore when he first broke through - incredible pace but headless chicken.  I seem to recall Graham Taylor telling him to slow down/look up a bit more (much like Nuno has done with AT) and also saying he needed "a trick or two". After that he was much more effective and scored some brilliant goals.  I remember strolling down to Highbury when I lived nearby in the 80s and standing on the North Bank (you could just turn up and pay on the gate at the time) and the Arsenal fans were absolutely bricking it every time Daley got the ball, which I found very amusing.     

Rahsica's highlight reel reminded me of Tony Morley in places.

There were two distinct sounds I remember when the ball reached Daley, the growl of encouragement to "Skin him Tone", and the clatter of the wooden seats in the Trinity and Witton as everybody stood up.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #192 on: September 18, 2020, 12:14:10 PM »
Or alternatively this little beauty.

https://youtu.be/Hgx16QCS8Mk

Online Damo70

« Reply #193 on: September 18, 2020, 12:15:07 PM »
Tony Daley was part of a promotion winning side, a cup winning side and part of two runners up sides in the top flight. Add to that the quality of some of the goals he scored and he definitely goes down as one of the best Villa players in my time supporting the club.

Offline DeeBoy1

« Reply #194 on: September 18, 2020, 12:19:47 PM »
He would definitely have been better now with the reverse winger approach and cutting in rather than crossing...he was no John Barnes when he got to the byline but I just loved him. I still remember drawing a felt tip picture of his flying volley against Everton....good times!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal