collapse collapse

Please donate to help keep this site going.
Today at 01:48:42 AM by dave.woodhall | Views: 317 | Comments: 7

Every Crystal Palace fan there...
September 26, 2020, 01:15:18 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 1071 | Comments: 24

[url=https://ibb.co/VpNq...
September 23, 2020, 08:37:01 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 319 | Comments: 1

Players in England first offic...
September 20, 2020, 01:40:06 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 704 | Comments: 5

The commentators in the nation...
September 19, 2020, 06:29:36 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 663 | Comments: 4

The big news since last season...

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Other clubs you like to see do well  (Read 4485 times)

Offline Damo70

Re: Other clubs you like to see do well
« Reply #90 on: August 17, 2020, 06:05:35 PM »
Willie Hamilton came to us for a short time from Hibs. I have vague recollections of him playing in a handful of games when I started going in 1966.

http://www.hibshistoricaltrust.org.uk/forwards/willie-hamilton

George Best played for Hibs & Villa.

Online Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #91 on: August 17, 2020, 06:51:50 PM »

Coventry City   

Mods!

As I said, once the fixtures are out I can say which two days I want them to do well. I want them to do the double over SHA, just like I want the other 22 teams on that list to do the double over them. 

Offline Gareth

• GM : 14.02.2021
« Reply #92 on: August 17, 2020, 09:20:45 PM »
Bromsgrove Rovers, first 100 odd live games were at Vic, great team in late 80’s - not formed any affinity to Bromsgrove Sporting

Arbroath, our Sports Argus team, first thing did when buying the 6pm Argus in New St Station was check Arbroath score

Rangers, the controversial one :-) too young to know about the thuggish fans at VP until much later but when Walters who was one of favourite players  went up there I wanted them to do well

No English league clubs

Offline VillaSpen

« Reply #93 on: August 17, 2020, 09:33:45 PM »
I've had a soft spot for Inter Milan since we played them in 1990. I was 10 at the time and their players, their lovely away kit that night, the fact that we beat them made it easy. Often bought their shirts when they were heavily reduced in JJB throughout the 90s.

I grew up with a few Walsall fans and went to many home and away games with them over the years when Villa weren't playing on a Saturday. It was so easy back then - 8am phone call from one of them asking if I wanted to fill a seat in the car on the journey to Crewe, Barnsley, Chesterfield, Blackpool etc. Never more than a few quid for a ticket back then either. I still like to see them do well.

Good mate of mine over here is from one of the most Scottish sounding towns I've ever heard of, Bonnyrigg, and is a big Hibs fan. That video of them singing Sunshine on Leith after winning the cup a few years ago is spectacular and that was enough for me.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2020, 12:04:47 PM by VillaSpen »

Online Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #94 on: August 17, 2020, 09:43:13 PM »

Coventry City   

It’s ‘Clubs you like to do well’ not ‘Clubs you’d like to do one.’

Mods!

Offline Hillbilly

• It's parfull, so it is.
« Reply #95 on: August 19, 2020, 08:30:24 AM »
I keep a weather eye out for Sunderland cos of a memory of them crowd surfing me down to the front of the old north bank when I was a nipper. Any Makems I've met since have been sound, in contrast to their neighbours up the road.

Apart from that, Dundalk, Whitehawk and Borussia Verein für Leibesübungen 1900 e.V. Mönchengladbach.

Offline Dave P

• GM : PCM
« Reply #96 on: August 19, 2020, 10:22:22 AM »
Bromsgrove Rovers, first 100 odd live games were at Vic, great team in late 80’s - not formed any affinity to Bromsgrove Sporting

Arbroath, our Sports Argus team, first thing did when buying the 6pm Argus in New St Station was check Arbroath score

Rangers, the controversial one :-) too young to know about the thuggish fans at VP until much later but when Walters who was one of favourite players  went up there I wanted them to do well

No English league clubs

Rangers isn't the controversial one, Bromsgrove is.  Up the bloody Redditch!!

Offline Gareth

• GM : 14.02.2021
« Reply #97 on: August 19, 2020, 02:14:30 PM »

No English league clubs

Rangers isn't the controversial one, Bromsgrove is.  Up the bloody Redditch!!

As a Redditch resident but Bromsgrove born & bred not only do I fit the definition of a shires Villa fan for the knuckle draggers but I should sit on the fence and cheer for Alvechurch :-)

Online ADVILLAFAN

• GM : 17.01.2020
« Reply #98 on: August 19, 2020, 06:12:16 PM »
I keep a weather eye out for Sunderland cos of a memory of them crowd surfing me down to the front of the old north bank when I was a nipper. Any Makems I've met since have been sound, in contrast to their neighbours up the road.

Apart from that, Dundalk, Whitehawk and Borussia Verein für Leibesübungen 1900 e.V. Mönchengladbach.

Yes, their fans always seem nice and self-deprecating and we usually beat them. Great bunch of lads

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #99 on: September 16, 2020, 05:18:36 AM »
Fulham when they’re not playing us.
Forest
Brentford

Offline ldavfc4eva

« Reply #100 on: September 16, 2020, 07:30:34 AM »
Walsall, and that’s about it. Probably because they have never been in the same league as us in my lifetime and they are local.

Hednesford Town for non-league

Offline Daley’s dreads

« Reply #101 on: September 16, 2020, 11:19:38 AM »
Hibs and Athletic Bilbao for me.
During the dark times of the last few years I have looked at a few other clubs’ forums to see what they think of us. Surprisingly Stoke seem to quite like us and dislike Blues so kind of hoping they do quite well this seasons.
Warming to Arsenal a little as well. Although would hardly say I want them to do well!
Like others, I don’t mind Sunderland either and would like to see Notts County get back in the league.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #102 on: September 16, 2020, 11:33:38 AM »
During the dark times of the last few years I have looked at a few other clubs’ forums to see what they think of us. Surprisingly Stoke seem to quite like us and dislike Blues so kind of hoping they do quite well this seasons.
Warming to Arsenal a little as well. Although would hardly say I want them to do well!
Like others, I don’t mind Sunderland either and would like to see Notts County get back in the league.

I think Stoke have issues with Small Heath and Albion from the days when all three of them were playing in the second and third tiers in the late eighties and early to mid nineties.

Online WarszaVillan82

• GM : 22.06.2020
« Reply #103 on: September 16, 2020, 12:02:11 PM »
If you had a soft spot for Macclesfield Town look for another second team. They have been wound for owing more than £500,000. The club was founded the same year as Villa.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #104 on: September 16, 2020, 01:44:34 PM »

I think Stoke have issues with Small Heath and Albion from the days when all three of them were playing in the second and third tiers in the late eighties and early to mid nineties.

The enemy of my enemy is my friend, and all that.

Kind of how I've always thought of Wolves, but it seems the feeling wasn't mutual after all.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal