collapse collapse
Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

July 23, 2022, 07:04:34 PM by algy | Views: 82895 | Comments: 3

Notice this ... should it be t...
August 10, 2021, 03:37:52 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 106562 | Comments: 6

It will soon be three years si...
August 09, 2021, 02:47:33 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 107156 | Comments: 40

The Jack Grealish transfer mad...
August 08, 2021, 11:32:36 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 102312 | Comments: 9

So he chose success after all....
August 07, 2021, 01:22:40 AM by dave.woodhall | Views: 101295 | Comments: 3

I well remember the day in Feb...

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bertrand Traore - Signed  (Read 120906 times)

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
Re: Bertrand Traore - Signed
« Reply #1200 on: August 10, 2022, 04:31:28 PM »
How much? Less than half of what we paid?

Offline Border villan

• Carrying out missionary work on the Welsh border.
« Reply #1201 on: August 10, 2022, 04:33:49 PM »
How much? Less than half of what we paid?
No fee mentioned so far.

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1202 on: August 10, 2022, 04:46:33 PM »
If the Twitter speculation is to be believed, he's going on loan.

He will be missed.

Offline algy

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #1203 on: August 10, 2022, 04:49:42 PM »
Assuming he's off - good luck, Bert!  I liked him, but he does seem to be on a par with Keinan for picking up injuries.

Online cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 27.01.2023
« Reply #1204 on: August 10, 2022, 05:02:53 PM »
I don't understand why we are desperate to get rid of him when Philogene and Aaron Ramsey are out on loan. If one of Bailey, Buendia or Coutinho gets injured are we really relying on Ashley fucking Young? Or is this a further sign he has no intention of playing those three together? Even if you pick two of them you still need a better option than Young on the bench.

We've still got Anwar- although he does seem to be fading to grey as each day passes

1. He's not as good as fun as Bert, though I do like him.

2. Gerrard doesn't seem to rate him anyway as he's already loaned him once.

Online cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 27.01.2023
« Reply #1205 on: August 10, 2022, 05:05:15 PM »
Seems like madness this. In an era of five subs we lose someone that can, on his day, be a game changer and does, at least, seem to have a vague idea where the opposition goal is. We don't even get a fee for our troubles. Hopefully we have some wing talent lined up because the bench looks bare in those areas, unless we persist with the stupid idea of refusing to play Bailey, Buendia and Coutinho at the same time. Ashley Young is not going to frighten the opposition. It isn't 2009 any more.

If he goes, good luck to him. Capable of the sublime and the ridiculous, sometimes with the same touch, he was never not fun. I don't really trust people that don't like Traore. They almost certainly listen to Coldplay and voted for the Nazis.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2022, 05:07:56 PM by cdbearsfan »

Offline Mister E

• GM : 13.02.2023
« Reply #1206 on: August 10, 2022, 05:08:57 PM »
I love how skilful Traore is, and I love how he can create a goal out of thin air. The only issue is he has never shown it consistently for us. Last season should have been massive for him, but too many injuries got in the way of him settling and progressing.
he was injured in the run up to the African Nations and then came back and was juried again.
Must have been a long case ...

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1207 on: August 10, 2022, 05:28:08 PM »
I love how skilful Traore is, and I love how he can create a goal out of thin air. The only issue is he has never shown it consistently for us. Last season should have been massive for him, but too many injuries got in the way of him settling and progressing.
he was injured in the run up to the African Nations and then came back and was juried again.
Must have been a long case ...

He hasn't really been given a long enough run to judge him really.

Offline Flin5tone

• Say NO to Monster
« Reply #1208 on: August 10, 2022, 05:38:05 PM »
Seems like madness this. In an era of five subs we lose someone that can, on his day, be a game changer and does, at least, seem to have a vague idea where the opposition goal is. We don't even get a fee for our troubles. Hopefully we have some wing talent lined up because the bench looks bare in those areas, unless we persist with the stupid idea of refusing to play Bailey, Buendia and Coutinho at the same time. Ashley Young is not going to frighten the opposition. It isn't 2009 any more.

If he goes, good luck to him. Capable of the sublime and the ridiculous, sometimes with the same touch, he was never not fun. I don't really trust people that don't like Traore. They almost certainly listen to Coldplay and voted for the Nazis.

Very true

With the five sub rule you want game changing subs. El Ghazi,Trezeguet,Traore are exactly those as has been proven and I don't think any of them would moan about being subs and gettkng half hour in the Premier League.

Instead we have Ashley Young and whoever else we can muster together. Buendia is not going to be happy being a substitute.

I really can't see what this Head Coach is trying to do. Absolute lunacy

Online Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2023
« Reply #1209 on: August 10, 2022, 05:45:17 PM »
All my favourite players canít get a game, Buendia, Mings and now Traore is off. Bloody hell Gerrard.

Offline VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #1210 on: August 10, 2022, 05:53:07 PM »
All my favourite players canít get a game, Buendia, Mings and now Traore is off. Bloody hell Gerrard.

also one is definitely a better player

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #1211 on: August 10, 2022, 06:32:40 PM »
Quite fond of him but he was a bit hit and miss and if it frees up space for a player we need more then itís good news.

Offline Border villan

• Carrying out missionary work on the Welsh border.
« Reply #1212 on: August 10, 2022, 06:46:14 PM »
Only about 20 miles from the stadium to the Bosporus. One of Bertís clearances could easily end up in Asia.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #1213 on: August 10, 2022, 08:04:00 PM »

Yep, big fan of him. Not quite the same type of player but reminds me of Tony Daley who would excite and frustrate similarly. You need a maverick, Villa are consistently dull enough.

I'm sure we'll get some sort of loan fee though probably nominal enough - I imagine they would cover less of his salary if that's the case.

Offline Risso

• GM : 01.03.2023
« Reply #1214 on: August 10, 2022, 10:40:05 PM »
Good luck Bert. An exquisite first touch*, no matter how hard or from where on the pitch it was launched at him, he'd kill the ball stone dead like it was a butterfly gently descending onto a velvet pillow.

*Unless he was defending in his own half, in which case it would ricochet off his 50p foot at an alarming angle.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal