collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Ezri Konsa - Aston Villa & England by chrisw1
[Today at 08:51:41 AM]

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by itbrvilla
[Today at 08:50:29 AM]

Re: FFP by chrisw1
[Today at 08:48:04 AM]

Re: FFP by cdward
[Today at 08:44:03 AM]

Re: FFP by Duncan Shaw
[Today at 08:31:47 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Hillbilly
[Today at 08:29:13 AM]

Re: Brian Evans by Scratchins
[Today at 08:23:18 AM]

Re: Ezri Konsa - Aston Villa & England by Hillbilly
[Today at 08:13:33 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Press-ing along  (Read 2363 times)

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
Re: Press-ing along
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2020, 10:48:22 PM »
I'd also like to see some of the better U23s being given a chance in the League Cup or on the bench for a Premier League fixture, such as Archer, Barry, Vassilev and Ramsey. Or a few more loans out for experience as, say, Grealish was to Notts County. What's the point in having an academy unless we are utilising the better prospects effectively?

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2020, 02:06:59 PM »
I love it Dave brilliant read.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2020, 02:48:38 PM »
I love it Dave brilliant read.

If you're happy I'm happy Daz.

Offline Pat Mustard

« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2020, 03:12:30 PM »
I'd also like to see some of the better U23s being given a chance in the League Cup or on the bench for a Premier League fixture, such as Archer, Barry, Vassilev and Ramsey. Or a few more loans out for experience as, say, Grealish was to Notts County. What's the point in having an academy unless we are utilising the better prospects effectively?

I wouldn't be surprised if there is no League Cup this year - no dates for it have been announced and the EFL season is already about 6 or 7 weeks shorter than last year's was planned to be, so I can't see how it is going to fit in.

Offline frankmosswasmyuncle

• GM : 05.09.2024
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2020, 03:42:02 PM »
Great read Dave, capturing the crucial elements of a strange season.

Offline dave.woodhall

« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2020, 03:44:52 PM »

I wouldn't be surprised if there is no League Cup this year - no dates for it have been announced and the EFL season is already about 6 or 7 weeks shorter than last year's was planned to be, so I can't see how it is going to fit in.

While it's sponsored, it'll be played.

Offline Pat Mustard

« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2020, 04:34:07 PM »

While it's sponsored, it'll be played.

They will need to get a move on with organising it, there is nothing about dates on the EFLs website yet.  If it does go ahead what is the betting that teams in Europe will either be allowed to drop out or just enter their U23s?  As long as there is still a place in Europe at the end of it then it might be an opportunity for us, but I wouldn't be surprised if that is dropped as a compromise.

It was one of the reasons I was really reticent about the restart, aside from health concerns.  Last season was compromised, this season will be compromised and with the Qatar World Cup so will the one after - something will give, and you can guarantee it won't be something that ends up affecting the elite clubs.

Sorry, it was a great read as well, got sidetracked on this!

Offline dave.woodhall

« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2020, 04:50:44 PM »
I reckon entry will still be compulsory (got to keep the sponsors happy) but we'll see more Liverpool XIs fielded.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal