collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by Risso
[Today at 08:16:07 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by pablo_picasso
[Today at 08:07:11 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by The Edge
[Today at 07:51:24 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 07:47:37 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 07:39:18 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by OCD
[Today at 07:39:18 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Nev
[Today at 07:38:29 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Ian.
[Today at 07:37:07 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Matty Cash - signed  (Read 83836 times)

Offline N'ZMAV

Re: Matty Cash - signed
« Reply #525 on: April 12, 2021, 08:51:29 PM »
Whereas Josh King is just...flash?
Josh King is gash.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #526 on: April 12, 2021, 08:57:24 PM »
Poor today, very fortunate with that VAR call and does anyone know what he was doing not challenging Mane in the last minute?

Why was he fortunate?

That another error of his didn't lead to an opposition goal. He was at fault for Konsa's yellow in the first half too.

He didn't make an error for the VAR call incident.

Offline Drummond

« Reply #527 on: April 12, 2021, 08:57:58 PM »
Unpopular opinion as I genuinly like him, but I dont think he's any better than Guilbert.

Agreed. I’ve expressed my opinions on him before. I am not accepting from anyone that he unseeded to leave that ball today because he knew he was offside. Personally, I think he continues to be a liability in defence. Another unpopular opinion.

It's not unpopular, just wrong. ☺

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #528 on: April 12, 2021, 10:59:17 PM »
Poor today, very fortunate with that VAR call and does anyone know what he was doing not challenging Mane in the last minute?

Why was he fortunate?

That another error of his didn't lead to an opposition goal. He was at fault for Konsa's yellow in the first half too.

He didn't make an error for the VAR call incident.

Right...so his fresh air clearance was pre meditated?

Offline Drummond

« Reply #529 on: April 12, 2021, 11:13:22 PM »
Blimey, you're actually being serious.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #530 on: April 13, 2021, 12:06:23 AM »
destroyed by liverpool at home, are you honestly picking faults with a game where we won 7-2 against the reigning champions?

Jota tore him a new one in that first half anyway. I don't get the Cash love in either. Decent player for sure but a lot to improve upon defensively. Diving into tackles regularly doesnt make a good defender at this level. Konsa rarely does for example.

Offline Goldie.7

« Reply #531 on: April 13, 2021, 01:21:47 AM »
We didn't even need a new RB. All I see when I look up Cash's stats is a whole bunch of yellow cards for mostly stupid challenges and not a lot else.

Guilbert has got more assists and goals in less than two months than cash has managed since the start of the season.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #532 on: April 13, 2021, 03:58:52 AM »
We didn't even need a new RB. All I see when I look up Cash's stats is a whole bunch of yellow cards for mostly stupid challenges and not a lot else.

Guilbert has got more assists and goals in less than two months than cash has managed since the start of the season.

Seriously what a load of bollocks. You're comparing Ligue 1 to the PL, and all Cash has done is picked up yellow cards for stupid challenges. Good grief

Offline tony scott

• GM : 31.05.2020
« Reply #533 on: April 13, 2021, 04:47:30 AM »
He gives it a good go,however he has his faults

richtheholtender

« Reply #534 on: April 13, 2021, 06:50:48 AM »
It’s funny how we have been extremely good in defence this season but we have a liability with Cash, while last season we had a terrible record but with a different full back in the team.

Really? You don’t think we were very good defensively after lockdown? You don’t think that when cash was out a few weeks ago we looked exactly the same and didn’t start conceeding 3+ a game? And most of all, you don’t think a world class keeper has helped?

richtheholtender

« Reply #535 on: April 13, 2021, 06:52:55 AM »
destroyed by liverpool at home, are you honestly picking faults with a game where we won 7-2 against the reigning champions?

We didn’t score 7 because of Matty cash.

Online Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #536 on: April 13, 2021, 06:58:59 AM »
You can’t also discredit Matty Cash for a 7-2 win over Liverpool or a very solid defence this season when he’s part of that set up.

The keeper has had a huge impact I agree, I also think both our full backs have been one of the many really positive things about this season. His stats back up his performances too, as well as what I see in front of my own eyes.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #537 on: April 13, 2021, 07:24:10 AM »
I dont understand how anybody can say we got turned over at full back against Liverpool at home and expect to be taken seriously. They had 4 attempts of note, 2 they scored from. Both goals came from the left hand side of defence and Jota had a decent ish attempt that was well saved by Martinez in the first half that came from the right.

Cash has given away less free kicks than Guilbert and is part of a much better defence. I like the fact he enjoys to lay a glove on opposition.

Polemicsts on the march is the only explanation. Cash has been a good signing and is part of a very good defensive unit.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2021, 07:26:40 AM by Ads »

Online Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #538 on: April 13, 2021, 07:32:25 AM »
I seem to remember in that Liverpool game their international full back and world class centre half being turned over on average every 3 minutes. I wonder if Rich is a little confused on the full back in question.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2021, 07:40:26 AM by Ian. »

richtheholtender

« Reply #539 on: April 13, 2021, 08:05:20 AM »
I dont understand how anybody can say we got turned over at full back against Liverpool at home and expect to be taken seriously. They had 4 attempts of note, 2 they scored from. Both goals came from the left hand side of defence and Jota had a decent ish attempt that was well saved by Martinez in the first half that came from the right.

Cash has given away less free kicks than Guilbert and is part of a much better defence. I like the fact he enjoys to lay a glove on opposition.

Polemicsts on the march is the only explanation. Cash has been a good signing and is part of a very good defensive unit.

I’d rather have Guilbert giving away 10 free kicks a game than Matty Cash giving away 1 a game..... that is consistently in our own box!!! There’s the palace one as well which was a blatant penalty which if given at the time might have been a game changer.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal