collapse collapse

Please donate to help keep this site going.

Recent Topics

October 20, 2020, 12:29:57 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 1097 | Comments: 16

[url=https://ibb.co/Wxcn...
October 14, 2020, 03:30:23 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 562 | Comments: 3

In December 1950 the directors...
October 05, 2020, 12:24:02 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 1409 | Comments: 7

[url=https://ibb.c...
October 04, 2020, 12:05:19 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 588 | Comments: 4

All the machinations at the fo...
October 02, 2020, 04:50:53 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 559 | Comments: 0

Thereís an old saying, O...

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Emiliano Martinez - signed  (Read 29589 times)

Online Dave

• GM : 31.03.2021
Re: Emiliano Martinez - signed
« Reply #360 on: September 20, 2020, 06:13:47 PM »
Well done Emi. Called up by Argentina

Aston Villa: International makers. Martinez, Luiz, Wesley, Mings, Grealish.

Hourihane

Online SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #361 on: September 20, 2020, 06:14:32 PM »
Its just dawned on me that we have spent £36m on keepers in the past couple of years. Fuck me hopefully that is the position sorted now for the next decade or so.

I'd love to know the actual thought process going into signing Kalinic. I get the impression DS never rated or wanted him, given he played about 5 games and didn't look convincing (but nowhere near as bad as Nyland looked months before) then was subbed at half time v West Brom and was never seen again. Didn't even play in the league cup early last season

Guess he was one we previously had on file in some desk due to not getting a work permit in 15/16 and Suso got a hard on when he saw Kalinic played for a Belgium club but that's a pretty disappointing 7m down the drain plus allegedly a very decent weekly wage.

I don't actually think we'll have an issue moving on Nyland as there was talk of Bundesliga interest a few weeks back so someone will probably take him for a couple of million.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 10.02.2021
« Reply #362 on: September 20, 2020, 06:15:11 PM »
Todayís burning question.  ĎIs the Chelsea keeper worth 3.5 Emiís?
Tomorrow's burning question: Did we or Sheffu get better value from their new keeper?

Offline Risso

• GM : 28.02.2021
« Reply #363 on: September 20, 2020, 06:38:28 PM »
Its just dawned on me that we have spent £36m on keepers in the past couple of years. Fuck me hopefully that is the position sorted now for the next decade or so.

I'd love to know the actual thought process going into signing Kalinic. I get the impression DS never rated or wanted him, given he played about 5 games and didn't look convincing (but nowhere near as bad as Nyland looked months before) then was subbed at half time v West Brom and was never seen again. Didn't even play in the league cup early last season

Guess he was one we previously had on file in some desk due to not getting a work permit in 15/16 and Suso got a hard on when he saw Kalinic played for a Belgium club but that's a pretty disappointing 7m down the drain plus allegedly a very decent weekly wage.

I don't actually think we'll have an issue moving on Nyland as there was talk of Bundesliga interest a few weeks back so someone will probably take him for a couple of million.

8 goals conceded in your first three games in the Championship is pretty woeful.  He was absolutely dismal against Wigan, and he seemed really, really slow to get down to the ball.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #364 on: September 20, 2020, 06:39:57 PM »

I get the impression we had already made a commitment to signing him before Smith had chance to have a proper look at him.

Offline WassallVillain

« Reply #365 on: September 21, 2020, 07:58:48 AM »
Debut tonight. Hope itís a better one than Tom Heaton last year. What a nightmare start and so unnecessary.

Offline Footy-Vill

• Jack Grealish is the very best!
  • GM : 06.09.2021
« Reply #366 on: September 21, 2020, 12:45:16 PM »
Debut tonight. Hope itís a better one than Tom Heaton last year. What a nightmare start and so unnecessary.
Swansea FA cup
Kalinic debut saw him concede within couple of minutes!!

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #367 on: September 21, 2020, 12:47:04 PM »
I think it was Kevin Poole that was in goal for us that day in 1986 - the Hodge game.  Someone shouted 'CLEAN SHEET TODAY KEV' to which we got a resounding thumbs up response.  I think we were 3 down in half an hour including said treacherous moment.

Offline Footy-Vill

• Jack Grealish is the very best!
  • GM : 06.09.2021
« Reply #368 on: September 21, 2020, 12:56:37 PM »
For those not going to the match tonight watch it with no added crowd sound so we can hear how vocal Emi Martinez is.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2021
« Reply #369 on: September 21, 2020, 01:11:17 PM »
Swansea FA cup
Kalinic debut saw him concede within couple of minutes!!
That was such a nightmare game.  I decided to go last minute and was quite excited to see Kalanic and O'Hare.  The entire team were awful, although seem to recall Lansbury was best of a bad bunch?

Offline maidstonevillain

• GM : 13.09.2021
« Reply #370 on: September 21, 2020, 01:26:50 PM »
For those not going to the match tonight watch it with no added crowd sound so we can hear how vocal Emi Martinez is.

Of course this doesn't apply to those of you who are going! But just keep quiet.

Online Drummond

• GM : 12.10.2021
« Reply #371 on: September 21, 2020, 04:12:37 PM »

Would you mind taking notes? Saves me having to listen out for him as I don't know his voice or accent very well.

Thanks.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 10.02.2021
« Reply #372 on: September 21, 2020, 04:49:06 PM »
Would you mind taking notes? Saves me having to listen out for him as I don't know his voice or accent very well.
Thanks.
Haha - a laugh-out-loud moment.

Offline GarTomas

« Reply #373 on: September 21, 2020, 07:03:38 PM »
Decent start on his home debut. Not digging out Heston but he had a much stickier one last year against Bournemouth!

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 11.03.2021
« Reply #374 on: September 21, 2020, 07:56:59 PM »
So assured - really impressive.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal