collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: North Stand Demolition  (Read 23177 times)

Offline The Edge

• GM : PCM
Re: North Stand Demolition
« Reply #135 on: August 13, 2020, 05:39:08 PM »
It was just the Trinity and North Stand corner. The Holte and Witton lane remained separate.
Yes I know and that could have been addressed when the Witton lane and Holte end were rebuilt under Ellis's watch.

Offline London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #136 on: August 13, 2020, 06:22:37 PM »
What would the capacity have been if they were built?

About 52k was the bigger option.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #137 on: August 13, 2020, 06:27:32 PM »
Ta.

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #138 on: August 13, 2020, 08:55:17 PM »
Shows how much of a philistine Herbert was.

We had a stand as majestic as the Trinity, but he was swayed by the new builds at Sunderland and Boro.

I always thought those designs were poxy even back then.  Boro I could understand, as Ayresome Park didn't have much going for it. But Roker Park was a famous old venue.  If they genuinely couldn't redevelop on that site and incorporate some of the old features, the new build should at least have had some nod to their past.

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #139 on: August 14, 2020, 05:18:40 AM »

ive never seen these plans before. They look pretty good. The plans I saw I think were from more recently. Or maybe just didn’t include the facade. I’d be happy if we built this and it looked like it does in the renders.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #140 on: August 14, 2020, 07:32:29 AM »
Seems poorly designed near the Witton, as you will have a lot of restricted view. It wouls need to curve round a bit more.

Offline Marlon From Bearwood

« Reply #141 on: August 14, 2020, 08:11:46 AM »
Interesting pictures. Reminds me of Newcastle which isn’t necessarily a bad thing as St James’ is impressive.

For me, the priory should be doing the North Stand and DE stand at the same time and possibly join those two stands instead. They’re both no longer fit for purpose (concourse and facilities wise at least) so a bit of joined up thinking would be better than doing one stand, then think of doing the next one 5-10 years later.

Offline algy

• GM : 23.03.2025
« Reply #142 on: August 14, 2020, 08:12:55 AM »
I'm some someone like Cowdenbeath had planning permission to expand to 150,000 until World War Two intervened. I'm sure that would have been full every game.
It was Cowdenbeath ... they'd have been the Barcelona of Fife had it not been for Hitler and his goons.

Offline The Edge

« Reply #143 on: August 14, 2020, 08:53:56 AM »

ive never seen these plans before. They look pretty good. The plans I saw I think were from more recently. Or maybe just didn’t include the facade. I’d be happy if we built this and it looked like it does in the renders.
Never seen those before. Not a fan of filling in the corners tbh. And nothing in those plans to sort out the cock up where the Holte joins the DE. It really boils my piss that does. I may have mentioned it before.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #144 on: August 14, 2020, 08:57:12 AM »
Interesting pictures. Reminds me of Newcastle which isn’t necessarily a bad thing as St James’ is impressive.

For me, the priory should be doing the North Stand and DE stand at the same time and possibly join those two stands instead. They’re both no longer fit for purpose (concourse and facilities wise at least) so a bit of joined up thinking would be better than doing one stand, then think of doing the next one 5-10 years later.

I’m not a fan of St James’ Park, it’s too lopsided. It looks like someone’s cut-and-shut it with the Bescot.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #145 on: August 14, 2020, 09:01:37 AM »
The only wrap around should take place at lower tier/section of each stand. 

Offline The Edge

« Reply #146 on: August 14, 2020, 09:13:32 AM »

I’m not a fan of St James’ Park, it’s too lopsided. It looks like someone’s cut-and-shut it with the Bescot.
This made me laugh.

Online Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #147 on: August 14, 2020, 09:45:25 AM »
I'm some someone like Cowdenbeath had planning permission to expand to 150,000 until World War Two intervened. I'm sure that would have been full every game.

Didn’t Port Vale plan to build a 100,000 “Wembley of the North” Stadium after the war?

Offline The Edge

« Reply #148 on: August 14, 2020, 09:55:31 AM »

Didn’t Port Vale plan to build a 100,000 “Wembley of the North” Stadium after the war?
I planned to be an astronaut and marry Olivia Newton John when I was a kid.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #149 on: August 14, 2020, 10:22:06 AM »
It's not too late!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal