collapse collapse

Please donate to help keep this site going.

Recent Topics

Conor Hourihane - SIGNED by brontebilly
[Today at 11:12:05 AM]

Louie Barry - signed for a big club by Risso
[Today at 11:10:39 AM]

Frederic Guilbert signed by Lastfootstamper
[Today at 11:03:29 AM]

Small Heath: The gift that keeps on giving by cdbullyweefan
[Today at 10:59:52 AM]

Ex- Villa Players still playing watch by Mister E
[Today at 10:55:36 AM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by Risso
[Today at 10:50:01 AM]

Other Games - 2020/21 by Nev
[Today at 10:38:06 AM]

Andre Green - on loan at PNE by Rudy65
[Today at 10:25:25 AM]

January 13, 2021, 02:59:00 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 571 | Comments: 7

There have been some fairly ug...
January 08, 2021, 02:00:55 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 899 | Comments: 0

As a one time moderately succe...
December 30, 2020, 09:43:19 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 1375 | Comments: 15

Watching the Chelsea match on ...
December 20, 2020, 12:54:02 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 1526 | Comments: 9

When Villa finally sank down t...
December 17, 2020, 12:36:03 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 1161 | Comments: 1

I get the impression that not ...

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Sky Sports  (Read 5905 times)

Offline Damo70

Re: Sky Sports
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2020, 01:06:49 PM »
Am I allowed to admit that I quite like Clinton Morrison?!

Me too, I actually like Micah too - sometimes some of them get too deadly serious about a game so mixing a bit of fun with proper punditry works.

I actually think Collymore changed that role, absolutely nothing to do with race / diversity or anything but when he started on c5 UEFA Cup coverage you could tell he put the hours in doing his research before games & you can see the same now in likes of Neville, Rosenior even dare I say it Savage.....

I like Clinton Morrison's enthusiasm. Rosenior is more laid back and considered but he tends to talk a lot of sense. They both have different styles but I like both of them.

Offline West Derby Villan

• GM : 09.05.2021
« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2020, 02:12:37 PM »

Me too, I actually like Micah too - sometimes some of them get too deadly serious about a game so mixing a bit of fun with proper punditry works.

I actually think Collymore changed that role, absolutely nothing to do with race / diversity or anything but when he started on c5 UEFA Cup coverage you could tell he put the hours in doing his research before games & you can see the same now in likes of Neville, Rosenior even dare I say it Savage.....

I like Clinton Morrison's enthusiasm. Rosenior is more laid back and considered but he tends to talk a lot of sense. They both have different styles but I like both of them.

Totally agree about Rosenior, he does talk a lot of sense, mainly because he isn’t lazy and puts the work in getting the accurate background information

Online Brend'Watkins

• GM : 02.03.2021
« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2020, 02:28:19 PM »
if they had Gabby as a pundit must would need the subtitles on to understand what he was saying.

Why? Do you not speak English?

ha ha ha.

Online avfc456

« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2020, 02:37:44 PM »
They’ve sacked Scott Minto now which I think is a shocking decision as I thought he was a great presenter.

Agree I think he is excellent, shame they could not of given Prutton the P45, although no doubt Caroline Barker who started to do the odd Sky EFL game will be the lead presenter now

Offline WilliamStanding

« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2020, 11:25:17 PM »

Totally agree - I’ve heard Morrison abit on Talkshite and whilst he talks about his time within the great unwashed, whenever we are
Mentioned he never takes a cheap dig and is always objective.

Offline Brazilian Villain

• GM : 02.03.2021
« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2020, 02:09:17 PM »

I've only heard Morrison on 5 Live and find him irritating tbh. Rosenior is a very good pundit but probably not suited to Soccer Saturday. Someone described Micah Richards as football's version of Kris Akabusi which tickled me as did this. https://twitter.com/NUFC_LEW/status/1298146210579128321

Offline Damo70

« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2020, 09:30:28 PM »
They’ve sacked Scott Minto now which I think is a shocking decision as I thought he was a great presenter.

Agree I think he is excellent, shame they could not of given Prutton the P45, although no doubt Caroline Barker who started to do the odd Sky EFL game will be the lead presenter now

Minto knew his stuff when it came to Spanish football. As does Terry Gibson.

Online Rory

• GM : PCM
« Reply #37 on: September 02, 2020, 10:25:32 PM »
I never liked Sky's coverage, you could practically smell the aged testosterone. Idiot as he may be, I like Merson. That's about it.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #38 on: September 03, 2020, 12:45:17 PM »
I never liked Sky's coverage, you could practically smell the aged testosterone. Idiot as he may be, I like Merson. That's about it.

That's his appeal to be fair, he doesn't carry the ego of the others. I met him once, he was great, slightly indifferent when introduced until I mentioned I was at Everton when he scored that ridiculous last minute winner, and then he suddenly lit up and we had a good blather for about 10 mins.

Online Rory

« Reply #39 on: September 03, 2020, 01:37:57 PM »

That's his appeal to be fair, he doesn't carry the ego of the others. I met him once, he was great, slightly indifferent when introduced until I mentioned I was at Everton when he scored that ridiculous last minute winner, and then he suddenly lit up and we had a good blather for about 10 mins.

That's nice to hear. Good ol' Merse.

Offline Meanwood Villa

« Reply #40 on: September 03, 2020, 01:47:20 PM »

That's nice to hear. Good ol' Merse.

I was there too, and there weren't many of us. None of this selling out away allocations then! Truly terrible game which made you wonder why you bother going. Then one moment of magic made it all worthwhile.

Offline danno

« Reply #41 on: September 03, 2020, 02:52:32 PM »
Apart from Mersons goal right at the end, the only other thing I remember was Gascoigne pulling a muscle taking a free kick and going off injured. think he slipped and fell on his arse.

Offline Gareth

• GM : 14.02.2021
« Reply #42 on: September 03, 2020, 05:48:49 PM »
Was sooo cold that day - the goal & Xaviers hair ‘who let the sheep out’ were the only memories I have

Online Villa Lew

• GM : 16.08.2021
« Reply #43 on: September 12, 2020, 11:33:11 AM »
Today's Soccer Saturday panel is Paul Merson, Tim Sherwood, Clinton Morrison and Tony Pulis, come back Le Tissier, Thompson and Nicholas all is forgiven.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #44 on: September 12, 2020, 05:17:41 PM »
I quite liked Sherwood today.  He describes the action very well.  There I’ve said it.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal