collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa vs Liverpool FA Youth Cup Final Match thread - page 3  (Read 19889 times)

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
Re: Aston Villa vs Liverpool FA Youth Cup Final Match thread - page 3
« Reply #315 on: May 25, 2021, 02:57:44 PM »
Only just spotted the thread title so I’ve changed it.

Thanks Jon, it was more than a bit cringey for the reasons outlined above.

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #316 on: May 25, 2021, 02:59:40 PM »
Thought it would sound louder after the seniors game barely 24 hrs beforehand, but I guess there were less than half the amount of people in the ground.
Couple of things eamonn. I twas a very friendly atmosphere missing the hatred we have stored up for Chelsea etc. Secondly Villa fans were being very fair to the Liverpool lads. And we were really dominate, much much better team. Just wasteful otherwise it would have been a bigger loss for them. So all of this plus half of Sunday crowd impacted on noise level.

Glad you enjoyed the games, some of us will have to wait till next season. Found out last night that Russell made it back from Cayman for the 2 games, he has a very understanding wife. :)

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #317 on: May 25, 2021, 06:03:30 PM »
Only just spotted the thread title so I’ve changed it.

Thanks Jon, it was more than a bit cringey for the reasons outlined above.

Good. Agreed. Not sure who changed it initially but thanks also.

Offline Exeter 77

« Reply #318 on: May 25, 2021, 10:53:56 PM »
Not sure if this has occurred to anyone else but 10 years after the last time we beat Liverpool in the FA Youth Cup final we were European Champions. Nice thought but...

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #319 on: May 25, 2021, 10:58:49 PM »
I like that. 🙂

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #320 on: May 26, 2021, 09:08:07 AM »
Did anyone else hear that little lad in the Lower Holte last night. Sang his songs from beginning to end, often on his own. Outstanding effort.

I went for a wee at half time and I could still hear him from the concourse!
were the toilets not open?

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #321 on: May 26, 2021, 08:06:42 PM »
Thought it would sound louder after the seniors game barely 24 hrs beforehand, but I guess there were less than half the amount of people in the ground.
Couple of things eamonn. I twas a very friendly atmosphere missing the hatred we have stored up for Chelsea etc. Secondly Villa fans were being very fair to the Liverpool lads. And we were really dominate, much much better team. Just wasteful otherwise it would have been a bigger loss for them. So all of this plus half of Sunday crowd impacted on noise level.

Glad you enjoyed the games, some of us will have to wait till next season. Found out last night that Russell made it back from Cayman for the 2 games, he has a very understanding wife. :)
Russell will remain a legend  in  my eyes forever after the Sao Paulo episode ;D

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #322 on: May 26, 2021, 08:08:40 PM »
Not sure if this has occurred to anyone else but 10 years after the last time we beat Liverpool in the FA Youth Cup final we were European Champions. Nice thought but...
I-am--NOT--waiting= TEN -years.

Offline dcdavecollett

« Reply #323 on: May 31, 2021, 11:35:44 PM »
A great night -and weekend; we really look like we're building something.

I couldn't believe that Brad Young didn't get MoM. He was a nuisance all night, could have had a hat-trick with any luck, and ran the channels all night - a teenage Ollie Watkins! Not a bad way to save yourself £30m, just grow your own.

If I was Timo Werner, I'd get on the blower to Brad and ask him how come it took a full hour before BY was blown up for offside -what's the secret, sonny?

The only two things I have against Brad is that it appears he may have a short fuse -opponents may try to take advantage of that in future. Secondly, I hate his penalty technique, but he should worry!!

Offline Rotterdam

• GM : 06.03.2025
« Reply #324 on: June 01, 2021, 08:44:28 AM »
I've seen Brad Young play three times this year and likened him to Jamie Vardy. He runs as hard in the third  minute as the 83rd. He has an 'edge' to him as and a reputation as a bit of a bad lad as well. Will he make the first team? ...time will tell.

Offline dcdavecollett

« Reply #325 on: June 01, 2021, 10:49:11 PM »
Hi,Rott.

Your Jamie Vardy comparison is a good one, in that neither gives defenders any peace. I'm not sure Brad is as quick as JV, but he's not slow and works incredibly hard.

They said on BT Sport that Albion had him on their books but then released him. I wonder if that was with our 'persuasion' or was it that they just didn't rate him?

Offline Rotterdam

• GM : 06.03.2025
« Reply #326 on: June 02, 2021, 09:02:59 AM »
I think he left under a cloud when he was about 12. I don’t think he can give the reason why...the irony is he was released by Mark Harrison...

Offline dcdavecollett

« Reply #327 on: June 02, 2021, 11:10:09 PM »
Presumably, you mean Agent Harrison!!

Offline dcdavecollett

« Reply #328 on: June 05, 2021, 11:40:44 PM »
Great to see none of the players singing along to the national anthem; I'm sure the anti-anti-racists will be delighted to see a non-response to such a blatant attempt to introduce politics into our pure sport...

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal