collapse collapse

Please donate to help keep this site going.

Recent Topics

Other Games - 2020/21 by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 02:03:24 AM]

Deano - the fifth miracle? by brentastonb6
[Today at 01:35:28 AM]

Rugby League by charlatan
[Today at 01:33:00 AM]

Aston Villa vs Brighton post-match thread by dcdavecollett
[Today at 01:15:27 AM]

Photo ID now required to purchase tickets by brentastonb6
[Today at 12:50:27 AM]

Other clubs' managers by Villa Lew
[Today at 12:28:20 AM]

The International Cricket Thread by tomd2103
[Today at 12:24:58 AM]

By popular request by Lizz
[November 27, 2020, 10:34:10 PM]

November 26, 2020, 05:50:55 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 625 | Comments: 12

Coming to Villa Park in Octobe...
November 23, 2020, 04:23:08 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 565 | Comments: 4

These days a ten year old is l...
November 20, 2020, 12:28:50 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 464 | Comments: 3

In the euphoria of the resumpt...
November 18, 2020, 11:57:57 AM by dave.woodhall | Views: 481 | Comments: 2

By Christmas 1936 those who ex...
November 05, 2020, 12:10:19 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 1220 | Comments: 9

This weekend sees the thirtiet...

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Sky Sports  (Read 5598 times)

Offline Somniloquism

Re: Sky Sports
« Reply #75 on: September 23, 2020, 01:32:57 PM »
Gabby’s been a breath of fresh air, even past the strong Erdington accent he has proven to be far more articulate and insightful than even his most arduous detractors.

The strong Erdington accent is glorious to hear on national radio, there needs to be more of it. Definitely.

Probably not as strong nowadays, but it has been on American TV for several years and with a lot more regularity then anything on British produced broadcasting.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.01.2021
« Reply #76 on: September 23, 2020, 03:47:48 PM »
Gabby’s been a breath of fresh air, even past the strong Erdington accent he has proven to be far more articulate and insightful than even his most arduous detractors.

The strong Erdington accent is glorious to hear on national radio, there needs to be more of it. Definitely.

Yep. I know that accent all too well seeing Gabby and I have that in common.

He's actually doing quite well. I thought he'd embarrass himself but he's made some decent points and naturally very defensive of the club and our key players and challenges the often lazy media perception of us.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #77 on: September 23, 2020, 04:31:47 PM »

He's actually doing quite well. I thought he'd embarrass himself but he's made some decent points and naturally very defensive of the club and our key players and challenges the often lazy media perception of us.

Born on York Rd me, always Erdington no matter where I live. Good to see our man representing. Wilton Market Forever.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.01.2021
« Reply #78 on: September 24, 2020, 12:52:30 AM »

Born on York Rd me, always Erdington no matter where I live. Good to see our man representing. Wilton Market Forever.

I was born in Aston, but moved I think at 2 to Erdington. Lived just off Kingsbury Rd, not far from Rookery Park. Went to Birches Green. I remember going to Wilton Market with my mum. Erdington high street last time I went is such a dump now. Sad to see. Really went downhill after Littlewood’s and Woolworth’s all closed down replaced by low cost stores.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #79 on: September 24, 2020, 08:24:30 AM »

I was born in Aston, but moved I think at 2 to Erdington. Lived just off Kingsbury Rd, not far from Rookery Park. Went to Birches Green. I remember going to Wilton Market with my mum. Erdington high street last time I went is such a dump now. Sad to see. Really went downhill after Littlewood’s and Woolworth’s all closed down replaced by low cost stores.

It is yes, very sad. Before starting school I would have been up there nearly every day with my Mom and Nan, with an iced bun from Wimbush as a reward for keeping schtum. I'd pop up there now and again as it's the nearest branch of Game, but it's heads down and don't make eye contact till you get in the shop, it's like the valley of the damned.

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #80 on: September 24, 2020, 08:26:27 AM »
They really had their z list of celebrities out last night including Jamie Mackie and Danny Cowley who couldn’t even be bothered to describe Newcastle’s first goal.

Offline sid1964

« Reply #81 on: September 30, 2020, 04:15:13 PM »
Every time you turn on sky sports all they talk about is sancho signing for Utd, they have been on about this since July, they even now have a reporter in Dortmund

I hope Dortmund don’t sell him!!!

Offline Damo70

« Reply #82 on: September 30, 2020, 04:19:32 PM »
Every time you turn on sky sports all they talk about is sancho signing for Utd, they have been on about this since July, they even now have a reporter in Dortmund

He has signed for Manure more times in the last few months than Jack did.

Offline VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #83 on: September 30, 2020, 04:21:37 PM »
Is he any good ?  🤔

Offline Damo70

« Reply #84 on: September 30, 2020, 04:38:57 PM »

There isn't much solid information coming from the reporter in Dortmund. I think the guy they have covering the story is Ed Winchester off of 'The Fast Show'.

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #85 on: October 01, 2020, 01:59:05 PM »
This is Sky all over.  Dortmund set a deadline of 10th August for the deal to be done and then said he isn't going anywhere.  They have somehow kept this shite going for another 7 weeks.  Apparently they still offered £30m less than they want this week.  He had a respiratory infection and didn't travel to wherever they were playing this week and Sky blew it up out of all proportion.

Offline fredm

• GM : 28.01.2020
« Reply #86 on: October 01, 2020, 04:46:00 PM »
Sky were very fair with their presenters for last nights Brighton v Man U match.  With Brighton being the home team one would expect there to be someone who knows the club, can give insites etc. but no we have Andy (sorry) Andrew Cole and Fletcher doing the match analysis.  Biased or what?

Offline Gary Penrice

« Reply #87 on: October 01, 2020, 05:18:56 PM »
Sky Sports has been poor for at least the last couple of years. Like everything else it just seems to have been dumbed down for a brain dead society.

Sign of the times I suppose!

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #88 on: October 01, 2020, 05:39:11 PM »
Sky were very fair with their presenters for last nights Brighton v Man U match.  With Brighton being the home team one would expect there to be someone who knows the club, can give insites etc. but no we have Andy (sorry) Andrew Cole and Fletcher doing the match analysis.  Biased or what?

They could’ve at least got Michael Robinson who played for both.

Edit no they couldn’t.  He died in April!

Edit.  Oh and he didn’t play for Manure.  Apart from that my post is valid. 
« Last Edit: October 01, 2020, 05:42:37 PM by kippaxvilla2 »

Offline Risso

• GM : 28.02.2021
« Reply #89 on: October 01, 2020, 10:15:55 PM »
Sky Sports has been poor for at least the last couple of years. Like everything else it just seems to have been dumbed down for a brain dead society.

Sign of the times I suppose!

It's even worse when they have very obviously biased ex-players co-commentating, eg Carragher on Liverpool matches.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal