collapse collapse

Please donate to help keep this site going.

Recent Topics

Other Games - 2020/21 by SoccerHQ
[Today at 09:46:15 PM]

Boxing 2020 by dave.woodhall
[Today at 09:45:01 PM]

Golf 2020 by Villa Lew
[Today at 09:41:24 PM]

Cameron Archer (out on loan until January 2021) by Risso
[Today at 09:26:05 PM]

The NFL Thread (with added College Football) by usav
[Today at 09:20:27 PM]

Villa v Leeds post match thread by paul_e
[Today at 09:11:33 PM]

Guess The Goal R9: Villa v Southampton, Sunday 1st November by johnc
[Today at 08:35:15 PM]

Dean Smith - Confirmed by Louzie0
[Today at 07:51:54 PM]

Today at 05:38:44 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 307 | Comments: 1

Since they bought the club jus...
October 20, 2020, 12:29:57 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 1110 | Comments: 16

[url=https://ibb.co/Wxcn...
October 14, 2020, 03:30:23 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 563 | Comments: 3

In December 1950 the directors...
October 05, 2020, 12:24:02 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 1413 | Comments: 7

[url=https://ibb.c...
October 04, 2020, 12:05:19 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 595 | Comments: 4

All the machinations at the fo...

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Emiliano Martinez - signed  (Read 29604 times)

Online dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2021
Re: Emiliano Martinez - signed
« Reply #345 on: September 16, 2020, 06:19:08 PM »
The transfer says a lot about his and our ambition and that can't be bad.

Welcome Emi, if you can kick it when it needs to be kicked, catch it when it needs to be caught and stop it when it needs to be stopped, then you'll do for me.

Seriously, you are welcome to the greatest club in the world.  I hope you have a long and successful career with us.

Offline Footy-Vill

• Jack Grealish is the very best!
  • GM : 06.09.2021
« Reply #346 on: September 16, 2020, 06:41:10 PM »
Was it the most excellent South American Football expert that is Tim Vickery? Or do Sky have one of own that's escaped me. Vickery is independent and brodcasts across all the platforms sky BBC Talksport always knowing on all things South American have had the pleasure of speaking to him on the excellent 5 live world football phone in!
I quite enjoy to hear his thoughts and knowledge.

Has to be him !

I was a regular listener to Dotun and Tim for years pre-lockdown, when were you on the show? I like the way Vickery often mixes cultural or historical events with football.

Not 100% sure but I think I played football against him in Rio about 20 years ago.

Oh round Christmas bout 4/5 years ago now when Oscar was transferring to China. Discussing the league and transfer window and his move as well as players moving /playing in Ukraine and Russia.

The other time was on an one of the  world cup special couple years ago! I'm quite shy so don't say much but it was quite fun.

That's amazing you played against him . I believe he's a spurs fan which he jokes about and use to be married to a Brazilian!

I'd like to hear what he thinks about Thiago Silva at Chelsea.
Perhaps the best looking player now in the Prem ahead of James Rodriguez! I prefer the Sofia Vergara type!
She's quite the woman !

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #347 on: September 16, 2020, 06:56:29 PM »
No. Tyrone Mings is the league’s most handsome devil.

Online Lastfootstamper

• GM : 02.01.2021
« Reply #348 on: September 16, 2020, 08:43:20 PM »
He sounds like Kermit the frog, which for me is a massive positive.

I've not listened, but I have just discovered a new Muppets series on Disney+. I assume you're referring to 'classic' Kermit, because the new one is not Kermit. Nosiree, not Kermit at all.

Offline rougegorge

« Reply #349 on: September 16, 2020, 09:28:13 PM »
We have signed a disproportionate number of keepers since relegation in 2016.

However, Martínez looked very good after he got his chance post-lockdown, so long may it continue, even if his price tag most probably more than doubled in a matter of weeks.

It's weird to think that we have seen him play in a league match more recently than the Arsenal fans; the turgid goalless draw at Reading where we barely tested him.

In fact, Arsenal fans haven't seen him play a league game in the flesh for nearly 6 years,  and he's had a long stint warming the bench, or playing in some cup games along with a selection of lower league loans.

However, as others have alluded to, Rimmer mk 2 would do nicely.

Online Bent Neilsens Screamer

• GM : Feb, 2013
« Reply #350 on: September 16, 2020, 11:20:00 PM »
Was it the most excellent South American Football expert that is Tim Vickery? Or do Sky have one of own that's escaped me. Vickery is independent and brodcasts across all the platforms sky BBC Talksport always knowing on all things South American have had the pleasure of speaking to him on the excellent 5 live world football phone in!
I quite enjoy to hear his thoughts and knowledge.

Has to be him !

I was a regular listener to Dotun and Tim for years pre-lockdown, when were you on the show? I like the way Vickery often mixes cultural or historical events with football.

Not 100% sure but I think I played football against him in Rio about 20 years ago.

Oh round Christmas bout 4/5 years ago now when Oscar was transferring to China. Discussing the league and transfer window and his move as well as players moving /playing in Ukraine and Russia.

The other time was on an one of the  world cup special couple years ago! I'm quite shy so don't say much but it was quite fun.

That's amazing you played against him . I believe he's a spurs fan which he jokes about and use to be married to a Brazilian!

I'd like to hear what he thinks about Thiago Silva at Chelsea.
Perhaps the best looking player now in the Prem ahead of James Rodriguez! I prefer the Sofia Vergara type!
She's quite the woman !

Good stuff, WFPI is one of the many podcasts I listen to when at work. The chats normally pretty good and does give a good insight into non football stuff when they go off on a tangent.
Tim Vickery talk on all things South American certainly whets my appetite as it’s a continent I’d love to visit. All the guests are pretty good, the only one that grinds with me sometimes is Mina Rizouki.

Offline eddiemunster

« Reply #351 on: September 17, 2020, 12:39:39 PM »
So which keepers are we keeping then?

Offline Russ aka Big Nose

« Reply #352 on: September 17, 2020, 12:51:04 PM »

Other than Martinez, I suspect it might be more of which keepers will other people want?

Heaton unlikely to move this window as he is injured, but a club might want him in January or next summer assuming he is on the bench.

As for the others - our preference might be to shift Kallinic and Nyland and to keep Steer, but that might have to change if there is more interest in Steer than one of the other two. UTV

Online richtheholtender

« Reply #353 on: September 17, 2020, 02:23:01 PM »

Other than Martinez, I suspect it might be more of which keepers will other people want?

Steer does hold an advantage being English

Heaton unlikely to move this window as he is injured, but a club might want him in January or next summer assuming he is on the bench.

As for the others - our preference might be to shift Kallinic and Nyland and to keep Steer, but that might have to change if there is more interest in Steer than one of the other two. UTV

Online richtheholtender

« Reply #354 on: September 17, 2020, 02:24:02 PM »

Steer does hold an advantage bring English.

Online LukeJames

« Reply #355 on: September 17, 2020, 02:28:58 PM »
Its just dawned on me that we have spent £36m on keepers in the past couple of years. Fuck me hopefully that is the position sorted now for the next decade or so.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.01.2021
« Reply #356 on: September 18, 2020, 07:21:14 PM »
Well done Emi. Called up by Argentina

Online andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #357 on: September 18, 2020, 07:44:17 PM »
Its just dawned on me that we have spent £36m on keepers in the past couple of years. Fuck me hopefully that is the position sorted now for the next decade or so.
And much are all of their salaries costing?
I know it’s not our money, but bloody hell our goalie wages bill must be astronomical.

Offline Newby

• GM : 01.12.2020
« Reply #358 on: September 18, 2020, 08:16:01 PM »
Well done Emi. Called up by Argentina

Aston Villa: International makers. Martinez, Luiz, Wesley, Mings, Grealish. 

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #359 on: September 20, 2020, 06:09:00 PM »
Today’s burning question.  ‘Is the Chelsea keeper worth 3.5 Emi’s?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal